TPTCC Round 5 - Daytona RC

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riven
Server Guru

TPTCC Round 5 - Daytona RC

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:26 pm

Due to family reasons I have withdrawn from this league.
Its been a great season so far, and I hope you all continue to get faster and enjoy your racing.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:41 pm

Damn, sorry to here that Riven. ;(

The big question then is will team DuD be able to find a new driver to keep up the challenge against the Incredibles?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

M

Post by M » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:32 pm

I don't think I'd be any use to the DuDs since I've never tried the mod, but if there's space I wouldn't mind jumping in to some races.

M

Post by M » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:03 pm

Where do you get the mod these days?

Post by Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:46 pm

M

Post by M » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:30 pm

Cheers. _b

Tickford

Post by Tickford » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:41 pm

:( No good. No good at all... Family 1st though and hopefully its a short term thing and you'll be back out racing again soon.

Storm brewin here in Sydney. Mrs Working tonight....I'll be trying very hard to make the race tonight.
Cheers
Tickford

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:56 pm

Tickford wrote: Storm brewin here in Sydney. Mrs Working tonight....I'll be trying very hard to make the race tonight.
Yeah I read some guy got struck by lightning at Bondi :eek: Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:45 pm

OK, well here is all my road racing PTA mod based setups.

The file naming is very poor, as I can be assed most of the time to name them properly. You'll find that i raced with the setups named 'test' or similar. But the best bet is to do your own testing in them, and see if you like them, or at least get some ideas from them.

Simply extract inside your own players/setups folder :)

Hope these help some people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:09 pm

Good bit of racing that, most entertaining :>

Shame I dinged it 3 times on the first corner :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:22 pm

Appologies to Ron for 2nd race turn around - coming back onto trck after outbraking my self, I accelerated as you slowed mid-cnr. And Inspector, heat of the moment words post race - I've watched the replay and you are blameless for my tripping over myself in an attempt to pass. :grouphug:

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:58 am

Good racing all round... tough to fight back after brain fade only to run into more brain fade. I guess I was trying too hard at times.

I kept losing the rear on T1, don't know what the hell happend to me on T1 of the first race, as I took to the grass but all's well that ends well I guess. The second race I'm still kicking myself over... stupid stupid stupid on cold tyres.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:12 am

A Sunday definitely worth not remembering. Went well in race 1 until committing suicide. Would like to have gone well in race 2 to make up for race 1 but I had some "incredible" bad luck. Oh well, there is always next week.

No problem at all RV, in pressure motor racing these sorts of things happen. Just goes to show we have a great pressure racing situation that everyone is really enjoying, and that is how it should be.

The DuD's are going to miss Riven and we would like to thank Andrew for stepping in to replace him. Thanks for the offer M, we had already asked Andrew before you had posted.

Let's all hope the "Bull" doesn't run next week and she's a good'un.
Inspector

---

bman

Post by bman » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:57 am

Some hard out racin' for sure! Lots of fun though. I kept fairly safe and off the wall for most of both races, luckily my setup was very forgiving (totally crossed up thruough a few corners, but managed to survive).

Had a great battle with DuD driver Warwick Browne the last few laps of race 2 , heh - I knew he was faster, but I wanted the spot!

Did Chronic know there was another race?

chronic

Post by chronic » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:34 am

Yep, but I was having some problems with jerky framerates so I decided to leave it at 1 race.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:52 am

Hippy managed to go into this corner backwards, managing to take out his team mates, weeee, 5th to 3rd :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Boom Boom !

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:22 am

:crazy:
:>

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:37 am

Well I finally experienced what it is like to be inside a washing machine D:

1st race. Got tagged and flipped. Then rolled. Then rolled some more. Then flipped again - it seems to go for ever ! Then rolled a bit more. A very peculiar experience.

2nd race, crew chief decided to play a trick on me and took off my tyres and put on ice skating boots, or so it seemed ;(

Retired due my own inept ability to stay on the track, then the kids kittens did the flying through the air and leap at me trick, and knocked over the books, falling down and hitting the power switch on the multi box. Now the laptop won't boot.

Man, does it get any worse than that ?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:34 pm

I think you could safely say you've been quite ripped Prom :)
Boom Boom !

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:35 pm

well for the fourth consecutive race, I got a DNF >_<
Engine popped under abuse, guess I hit the limiter once too often. Qualifying was my usual fiasco, pranged my trolley on the pit wall and lost 10mph. Tacks were spat...

Thankfully race two ended well, after some of the front runners stopped for a picnic :> The field was very tight - good stuff all.
Hope to pick it up for the DuDs next week!

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:39 pm

Common Cap'n, lift ya game :D

and Might I say it's tighter than a duck near the top..

1 that sad sack that keeps winning
2 BAZZ 209
3 Happy 205
4 Brett Young 203
5 ...
Boom Boom !

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:40 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:I kept losing the rear on T1, don't know what the hell happend to me on T1 of the first race, as I took to the grass but all's well that ends well I guess.
ummm, apart from the fact that you flew back onto the track (presumably as a passenger) and clouted me, which dropped me to about 11th immediately and I lost contact with the top half dozen....

but that said, i did manage a couple of spins and had to re-pass Inspector at least 3 times... so a 7th(? was it 7th) was very welcome.

I actually thought this race would be by far my worst as i couldnt get the setup stable for the banking And the infield but it all turned out OK in the 2nd race as various hotshoes apparently had attacks of brain fade and I coasted into a well deserved 3rd.

I say well deserved as I had to fight of Happy for a lap and a half but in the end he out braked himself and dropped off at T2. Good thing too looking at the points!!!

Who's a sack now?
Last edited by famin on Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:48 pm

Prometheus wrote:Well I finally experienced what it is like to be inside a washing machine D:

1st race. Got tagged and flipped. Then rolled. Then rolled some more. Then flipped again - it seems to go for ever ! Then rolled a bit more. A very peculiar experience.

2nd race, crew chief decided to play a trick on me and took off my tyres and put on ice skating boots, or so it seemed ;(

Retired due my own inept ability to stay on the track, then the kids kittens did the flying through the air and leap at me trick, and knocked over the books, falling down and hitting the power switch on the multi box. Now the laptop won't boot.

Man, does it get any worse than that ?
The kitten could have spilled your drink too.
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:25 pm

famin wrote:... but it all turned out OK in the 2nd race as various duds apparently had attacks of brain fade and I coasted into a well deserved 3rd.

I wouldn't be to critical of any "team" until you have checked the brain fade of one of your team members. Watch the replay of Race 2 - Lap 1 from my car and then post your comments. I would talk to the person directly except they don't come to this forum.
Inspector

---

famin

Post by famin » Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:28 pm

Inspector wrote:I wouldn't be to critical of any "team" until you have checked the brain fade of one of your team members. Watch the replay of Race 2 - Lap 1 from my car and then post your comments.
will do.