NZNL Season 8 Poll re Yellow Flags

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR

Do you want more realistic NASCAR racing?

Yellow Flags ON
40%
Yellow Flags OFF
60%

Total votes: 25

TonyG

NZNL Season 8 Poll re Yellow Flags

Post by TonyG » Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:15 am

Discussion on this here http://www.simcentral.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2079

We've had time to think about this for a few days so I thought we should have a poll.

Before you vote also consider these rules/guidelines that (in some form) would have to be put in place

Draft
When a yellow flag occurs, all drivers must gradually slow (not dramatically, as this may cause collision with a following car) and maintain their race position.
No passing is permitted at this time, all cars will cross the start line and form up in single file (obeying game rules) until the race is restarted. Pitting will be allowed according to the inbuilt game rules.
There is no racing back to the line.
There is no lucky dog rule.
Passing before the start line is only permitted if the car (or cars) being passed are involved in an accident or incident and are stationary or off track due to an incident. When a car has to drive off track to avoid an incident they shall rejoin as best they can (at reduced pace) and then take up the new track position they find themselves in.

Protests for passing before the start line will be judged upon race and incident circumstances.

Self spinning is a concern as a driver who self spins e.g. on exit from the pits, can cause unnecessary yellow flags.
Therefore drivers who self spin more than once in a race and cause a yellow flag will be heavily penalised
NB these are my thoughts and not the committee thoughts.

The reason for not racing back to the flag is this will probably cause more incidents if drivers try to race through an on track incident for example.
The game does not allow the current NASCAR lucky dog rule.

Whether damage is on or not can be decided if the poll is for yellows.

The reason I am running this poll is to try and improve Wednesday racing with NR2003 by adding more ability for pit strategy etc.
:)

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:25 pm

If we run yellows on we could run rule that allot of other leagues run which is if you have 2 self spins you park it. There would be exceptions like if you self spin to avoiding another spinning car and stuff like that.

I would also like to change my vote so one to having yellows on.

:neo: :wow: :bump: :drive:

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:31 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:If we run yellows on we could run rule that allot of other leagues run which is if you have 2 self spins you park it. There would be exceptions like if you self spin to avoiding another spinning car and stuff like that.

I would also like to change my vote so one to having yellows on.

:neo: :wow: :bump: :drive:
Y dont you just get your brother to vote......... :Puke:
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:13 am

Lucky Dog can be given, but there is allot of instruction that needs to be given and every driver would need to know what they are required to do in order to give the lucky dog.....we did this in the hardcore league also.....me thinks if more peope were really interested in yellows and damaged they would have ran the hardcore league when Ron was organizing it. ;)
Odie