GTL - Round 1 Practise (Starts Today - Sunday 4th)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:08 am

Still racing on public inspire server just incase there any other night owls out there who might be reading this :p
Halo Racing

Quick_Stick

Post by Quick_Stick » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:14 am

Just a few questions for ya...

How many laps?

Is it going to be a pain if im not on teamspeak? ordered a headset yesterday, but of course its not going to be here in time for the race.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:20 am

Quick_Stick wrote:Just a few questions for ya...

How many laps?

Is it going to be a pain if im not on teamspeak? ordered a headset yesterday, but of course its not going to be here in time for the race.
Races are 20mins, so number of laps will be different for each track.

It is best to be on teamspeak, even if only to listen, so you can at least hear whats going on, and also receive the friendly abuse that may be direct at you ;) Then next week, you'll be able to dish it back again :)

Quick_Stick

Post by Quick_Stick » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:36 am

Riven wrote:
Quick_Stick wrote:Just a few questions for ya...

How many laps?

Races are 20mins, so number of laps will be different for each track.

It is best to be on teamspeak, even if only to listen, so you can at least hear whats going on, and also receive the friendly abuse that may be direct at you ;) Then next week, you'll be able to dish it back again :)
Sorry n00b here again... :crazy:
Installed TeamSpeak RC2,
but cant connect to server?
what IP address is it - 203.114.130.17 or 203.114.130.11 or is the server down at the mo?
Thanks for the patience

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:49 am

just use the address teamspeak.inspire.net.nz

Quick_Stick

Post by Quick_Stick » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:12 pm

loose_unit wrote:just use the address teamspeak.inspire.net.nz
Wow, just like that, cheers loose_unit !

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Jun 04, 2006 3:49 pm

Updated first post

Can those that do not have a car selected, please do so before 8pm

Danman

Post by Danman » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:13 pm

I'll go with the cortina, but I wont be racing tonight - trying to shake off a cold q-

shanedawgg

Post by shanedawgg » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:25 pm

Hey lads,

I kept on crashing (prob my vid card) and wasnt able to stay on for more 15min.

Sorry if my crashes inconvenienced anyone. Il fix the prob and be back next race :)

Regards,
Shane

Mario-C

Post by Mario-C » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:49 pm

:D wow what awesome racing cheers guys shot Riven

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:54 pm

Excellent fun :D cheers guys
Halo Racing

Heppy

Post by Heppy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Very, Very good. Except when I crashed into a stationary mini O_o at full speed :eek: , head on. Wow those minis are tough. Was Sasquatch I think, sorry matey.

Thought to myself, no one would park there car dead smack in the middle of the road, so they must have lost connection.......I'll just drive right through him............boy was I wrong.

Well done riven, too fast, too consistent, too much bloody horsepower :eek:

famin

Post by famin » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:05 pm

yeah horsepower definitely counted on that track ... didnt it Jack... Inspector..??? :D

We had at least half the race together and Id have a damn alfa or cortina all over me around T2 and then just B L A S T past them down the straight!!! I waved every time I went past just to be nice too....

I was wondering if the old falcon would last the distance tyre wise but Inspector tagged jack finally and they both dropped away.... whew...

Couldve thrown the proverbial blanket over us for much of the race.

If I hadve chosen a lesser powered car I wouldve been eaten alive but as it was... you cant beat cubic inches!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:10 pm

First post updated with results links. Replays to follow in the sticky thread.

superdd

GTL Season2 race 1

Post by superdd » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Excellent racing, team!
I can see I'll have to practice practice practice!!
Had a great view of yeeharr trying to pole vault his Alfa on the start finish straight - wish I'd got a screenshot - was too busy trying to avoid him ;)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:27 am

Heppy wrote:Very, Very good. Except when I crashed into a stationary mini O_o at full speed :eek: , head on. Wow those minis are tough. Was Sasquatch I think, sorry matey.

Thought to myself, no one would park there car dead smack in the middle of the road, so they must have lost connection.......I'll just drive right through him............boy was I wrong.

Well done riven, too fast, too consistent, too much bloody horsepower :eek:
Yup it was me :( What happened was there was 3 -4 car pile up in front of me and I T-Boned one of them at full snot. At that precise second of impact my frame rate went down to 1 fps... I called out on TS to warn everyone i was parked in the middle of the road and i couldn't move. Then you came along a few moments later and found me unexpectedly 'stopped' in the middle of the track. When you hit me it sorted out my frame rate but you ripped off one of my wheels (i think) and i limped the mini around the track in 2nd gear and pitted. Finished the race 5 lapse down but still finished the race :D

2nd race was great even though i got a stop/go for cutting the track. I started off at the back of the pack but after 5-6 laps (i think) managed to get into 6th position behind inspector. I followed him around for a while and try as I may i couldn't catch him in his zippy grand dad wagon ;) He pulled away from me as i was bashing the dash board of my stang crying out 'god damned fords!' ;p

Good racing to all and well down to thoughs who got onto the podium _b
Admire the fur

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:51 pm

Inspector

---

famin

Post by famin » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:18 pm

Inspector wrote:Swatting Cortina's with your Falcon..............
as you do...

especially when you on the edge in power oversteer and chasing Jack.

How about posting the clip where you took out the alfa for me finally Inspector? That was sooo funny.... :)
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:36 pm

famin wrote:
especially when you on the edge in power oversteer and chasing Jack.

How about posting the clip where you took out the alfa for me finally Inspector? That was sooo funny.... :)

At least I apolgised for my mistake, stopped and waited for him to get in front of me again.

Driving on the edge will always mean racing incidents, there were plenty of them last night and that is fine, but you attack me, almost turning me round when you had heaps of room to pass without touching, then come completely across the widest part of the track and hit me again almost taking me out and not a word of sorry even after the race or in the forum which lead me to believe you might have done it on purpose, not that you haver done anything like that before I guess........
Inspector

---

YeeHarr

Re: GTL Season2 race 1

Post by YeeHarr » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:50 pm

superdd wrote: Had a great view of yeeharr trying to pole vault his Alfa on the start finish straight - wish I'd got a screenshot - was too busy trying to avoid him ;)
Yep. That was some good air. Amazing the super tough alfa drove OK after that. But I did lose a lot of grip at the end of the race. Presumably just normal tyre wear.

I should have just backed off - I didn't expect that car in front of me to fly the way it did when he hit the wall and then I hit his flying car methinks. The replay is funny to watch. I pass under his car and then fly.

And I can't believe I missed the start of the Mini race! I was expecting the warmup session. Doh.

It was still fun though. One day I'll get a mike properly setup on teamspeak. Shame it doesn't have that nice testing mode ventrilio has.

loose_unit

Post by loose_unit » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:54 pm

YeeHarr wrote:It was still fun though. One day I'll get a mike properly setup on teamspeak. Shame it doesn't have that nice testing mode ventrilio has.
Just click "Settings" then "Sound Input/Output Settings" and Viola! you have your test mode :)

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:30 pm

YeeHarr wrote:
superdd wrote: Had a great view of yeeharr trying to pole vault his Alfa on the start finish straight - wish I'd got a screenshot - was too busy trying to avoid him ;)
Yep. That was some good air. Amazing the super tough alfa drove OK after that. But I did lose a lot of grip at the end of the race. Presumably just normal tyre wear.

I should have just backed off - I didn't expect that car in front of me to fly the way it did when he hit the wall and then I hit his flying car methinks. The replay is funny to watch. I pass under his car and then fly.

And I can't believe I missed the start of the Mini race! I was expecting the warmup session. Doh.

It was still fun though. One day I'll get a mike properly setup on teamspeak. Shame it doesn't have that nice testing mode ventrilio has.
I almost crashed myself while watching in the mirror and laughing :D
Admire the fur

Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:41 pm

hahah yeah mario and myself watched the replays on monday... carnage, I'm fairly sure I managed to drive under a flying car at the start of the main straight also (and just about crapped myself when it happened during the race :p)
Halo Racing

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:58 pm

Scrunty wrote:hahah I managed to drive under a flying car at the start of the main straight also
Well, at least you don't have far to duck Scrunty ;)
Scrunty wrote: (and just about crapped myself when it happened during the race :p)
Here's some new :undies: :undies: :undies: :undies: :undies: :undies:
to get you through the round in case you have an accident :larf:
Admire the fur