Nascar CTS League - Season 3 - Protest Thread

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Nascar CTS League - Season 3 - Protest Thread

Post by Inspector » Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:34 pm

Results of Protests from the CTS League will be posted here each week.

Please note that when a protest involves a committee member (by or against) or a member of their team, that committee member has NO say in the verdict or the penalty.

The committee would like to point out to all competitors that it may seem easy to view these incidents in the comfort of a non race situation, but we as experienced competitors also, understand all of the circumstaces which bring about these incidents but in the interests of creating a better league we must encourage the drivers to be even more aware of what is happening around them and force a higher level of concentration and understanding of a drivers responsibilty to the other competitors.

All protests are handled by email - cts-protest@kiwisimracing.com

Race 3 - Texas

Protest against truck #500 - Redvaliant
The protest was for him hitting Truck #909 from behind

3 votes guilty

This is a minor offence but the committee members made these comments:
I do believe he is guilty, but it is a pretty minor offence and I dont think it is worth the points to be taken off him, but on the other hand it might teach him a leason and make him drive better tonight. So put him on death row and take the 25 points off him.
My verdict is Guilty, Red valiant should be more aware of tire wear on the track and that other drivers may not slow the same rate he does, he ended up in a lot of accidents and I believe he cause a large percentage of them.

I choose 25 points as a minor infringement because it was only a tap up the back.

I think the advice to Red Valiant should be he needs to not assume that the driver infront is going to do what he expects, there are a lot of different drivers at different levels on the track and you have to be able to adjust yourself to it.
I have to agree with above comments here. To be honest...Red valiant should consider himself lucky. It seems like he is involved in allot of incidents and lucky no one else has submitted a protest against him.

These comments were consistant from all the committee and should be taken on as good advice to the driver concerened who I believe has already acknowledged his mistakes and is keen to work on them. Other drivers should take note of the advice above and Redvaliant's attitude toward reducing his errors.

Redvaliant has been penalised 25 points for a minor offence.

Race 4 - Talladega

Protest against truck #777 - TonyG
The protest was for hitting Truck #321 from behind

This decision was made by 3 of the committee, 2 were not allowed to comment because the protestor was a member of their team, was this:

2 votes guilty, 1 vote not.

The committee members comments were generally agreed that the accident could be seen from all views of your car and that you had plenty of time to back off yourself in preperation of avoiding the cars involved in the incident ahead. It was noted that Happy backed off (not braked) upon seeing the accident and that you had sufficient space to be able to brake upon seeing him back off. In other words, because he backed off first there is no way you could back off after him and not hit him, even braking lightly would possibly not avoid this, therefore to avoid having to slam on the brakes and possibly causing more carnage behind you, you should have backed of upon sighting the incident ahead of you, even if Happy had not.

TonyG has been penalised 25 points for a minor offense.

Race 5 - Hillside

Protest #1: TonyG 777 submits against Happy 321
reason: Happy qualified for Eight Bowl when he shouldn't have
Result: Not Guilty, Happy only qualified because he heard inspector say the race would not count but missed the bit "if there are any major issues on the server" There were communications errors and Happy cannot be pinged for this.
Protest #2: Eagle #214 submits against Storm #133
Reason: Exiting Turn 4, 133 fails to hold the low line even tough a car has gone high.
Result:
voted guilty: 3 -25 points
voted not guilty: 1

"133 held his line through the Turn. The turns are wider than the straights.
Also, 214 could have backed off. - racing incident"

"Car #133 is guilty, he could see eagles rear of the truck was visible in the mirror when he went round the corner, #133 should have kept lower out of the turn, Eagle shouldn't have to back off for a car on a different line."

"214 held his line all the way thru the corner, 133 should have known that 214 was up on his outside there for should have kept a tighter line or backed off."
protest #3: Mikool submits against J Dellaway
Protest #3 (a):
Lap 3 Time 2:21
Reason: J Dellaway Does not slow down and Hits typhoon which make Thypoon hit me and take myself and typhoon out
Result:
voted guilty: 3 (-25 points)
voted not guilty:

"Dellaway had time to lift and didn't until it was on top of 909"
"J dellaway appears to not even lift or brake"
Protest #3 (b):
Lap 15 Time 6:35
Reason:J Dellaway
Result:
voted not guilty:
Protest #3 (c):
Lap 67 Time 29:25
Result:
voted not guilty:

"Had time to slow down and avoid this from happening"
Protest #3 (d):
Lap 93 Time 39.07
Result:
voted guilty: 1
voted not guilty: 2

"Mikool could have backed off and not force the pass into the turn - Racing Incident"

"Mikool should have turned in Earlier if he is going to race on the bottom, Racing incident – no penalty"
Protest #4: Mikool #313 submits against Red Valiant
Protest #3 (e):
Lap 131 Time 52.05
Reason: Redvaliant not holding line when joining back onto the track
Result:
voted guilty: 1
voted not guilty: 2 (no loss of points)
backfire vote: 1

"Mikool bounced off the wall and forced Carey down into the grass and Red went to hard into the turn. Penalty to both Mikool and Redvaliant"

"Red valiant reacted to a near incident between mikool and R Carey, after his reaction his car would have been fairly unstable and probably difficult to judge into the corner (specialy on this dodgy track)-racing incident – no penalty"

Protest #5: Ron submits against Chequers #105
Reason: truck 105 dives under me, and then sees the wreck in front, and cuts up the track knocking me into the outside wall, which inturn bounces me back accross the track.
Result:
voted guilty: 4 (-25 points)
voted not guilty: 0
Protest #6: Ron submits against Jason Dellaway #17
on lap 139 at 59:35
Reason: #17 failed to slow for an incident and in turn caused another incident
Result:
voted guilty 3 (-25 points)
voted not guilty
Overall Verdict:
It is clear that some drivers aren't getting the message about driving carefuly, for this reason we have introduced a "driver on probation" scheme where the driver will be watched by a league organiser in the replay for a whole race, the driver will be subject to penalties deemed nessecary by the entire race committee.

Storm#133: -25 points
J Dellaway #17: -50 points (100 was too severe, Driver is on probation for the next race)
Red Valiant #500: no points deducted
Chequers #105: -25 points (Driver is on probation for next race)

Race 6 - California

Protest #1: Flyboy 969 submits against Typhoon 909
time: @ 1:00:05
Reason: I came off on the back straight and was entering the pits safetly and in the proper manner, when Typhoon who was going really came off the though turn 4 and proceeded to try and f**k me up the ass, which he did quite well.

Vote Guilty: 4
Vote not-guilty: 0
-25 points
Overal verdict

Typhoon #969: -25 points

Race 7 - Lowes

Protest #1: The Bold One #222 protests against JBR #17
time: @ 2min 53s
Reason: Biteme slows slightly and gets slightly loose mid turn and JBR drives straight into the back of him, not paying any attention. The ensuing
ding proceeds to collect my car, flipping me several times
"Yes JBR got into the back of Biteme, but I believe there was an attempt to slow down. JBR was down to about 142mph.
Racing Incident"
"JBR, not guilty even tho he did not slow down as much i also think he should have, this is a racing incident, Biteme did get quite loose in the corner therefore reducing his speed quite alot."
Vote Guilty:1
Vote not-guilty: 4
Protest #2: The Bold One #222 protests against P Lynch #105
time: @ 1h 5min 16s
Reason: I drive high through turn 4 high and pat drives up the inside of me. He then drives out towards the wall sandwhiching my car in the middle of the tri oval.

Vote Guilty: 0
Vote not-guilty: 5
Overal verdict

Nobody looses any points ;p