GTL Test Run - Tuesday 14th

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

GTL Test Run - Tuesday 14th

Post by Inspector » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:41 pm

There will be a test run this Tuesday night for a new GTL League, just a few details to sort out then I'll make a post. We are intending to work in with the PCC guys as many of us will want to run in the first practice race on Tuesday as well.

Will probably have two short trial races in the tc 65 cars, starting practice around 7.00pm and kicking off the 2 races around 7.30pm with the intention of finishing around 8.30pm (although the league nights will probably be a 9.00pm finish). First thoughts for the league is to run race 1 with GTC 65 cars (fixed car of your choice) and the 2nd race to run TC65 restricted to certain cars and we can talk about a format as we practice on the Ventrilo server. For Tuesday night we will just run the TC65's so everyone can try a few different cars out to see if the like them or not

More to follow tonight.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:42 pm

We will run two races at Dijon tonight, the same track as last week and the GTC-65 class will be open for you to choose any car from within it to practice. Hopefully from this we will get your feed back on running this class of cars and which of the cars to allow and which ones to disallow. We would also like your feedback on the format, i.e.

Race 1: TC65 - Fixed car by organisers or your choice for season
Race 2: GTC-65 - Fixed car by organisers or your choice for season

We will run 3 x 15 minute races tonight with a short break between each race for the drivers to have a pit stop and change to a different car if they wish. We won't bother with qualifying as this is just a test run to see if everyone likes the class of cars or not. Race 1 will start at 7.30pm and we hope to be finished up at 8.30 - 8.45pm in time to go and join the PCC practice.

Hope to see you all there.......

:drive:
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:23 am

Woop.. I scored a World Top 10 last night :)

http://gtl.gplrank.info/mch?track=2&car ... uddy_only=

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:34 am

Nice one man, was definately interesting trying out a couple of the gtc65 cars... if we are going to run these I think the Jag is probably my personal best bet.
Its somewhere in the middle between the lightweights and heavys, fantastically balanced car if i had a clue how to set it up properly.
Halo Racing

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:17 am

nice one Riven..looks like the GT40 is the car of choice...

joined last night at 7:25 and turned 1 practice lap with some kind of squirrelly set-up in the shelby gt350... i thought i would have time to jump out = repick car = and dive in with standard setup minus the fuel and just race but wasn't fast enough... This is do to Blah Blah Blah in the back ground from some bimbo that is totally impossible to block out; who calls me her boyfriend :mad:

oh and @ the same time i was screwing around with Ventrilo trying to get that to work as well...which of course didn't. So Inspector has agreed to help me out (with Ventrilo setup = not my human stress wagon) sometime this weekend :)

looking forward to the new series of GTL racing _b
Admire the fur

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:51 am

The GT40 might be the car of choice, but I think it'll be banned is this series.

1, its way faster than all the other GTC-65 cars.

2, it can only be obtained by winning the TC65 Full Championship from Cup E in single player, or by cheating.

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:44 am

Sasquatch wrote:So Inspector has agreed to help me out (with Ventrilo setup = not my human stress wagon) sometime this weekend :)
Since inspector is helping out with the ventrillo I feel obligated to help with the bimbo problem ;)

(We are a generous community ;p)
Halo Racing

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Scrunty wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:Since inspector is helping out with the ventrillo I feel obligated to help with the bimbo problem ;)

(We are a generous community ;p)
for $50.00 bucks (meaning I pay you to take her) she's all yours dude ;p Oh and BTW there is no right of return :D

Agreed Riven - the GT40 out guns anything else in that class so should not be used. Whats the next league up with mixed cars? are they a little more balanced?
Admire the fur