VR Concepts League Enduro (Take Two) - Papyrus

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Wraith

Post by Wraith » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:51 pm

4min tow on lap 3 getting caught in a sack pileup :D Since it wasn't for points I didn't stay, hope y'all had fun _b
Wraith

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Had lag issues again so quit :rolleyes: 2 weeks in a row and buggered if i know why as I have never had a problem in the past and my ping and quality are ok O_o

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:19 pm

Quit out due to being of the pace and not enjoying it. Im glad the Inspire league runs ovals, and SS for their enduro. Not many drivers didnt help the cause I think. When there was nothing riding on the outcome either for the rookies, I didnt see the point for sticking around.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 pm

I would cut off limbs before running on Papyrus again....... goes for 8 bowl as well.

hope you had a good one.
"Run Yasmine Run"

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:32 pm

UnbounD wrote:I would cut off limbs before running on Papyrus again....... goes for 8 bowl as well.

hope you had a good one.
My First time on the track and my last.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:33 pm

wide load wrote:Quit out due to being of the pace and not enjoying it. Im glad the Inspire league runs ovals, and SS for their enduro. Not many drivers didnt help the cause I think. When there was nothing riding on the outcome either for the rookies, I didnt see the point for sticking around.
Yeah....the thing is most people did vote for Papyrus
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:03 am

Well what a long race that was with such a small feild. Bit of bad luck for Wonder Stevie and Lancealot having internet issues down there in the Horowhenua, still you guys choose to live there........ ;p

I'm pretty dissapointed that very few of the InSPire league drivers turned up to support the rookies in their Enduro race, seems like it's fine to turn up during the season to get some practice for the main race but no big deal to leave them with a ridiculously small feild in the biggest race of the season for them. q- Thanks to TonyG, Wraith, Storm, Big Al & Wide Load for turning up to support the rookies and have a go at the track. _b

For the rookies that managed to make it, I would have to say how impressed I was that you guys stuck it out and raced really well right to the end. Well done to Kezza who got dropped 3/4 of the way through the race and came back 4 laps down with no chance of catching up but ran right to the end. Great stuff Kerry _b
Poor old Murphy.......you need to do something about you gear button/lever locations my friend. Running up the front there with a good chance of being there at the end for the final battle and he accidently selects third in the fast turn 1 and spins himself and blows his engine from the over revving. That's twice you have cost yourself a race from gear changes.
Another driver who impressed me last night was Maniak. A very consistant and patient drive saw him go from 10th to 5th with some good stats in the race lap time consistancy report. Even though he spent most of the race by himself, his laptimes remained constant and even though it must have been quite boring out there by himself for most of the 106 laps he never gave up and continued to drive well to the end. Well done Maniak, I'll look forward to seeing you in the main league next season.

Good "old" CarnaGe, never a dull moment with you around Graham :)
CarnaGe and Gareth fought out the race swapping positions when needed and keeping each other honest as the race progressed. Kezza tagged along with them but dropped off after the disconnect. As always Graham kept us amused and it was very pleasent to have Gareth on voice coms for the whole race and the chat as we went along certainly help keep us awake. Shame about the spins CarnaGe or it probably would have been a great close finish between us all at the end.

Finally Bcingu! What a great drive you had mate and you were without a doubt the fastest man out there last night. You drove a consistant race pacing very quickly and pulling me along with you. Apart from our little ding mid race we were consistantly pulling faster laps than the other guys and the gap increased every lap. Whether lack of concentration caught you out or something else, I noticed you overshot your pit stall 3 times during the race and obviously the last pit stop was the most costly of the race, allowing me to overtake you leaving the pits and steal the win. I guess something else must have gone wrong as well because I not only managed to leave the pits in front of you but had a 7 sec lead once we were back up to full speed. You certainly managed to haul back 3 or 4 of those seconds with your superior speed but with only 6 laps left you just didn't have time to close the gap. Thanks for waiting for me after our crash, I pushed a little hard on my first go at leading the race trying to match your good times to keep us moving and scrapped the fence which slowed me heaps and obviously you couldn't slow in time and hit me. It was good of you to wait which probably ultimately cost you the win but also avoided a boring second half of the race if we had run it out on our own.

All in all a good performance from all the rookie drivers who have earn't their place in the main league and a top drive by Bcingu!

I would also like to thank Gareth for all his efforts and attitude running the VR Concepts "Rookie" League. Gareth puts a lot of time into ensuring the rules for his drivers are adhered to, that the rules are changed when needed for his league and that all drivers are scored correctly and that those who can not make a race are looked after. Gareth never misses a race and is very organised on race night and makes sure his drivers all know what is happening and is flexible when changes are needed or asked for.
Thanks for all your efforts Gareth, you have done a great job as league admin and are a pleasure to race with _b

The rookies as a whole have been very impressive over this last season, all drivers have learn't heaps and are more than capable of competing in the main league. Their patience during the racing is a shining example to the main league drivers, especially considering the amount of rookies who have had their races ruined by us "senior" drivers who have turned up and driven quite badly. Having said that I think it is good that so many main league drivers turn up, some consistantly every week to support the smaller rookie feilds and help them learn to drive in the bigger feilds that they will soon have to face when they step up to the main league.
Inspector

---

Kezza

Post by Kezza » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:21 am

Thanks to all the guys who competed last night shame there wasn't a bigger turn out.
Personally I think Steve and Lances connection is fine they just know they can't handle our pace :D . Na shame you guys missed out go give Telescum a few :ffs: words.

After hunting carnage back down after over running my pit and loosing the pace I'm sure we would have hauled in Gareth ;) . Unfortunatly I got dropped which put me out of the running.

Congrats on the win Inspector.

Thanks a lot for all your effort this season Gareth much appreciated :)

That was a rather long post from you inspector shouldn't you be working ;) :D

Lancealot

Post by Lancealot » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:16 pm

Great write up there Inspector _b . Nice to know what happened thanks to Telescum ruining my chance to run. (They decided my orcon account was the lucky one that needed to be migrated to their jetstream........*for no reason :ffs: *........ rendering it useless on Orcons bitstream. Trouble is getting the *******'s to migrate it back again at anything faster than their usual slow "when we feel like it" pace)

Sounds like an eventful race. Well done to Kezza for sticking it out minus your team. It's about time you stood on your own four wheels. (Jokes, well done mate)

A huge thanks to Gareth for running the rookie league. It's always a smooth event come race night and we all know what we should be doing. Also a big thanks Inspector for turning up week in and week out and offering tips and advice. Same goes for the Inspire league guys who consistently show up as Inspector mentioned.

Team Nua will hopefully be back and ready to step up next season. The sooner the better as for now our ear drums are going to get a bashing as Wonder Stevie lets us all know just who topped our team this season :rolleyes: .

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:27 pm

Inspector wrote:I'm pretty dissapointed that very few of the InSPire league drivers turned up to support the rookies in their Enduro race, seems like it's fine to turn up during the season to get some practice for the main race but no big deal to leave them with a ridiculously small feild in the biggest race of the season for them. q-
Sorry but a 45min extra race during a week is fine.

A 3hr long epic, for no points which I don't exactly look forward too in the main season on a track I personally hate isn't my idea of fun. :Puke:
Last edited by Eagle32 on Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Wonder Stevie

Post by Wonder Stevie » Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:41 pm

Big thanks to Gareth for all of his efforts in running the rookie league, thankyou to the sponsors and also the Inspire league guys who turned up each week to support us. It has been great preparation for the main league! :D

bcingu

Post by bcingu » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:17 pm

Inspector wrote:
Finally Bcingu! What a great drive you had mate and you were without a doubt the fastest man out there last night. You drove a consistant race pacing very quickly and pulling me along with you. Apart from our little ding mid race we were consistantly pulling faster laps than the other guys and the gap increased every lap. Whether lack of concentration caught you out or something else, I noticed you overshot your pit stall 3 times during the race and obviously the last pit stop was the most costly of the race, allowing me to overtake you leaving the pits and steal the win. I guess something else must have gone wrong as well because I not only managed to leave the pits in front of you but had a 7 sec lead once we were back up to full speed. You certainly managed to haul back 3 or 4 of those seconds with your superior speed but with only 6 laps left you just didn't have time to close the gap. Thanks for waiting for me after our crash, I pushed a little hard on my first go at leading the race trying to match your good times to keep us moving and scrapped the fence which slowed me heaps and obviously you couldn't slow in time and hit me. It was good of you to wait which probably ultimately cost you the win but also avoided a boring second half of the race if we had run it out on our own.
I enjoyed that race, it was a shame more people didn't turn up, also that Murphy blew his engine and something happened to Tony G

Pitstops were certainly my problem last night, and have been in a few other races this season, it's going to be my aim over the "off" season to practice them. I actually undershot one of them and didn't realise it.

As for our ding inspector, I had back off because it seemed like you were a bit slower around the outside there, looking at the reply it was the sudden drop of 20mph when you hit the wall that caused me to catch up so quickly, even thou i wasn't on the throttle.

If it was a points race I might not have waited to let you catch up ;) ,
but I didn' quite know what had happened and from trying to catch you over those few laps I knew that if you were further away than about 1.5 seconds you couldn't get a tow to get back up onto me, and running around for the next 60 laps, possibly by myself, didn't seem like a lot of fun. So yes it may have cost me the race, but it was more interesting.

I like to congratulate Murphy on winning the Rookie league. He qualified well, drove fast, stayed in races, and won the more than anyone else.

When I first joined the league in the middle of last year, reading the forums I didn't know why you continued to let him race the amount of trouble he seemed to get into. I never race with him until this season and from what i've seen he's taken everyones comments and applied them well. Apart from a couple of incidents (which we almost all have) he's been fast, fair and clean, which is what everyone wants (well fast but not quite as fast as ones self :) ).

Anyway thanx to everyone involved in organising the leagues, the effort is appreciated.

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:35 pm

Inspector wrote:.......Another driver who impressed me last night was Maniak. A very consistant and patient drive saw him go from 10th to 5th with some good stats in the race lap time consistancy report. Even though he spent most of the race by himself, his laptimes remained constant and even though it must have been quite boring out there by himself for most of the 106 laps ............

Cheers Inspector, it was bloody boring out there..... but I kept hoping for more dings etc......next season could be good.

Also, thanks to Gareth for a great job running the league. Well Done.

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:51 am

Thanks to Gareth for being admin in the VRC League.

Thanks to Inspector for the tips and tricks again this season.

The enduro was great fun and I made a meal out of a couple of corners trying different lines, attempting to bridge the gap to Gareth.

I would have been a lot happier if this was for points. On a normal league night if someone can't make it through work or illness they are given bottom points. Whats the difference between this and any of the other league racers? If this was a special race then take it off the league schedule!

I certainly would have approached the last two races differently!

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:27 pm

Inspector wrote: I'm pretty dissapointed that very few of the InSPire league drivers turned up to support the rookies in their Enduro race, seems like it's fine to turn up during the season to get some practice for the main race but no big deal to leave them with a ridiculously small feild in the biggest race of the season for them. q- Thanks to TonyG, Wraith, Storm, Big Al & Wide Load for turning up to support the rookies and have a go at the track. _b
Thats because you took our usual praccy for a a few hour before the race away. Remember that conversation. I relish the rookie races, very clean!
Inspector wrote:

The rookies as a whole have been very impressive over this last season, all drivers have learn't heaps and are more than capable of competing in the main league. Their patience during the racing is a shining example to the main league drivers, especially considering the amount of rookies who have had their races ruined by us "senior" drivers who have turned up and driven quite badly. Having said that I think it is good that so many main league drivers turn up, some consistantly every week to support the smaller rookie feilds and help them learn to drive in the bigger feilds that they will soon have to face when they step up to the main league.

Names please, I dont like being tarred with a someone elses shitty brush :) I only remember tagging two ppl who were actually fighting for rookie points, one of them came out of the sun. But I cant remember which dam track.......arrrrrrgggghhhh we will go there again, and I will forget to turn off the glares again.

As I said, Rookie league was clean and a lot of fun to drive in with no pressure for points. Fanks

Shame you had to choose such a crap track for the enduro, but it sounds like some enjoyed it so _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:38 pm

UnbounD wrote: Thats because you took our usual praccy for a a few hour before the race away. Remember that conversation. I relish the rookie races, very clean!

Just as well we did as it turns out isn't it. By moving the rookie race from Tuesday to just before the main race we have freed up the night for other racing like PCC & GTL.

UnbounD wrote: Names please, I dont like being tarred with a someone elses shitty brush :) I only remember tagging two ppl who were actually fighting for rookie points, one of them came out of the sun. But I cant remember which dam track.......arrrrrrgggghhhh we will go there again, and I will forget to turn off the glares again.
Inspector was one of them......

UnbounD wrote: As I said, Rookie league was clean and a lot of fun to drive in with no pressure for points. Fanks

Shame you had to choose such a crap track for the enduro, but it sounds like some enjoyed it so _b

It still amazes me that after all the whinging about not having road tracks in the Nascar league almost every time we start a new season, that people run down the Papyrus track. It is a great combination of oval style racing with a bit of right turn mentality thrown in for that extra something and presents a new challenge to individual skills on top of the accepted drafting skills. The same applies to 8-Bowl which if it didn't have these "bugs" which I have never encountered I would vote for it everytime. It has the good old oval drafting attributes with that little extra skill required to adapt to the left/right change and to win that battle when the inside line becomes the outside line. Well I guess if the majority aren't up to the challenge then we just have to stick with the normal........
:fence:
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:06 pm

Papyrus, 8-Bowl and Hillside all get my vote to be included in every league :)

Ive never had trouble with any of them.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:26 pm

UnbounD wrote:
The track was chosen by the series drivers, your post seems to imply that Inspector chose the track ;p
Odie

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:36 pm

Inspector wrote:
It still amazes me that after all the whinging about not having road tracks in the Nascar league almost every time we start a new season, that people run down the Papyrus track. It is a great combination of oval style racing with a bit of right turn mentality thrown in for that extra something and presents a new challenge to individual skills on top of the accepted drafting skills. The same applies to 8-Bowl which if it didn't have these "bugs" which I have never encountered I would vote for it everytime. It has the good old oval drafting attributes with that little extra skill required to adapt to the left/right change and to win that battle when the inside line becomes the outside line. Well I guess if the majority aren't up to the challenge then we just have to stick with the normal........
:fence:
Wwoooooo there nelly, Ive never whinged about us NOT doing road courses..... I not exactly pro doing road courses in Nascar. If you really must, can we at least stick to the ones that the real cup cars drive on.

Not sure about Bugs in 8 bowl, I Just think its poo! Riki has the "Bug"

I would love to do a league where we follow the Nascar circuit for even just a few months, no matter where it goes!!!
If you want "Skill" lets do some small ovals, then we will find out about "Individual" "Skill" ;)

You wanna draft, or you wanna turn right :)

Odie, I was not implying that Inspector choose the track, I saw the poll ;p
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:08 pm

Well obviously if you've never been effected by the problems with 8-bowl my (and other peoples) random ctd's every 30mins on the track are surely a figmant of our imagination.

Who wants road courses in nascar. I know my memories bad but I don't remember large arguments with anyone wanting to add road courses to nascar?
- Death to Smoochy

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:22 pm

UnbounD wrote: ...... do a league where we follow the Nascar circuit for even just a few months, no matter where it goes!!!
Good idea - it is a Nascar league - why not follow the real thing! Speedways, SS and road courses.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:09 pm

Eagle32 wrote:Well obviously if you've never been effected by the problems with 8-bowl my (and other peoples) random ctd's every 30mins on the track are surely a figmant of our imagination.

Must be your dodgy machines I think.

Eagle32 wrote: Who wants road courses in nascar. I know my memories bad but I don't remember large arguments with anyone wanting to add road courses to nascar?
This was at the begining in the 3 seasons we raced before SimRacerHQ started recording our stats. But you will remember back in season 2 or 3 we raced Papyrus as a comprimise because people were complaining about the lack of road courses.
Inspector

---

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:22 pm

So 6 seasons ago = beginning of almost every season.

That's ok now I understand your definition of "almost every". :rolleyes:
- Death to Smoochy