NZNL Season 8 - Teams and Chat

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Chequers

Post by Chequers » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:06 pm

I have to side with those who think that the enduros are too long. I think that 75% or 80% would be quite enough. A full length enduro certainly favours the drivers with the most stamina, but surely that is not the reason that we race in the league. As Eagle says, it's about having fun.
I don't think that the extra length contributes anything to the league.

The big downside with full length enduros is the very late finishing time which impacts on sleep time which in turn impacts on work performance the next day. I'm particularly affected by this because I have to get up at 3.00am for my delivery job. I have still tried to race the enduros but I have to admit that I have suffered for it the next day.

My suggestion is that an enduro could be organised mid-season for those who are interested but without points being awarded and therefore not part of the league. Those who don't want to race the enduro can have a night off without it affecting their league points.

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:28 pm

I too will be looking for a team to join for this season......don't really want to run as an independant.

Danman

Post by Danman » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:55 pm

The whole point of an enduro is lasting the distance, and therefore it is a great opportunity for mid-fielders like myself to get some decent points if others drop out. It also gives you more chance to recover from a spin etc.

To run an enduro without points would be..... pointless!

wide load

Post by wide load » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:22 am

I for one like the enduro at 100%, that’s why it’s an enduro. I to get up reasonably early the following day for work, but it is only once every 3 months. And I don’t think its worthwhile saying that 70 - 80% is long enough and the last 20 - 30% is just a waste of time. I think I lost 4 -5 places in the last 20% of last seasons race. That certainly wasn't a waste for those that gained those positions. My vote is firmly in the keep it at 100%.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:34 pm

Back on topic, taking submissions for Monsters Team...

Decided to stick with the ovals as GTP went south as buggy mod/game won't run ;p
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:01 pm

Maniak wrote:I too will be looking for a team to join for this season.
:shy:

Wonder Stevie

Post by Wonder Stevie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:48 pm

Team Nua are looking for a 4th driver to replace Cool ET. If anyone is interested please pm me. We will be running with new skins and most likely a new team name.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:41 pm

I asked a few people at the start of last season if they either wanted me in their team, or if they wanted to started a new team.

Only one bothered to reply . . . and he said he didn't know if he'd be around for all the races and therefore was running as an independent.

I missed most of the early races . . . then had a few runs . . . but didn't think I should turn up for the latter ones . . . in case I affected anyone's standings in the series.

I'd like to be a "Team Player" to help my team whenever I can.

I know I'm only a mid/rear fielder . . . but if anyone needs a 4th driver, or if there are 3 others who aren't in a team and want to form one . . . feel free to PM me.

I don't think I've ever pulled out of any race that I've started with you guys . . . but when you aren't in a team, there's no real feeling of HAVING to turn up for every race.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:31 am

should be plenty of teams around that aren't full.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:04 pm

Sulley wrote:Back on topic, taking submissions for Monsters Team...

Decided to stick with the ovals as GTP went south as buggy mod/game won't run ;p
Please PM me if interested in joining the Monsters for Season 8, not sure when and if Marty will return, Tony and Odie out so only myself confirmed so far.

I will be needing a new Team Skin painter too, so if anyone willing to help out that would be great, got some ideas in the works for a new design for 2006, but need someone with necessary skills to make the 'dream' come true :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

wide load

Post by wide load » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:11 pm

Team Google have finalised their line-up for season 8. With all 4 drivers returning to the team after a Season or two away.

All 4 drivers will be looking to improve on their best finish’s overall and the key word this season is TEAMWORK.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:18 am

Looking good Team Google, Best of luck in Season 8.