NZNL Season 8 - Race 1 - Daytona International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed May 03, 2006 11:11 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Cos I'm an idiot
so true

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Most shocking race we've had in a year....

And is it coincidence that it's as Mikool has returned? :p (j/k.. maybe) :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed May 03, 2006 11:13 pm

Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed May 03, 2006 11:15 pm

That was fun :)

the 1st ding pissed me off.....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed May 03, 2006 11:16 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Is Unbound the world's biggest whinger? Depends if Mattly's awake I spose...

:cool: :D
I spose if you dont really have a chance of a top 5 you wouldnt really give a shit would you.

;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Wed May 03, 2006 11:20 pm

Ahh the drama, its good to be back. Mixed results for the roadrunners, can't complain with top 5 after a 30sec penalty on first stop.

Intense last few laps, with so many positions so close together.
Wraith

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Wed May 03, 2006 11:25 pm

mikool wrote:That was fun :)

And then after that you used every moment to ding other people, even commenting in Teamspeak you were intensionally blocking Drivers a lap up from pitting.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed May 03, 2006 11:28 pm

UNOFFICIAL TEAM POINTS
583 Voda
495 Dud
493 Roadrunners
484 Monsters Inc
413 Google
406 Sim TV
367 Redline
291 FUBAR.inc
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed May 03, 2006 11:39 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:I would like to aplagise for the incerdent at the finsh i spun the tyers so so sorry (I’ll putting protest for that crash if you can do that) and also to carnage I spun the tyres in frustration for getting black flagged for speeding on pit road.
No worries Murph but for gods sake make sure you do your frustration releasing out of the way of others. I turn to avoid you and get black flagged and then the race went to crap!

Thanks to Tyhoon and chequers for the drafting, beats being hung out to dry

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed May 03, 2006 11:41 pm

While is was a little disgusted with some of the DUDs driving, Getting dropped sucks q-

Almost forgot........ The Rookie race was Great. That was a LOT of fun. Thanks for that guys.

And yes........ I whinge like a Biatche........ Fully aware of it :D
"Run Yasmine Run"

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 pm

Very happy with my first ever top-20 finish at Daytona (previous best was 22nd in Season 5). Big thanks to Prom for being a solid drafting partner over the last couple of stints.

For our first race, Redline didn't do too badly, could have been a lot worse.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 03, 2006 11:59 pm

Well Done Monsters for first outing, especially Maniak and Danman placing well, and Rob in top three for a stint. Great moment when 3 outta 4 were together in a train with Duds in tow, before I got "Googled" :D

All in all promising start to season, personally mostly happy to drag myself back up 15 positions from early incident, thanks heaps to Murphy for good drafting and pitting, we had a good little train going there for quite awhile.

GO MONSTERS _b _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu May 04, 2006 12:10 am

two 3rds at Daytona in a row _b Very good to see all 4 Roadrunners qualify in the top 7. Everything was going to plan for team Roadrunner heading into the first pitstop but that is where it all turned to custard :Puke: We will learn from that and do better next week ;)

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu May 04, 2006 12:43 am

Sulley wrote:Great moment when 3 outta 4 were together in a train with Duds in tow, before I got "Googled" :D
Sorry Sulley for the Googleling ':spin:'. Draft was running fine until a big slow up in 3. Will give more room in the future

Ian

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu May 04, 2006 12:54 am

Lancealot wrote:To everyone whose race I ruined after my pathetic pit exit mid race, my unreserved and most humble apologies.
What can one say ? . . . "Shit happens". :D

I was really surprised to Qualify so high.

Was running 3rd after the first pit stop . . . it's great fun running so close with guys you can trust . . . everyone just content to hold position, and " Keep On Truckin' "

Then got involved with your big lose and went from 3rd to 20th . . . and never got much higher after that.

Was annoyed at the time as I'm not used to running in the top end, but . . . . in the end . . . it's only a game . . . no need to beat yourself up about it . . . as long as you learned something from the mistake. _b

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 04, 2006 6:08 am

Ian wrote:
Sulley wrote:Great moment when 3 outta 4 were together in a train with Duds in tow, before I got "Googled" :D
Sorry Sulley for the Googleling ':spin:'. Draft was running fine until a big slow up in 3. Will give more room in the future

Ian
No worries mate, was one of those things I suspect, was leading a pack of cars, heard the horror :D unfold, came up on cloud of smoke and trucks in all directions, most of which were near bottom of track or going that way, slowed but then one Google was going up the track not down, I was committed to high line by then and well the rest is history.

!@#$% happens mate.

The earlier incident with a launch in the rear end by a bright green car was more annoying, however clawed my way back up the field from 3rd to last, so otherall was reasonable happy. At least in later accident I didn't lose a dozen or more places.

I will review the tape in both cases, mainly in the interests of seeing what happened, for mainly educational purposes I suspect. _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu May 04, 2006 7:16 am

Typhoon wrote:

And then after that you used every moment to ding other people,
what ever.....
even commenting in Teamspeak you were intensionally blocking Drivers a lap up from pitting.
Also if Mattly wanted to pit all he had to do was back off. I was holding my inside line.
intensionally blocking Drivers
hmmm... who else did a block? it was one driver (mattly) and it was more holding my ground than blocking.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu May 04, 2006 8:49 am

Wow and i was worried about me being a rookie and causing problems for you guys ;)
Admire the fur

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu May 04, 2006 9:07 am

Exactly !

The practice stuff I saw you do, you should be fine to race in the main league - however, the rules are the rules. I think you need to work a bit more on drafting, rather than racing. Follow the car in front for lap after lap, and if you can get it together in a straight line, you'll go faster overall than cars wandering over the track. Pick a line and stick to it, esp on such a great track like Daytona, driving high around the corners 3 wide is a lot of fun.

Most interesting memory - sliding down the entire back straight on my roof :rolleyes:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Thu May 04, 2006 10:29 am

Cheers Prom!

The rookie season will go fast and I'll enhance my skills while in the process. Then (hopefully) I'll be turning laps for team FUBAR in season 9 _b

Does anyone have a replay or clip showing how good driving should be done? Also, a good example of what is BAD driving. This way i can see what is acceptable and what isn't.
Admire the fur

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu May 04, 2006 10:33 am

Sasquatch wrote:Cheers Prom!

The rookie season will go fast and I'll enhance my skills while in the process. Then (hopefully) I'll be turning laps for team FUBAR in season 9 _b

Does anyone have a replay or clip showing how good driving should be done? Also, a good example of what is BAD driving. This way i can see what is acceptable and what isn't.
You should get both from the replay I just posted :)

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu May 04, 2006 10:45 am

Sulley wrote:All in all promising start to season, personally mostly happy to drag myself back up 15 positions from early incident, thanks heaps to Murphy for good drafting and pitting, we had a good little train going there for quite awhile.
yer we were catching peps every stint

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu May 04, 2006 11:21 am

Well an interesting race to staart the season.

Plenty of dings for Proms vid, more than what was in the whole of last season. Congrats to Bazzil for the win, and hard luck to the other DuDs that went pop.

MiKool - way to ruin a good draft while being a lap down. Probably cost yourself a few extra places slowing us all down.

Well done to Big Al for avoiding the dings with me, and making it interesting right down to the line.

Roll on next week
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu May 04, 2006 11:24 am

mikool wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

And then after that you used every moment to ding other people,
what ever.....
even commenting in Teamspeak you were intensionally blocking Drivers a lap up from pitting.
Also if Mattly wanted to pit all he had to do was back off. I was holding my inside line.
intensionally blocking Drivers
hmmm... who else did a block? it was one driver (mattly) and it was more holding my ground than blocking.
Change your story now, your said the words "Blocked" and considering you were a Lap Down. All I did was move back onto the racing line Mikool, which I was quite entitled to do.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu May 04, 2006 11:26 am

Viking wrote:MiKool - way to ruin a good draft while being a lap down. Probably cost yourself a few extra places slowing us all down.
Bang on Viking, instead of Mikool trying to make us all go faster so we all make up places, he was more interested in passing cars that were an entire Lap up, and intensionally taking out 4th Place.

Don't worry Viking, one day Mikool may learn how to drive.