NZNL Season 8 - Race 7 - Piggzport SuperSpeedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:26 pm

LOL that's the fastest I've ever seen a thread grow, it almost tops our gameplanet thread length at crack our faces off at each other after the race ;p

I think calling 9 engines letting out the fatal puff of smoke 'random' is very similar to this: :flypig:

I also think that the game remembering 'engine stress' from praccy to race is a complete load of :shut: , I, et al. have stressed the engine much before races (in fact at Piggzport I was caught making doughnuts at the end of the tunnel =]) and I went on to race and had no engine trouble what soever.
I have had engines blow up before where I had previously not stressed the engine in practice sessions.

All the talk about 'drivers could have done something about it', 'that's just the random factor in the game', is just all porkie pies :flypig:

It was obvious the setup revved too high in drafts (and that's not taking into account what the grill tape was set at) but it's fairly clear that the setup was part of the cause of the engine blow ups, we have raced here before with few or no engine blowups.

Whether the points count or not, those that got high places in the race still have an achievement - 1st or 2nd place in any race is tip top.

For everyone that had a good bit of luck in that race, or raced well and got a good place, there was someone else who had a shitter of a race. Lets not forget the 9 cars that went pop improved the finishing positions of alot of the drivers who's engines didn't go pop.

The only people I'd expect to be heavily against canning points are the likes of Skuz and Prom and the other few that finished in those first group of places and did not gain anything out of other cars' engines going pop.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:11 am

BAZZIL wrote: I think calling 9 engines letting out the fatal puff of smoke 'random' is very similar to this: :flypig:
Wrong. So very wrong. Of course it was random. If it weren't random we would have all popped wouldn't we.
BAZZIL wrote: I also think that the game remembering 'engine stress' from praccy to race is a complete load of :shut: , I, et al. have stressed the engine much before races (in fact at Piggzport I was caught making doughnuts at the end of the tunnel =]) and I went on to race and had no engine trouble what soever.
I have had engines blow up before where I had previously not stressed the engine in practice sessions.
Which only further proves it was random failures. It may not live up to your interpretation of random (i.e. random so long as no more than three cars pop) but it's still random.
BAZZIL wrote:
All the talk about 'drivers could have done something about it', 'that's just the random factor in the game', is just all porkie pies :flypig:
And if you'd bothered to read the thread fully you'd see that we already dispelled this theory early yesterday evening.
BAZZIL wrote:
It was obvious the setup revved too high in drafts (and that's not taking into account what the grill tape was set at) but it's fairly clear that the setup was part of the cause of the engine blow ups, we have raced here before with few or no engine blowups.
Yes of course it was the setups fault...that's why all our engines popped isn't it. So obvious. I'm fully prepared to accept the setup had something to do with the engine failures...but in the end the failures were still all completely random.
BAZZIL wrote:
Whether the points count or not, those that got high places in the race still have an achievement - 1st or 2nd place in any race is tip top.
And that's the biggest load of wishy washy nancy boy Labour voting dribble yet. If the race doesn't count then nothing was acheived other than wasting an entire evening and getting a sore ass. We're here to win. All of us. Even those us that have little or no hope (like me). If we weren't here to win then us DuDs wouldn't have gotten so hot under the collar at the thought of Voda taking our precious championship off us right?
BAZZIL wrote: For everyone that had a good bit of luck in that race, or raced well and got a good place, there was someone else who had a shitter of a race. Lets not forget the 9 cars that went pop improved the finishing positions of alot of the drivers who's engines didn't go pop.
Yeah, and usually the person that has a shitter is me.
Don't make me destroy you.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:13 am

Actually to tell the truth I really don't care anymore. Take the points and trash the race. It's all so tainted now I don't want the fricken things anyway.

Hows that for a tantrum? :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:03 am

so skuzz, why don't you explain to me why we have never EVER had another nascar race where more than 5 engines went pop?
random my ass.

there will have been other factors taken into account as to why not everyone went pop but generaly speaking, It's complete bollocks to say that 9 cars going pop in one race was 100% random there may have been some amount of the random bengine blow up factor in there, but no way was it completely random.

;p
Boom Boom !

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:09 am

LOL are you two aware you are in the same team? :larf:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:12 am

BAZZIL wrote:so skuzz, why don't you explain to me why we have never EVER had another nascar race where more than 5 engines went pop?
random my ass.

there will have been other factors taken into account as to why not everyone went pop but generaly speaking, It's complete bollocks to say that 9 cars going pop in one race was 100% random there may have been some amount of the random bengine blow up factor in there, but no way was it completely random.

;p
Yes and I've already said that I accept the fact the setup had something to do with the failures. But that doesn't change the random way in which the engine failures were dished out.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:13 am

Mattly wrote:LOL are you two aware you are in the same team? :larf:
Not for much longer at this rate.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:30 am

;p
Boom Boom !

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:43 am

Cross over to theDark side and become the 5th memeber of bloody SimTV _b

All in all, this weeks' race is just going to leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth - if the results are discarded, or if the results remain. And will become just part of the controversial history that we have with online racing.
YouTube videos

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:46 am

Riven wrote:
wide load wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote:Put yer calculator away mate, I'm suggesting that perhaps those that had engines blow inadvertantly drove their cars too hard. Surely you can see that this is a distinct possibility?
Wraith's engine blew on lap 7. That is hardly driving your car to hard for it to last only 7 laps.
It remembers the damage done to the engine during practise and qual.. so that engine was not only 7 laps old.
Where is the actual physical proof that the game carries over any damage done to the Engine in Practice? Or are you just speculating?

During Practice I was doing burnouts, going off the Jump, Taking Happy out several times, while also looking for Mikool. Just having a lot of fun without getting in the way of other drivers, and I finished the Race.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:56 am

Reveal your inner self Skuzz, come back from the Dark Side and make peace with yourself.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:09 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Mattly wrote:LOL are you two aware you are in the same team? :larf:
Not for much longer at this rate.

Step back and take a deep Breath young padawan learner.......
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:25 am

*****This is not an official statement - just an if...*****

I'm afraid the points will not be scored for the last race Skuzz!

Skuzz replies....
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:29 am

Inspector wrote:*****This is not an official statement - just an if...*****

Skuzz replies....
Hey, like I said, I don't care anymore I don't want these tarnished points. I've said my piece...you'e all wrong, I'm right and bugger the lot of you.

:D

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:45 am

Typhoon wrote:
Riven wrote:
wide load wrote: Wraith's engine blew on lap 7. That is hardly driving your car to hard for it to last only 7 laps.
It remembers the damage done to the engine during practise and qual.. so that engine was not only 7 laps old.
Where is the actual physical proof that the game carries over any damage done to the Engine in Practice? Or are you just speculating?

During Practice I was doing burnouts, going off the Jump, Taking Happy out several times, while also looking for Mikool. Just having a lot of fun without getting in the way of other drivers, and I finished the Race.
Well there was a particular race that had the 3rd gear hax qual, and a few more than the average number of engines went pop in that race, for those the popped their engines at the end of qual they were fine.

It's also been mentioned before that the strength of the engine is somewhat random.. sometimes it'll takes ages to make it pop, other times you just look at it funny and she goes bang.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:04 pm

So there is a possibilty that Qual engine wear is carried across to the race but based upon what a lot of people are saying about what they have been doing during the practice sessions it is unlikely that the practice time over revving etc carries through.

Bold, Murphy and I were all in the top 8 and therefore did not qualify but we all blew our engines. It is not conclusive but more and more I think that driver input or lack of it is NOT to blame here. The setup put pressure on all of the feild but the game took over as it does with the other random failures and decided who would get the engine blow and who wouldn't.

Bazz, Happy, Bold and myself are getting together for a few games this weekend (anyone else interested? - might also crank up some PCC over the weekend) and we will be testing Nascar 2002 Season for suitability to use on Monday nights for the Nascar Stockcar League. It is my opinion (from memory) that the damage model is much better and more consistant than it is in the 2003 version and we will test it to see if I'm right or not. If this is the case I wonder if the random engine blows will also be more consistant in that version. Obviously the physics and graphics in 2003 is much better than the old version so I wouldn't be advocating a change backwards but it will be interesting to see the comparrison.
Inspector

---

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:20 pm

This just needs to be done to this thread... :D :stir:

To add something constructive:

I was under the belief that Practice & Warmup don't count for damage accumulated, but Qual does add to the Race damage tally.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:15 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Inspector wrote:*****This is not an official statement - just an if...*****

Skuzz replies....
Hey, like I said, I don't care anymore I don't want these tarnished points. I've said my piece...you'e all wrong, I'm right and bugger the lot of you.

:D
Skuzz I totally agree with whatever you say. _b _b _b
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:10 pm

Anyone see me sitting on the infeild at the end of practise?
Any one here me ask if you could blow a motor in praccy?

I binned my motor at the end of practice and it took quite some doing. Reason? I had been hitting the red line very hard due to the short gear ratio and was not going to have a motor go pop during the race.

did my motor go pop, NO!

Was any of this random, No.

Should we rerun........Do what you want, I care not :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:09 pm

Well for the record, I pop my motor after every qualifying. So when I start I always have a new motor. This has worked well in that 8 seasons of Nascar, I've had 1 pop - Indi a couple of weeks ago. Which let me believe that pop was the random one given from time to time if the planets are in alignment, etc....
YouTube videos

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:09 pm

UnbounD wrote:Anyone see me sitting on the infeild at the end of practise?
Any one here me ask if you could blow a motor in praccy?

I binned my motor at the end of practice and it took quite some doing. Reason? I had been hitting the red line very hard due to the short gear ratio and was not going to have a motor go pop during the race.

did my motor go pop, NO!

Was any of this random, No.

Should we rerun........Do what you want, I care not :)
I was thinking of asking you, but then I decided to make a coffee instead. ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:22 pm

Tacitos!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Danman

Post by Danman » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:10 pm

How about as a compromise letting the points stand and adding 1 more race to the season?

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Bloody Fence sitters :cute:

That was an option I had not thought about........ Now I care, lets not do that, either drop the points and run it again, leave it as run or poke Mattly with a stick _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:12 am

UnbounD wrote:or poke Mattly with a stick _b
I think this is the best option :D