Trans Tasman Race - Post Race Comments

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:16 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Cricket...thats an insect right?

Seriously though, I have the chance to watch it every once in awhile, but since I don't understand it, it has never interested me.

Can someone either explain it to me or point me in the direction to learn, so I understand it?
Odie, I was gonna post a quick run down of cricket but the more I thought about it the harder it got to explain. Suffice to say, it's pretty similar to baseball. The team who scores the most runs at the end of their innings wins.

That team is usually Australia.

:mad:
Don't make me destroy you.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:49 am

Ahahaha. Omg. I hadn't looked at the replay yet. I didn't realise it was that bad :o

Still if you restarted everytime half the field got taken out in the first few laps you'd never get anywhere. I'd concentrate on smacking the guys that started it upside the head :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:21 am

ya restarts are a bad idea, cause you then get the case of when do you have a restart and people cause wrecks to get one.

crashes are simple, you see smoke you back off, and thats everyone backs off.

that movie showed one clear thing, kiwis and dingos still going flat out into the wreck.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:51 am

hahhaha wicked ! :P that's the best looking ding i've seen.

I thought the cars behind started to backoff slightly , but with so many cars behind you, it's difficult to know how much to back off, if you back off too much you can get hit from behind, they have the same problem in the nextel cup ;> heh.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

chronic

Post by chronic » Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:59 am

Like most big prangs on superspeedways though that one happened real quick, I wasn't that far behind so I saw it happening but had to react very quickly to avoid it.

I figure some of the guys behind me wouldn't have had much of a chance to slow down before they piled into it.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:10 am

Does the server override my local view settings? i.e The number of cars I can see ahead of me at any one time?
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:54 am

OK, 1st look at the replay for me and how I'm going to turn this into a Ben Hur production.

Man there were a lot of trucks on the track !

My plan looks like I'm going to grab at 800x600, and render the final mix at 720x576 for DVD distribution, then re-render at 640x480 for web download.

But this'll take a little time guys, due to current work committments.

Bah.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:26 pm

man thats some carnage, bloody dodgy aussie driver :D
Wah Wah Wah

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:54 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Does the server override my local view settings? i.e The number of cars I can see ahead of me at any one time?
Yes, but not your actual graphical setting. The server only sends the data for a certain number of cars, which i think is about 10 ahead and 4 behind. So your graphic engine cant draw what it doesnt know about :)

This unfortunatley in a massive pileup like what we had inthe test match results in cars suddenly appearing infront of you as yo try to pick a way through the wreck.

I can tell the server to send out more information, but that increases the data throughput that everyone needs to be able to receive, which puts a strain on some connections. If we restricted the leagues/races to 256kbit or better, and with latency kicker enabled ont he server, we could happily run more cars visable, but I dont think that'd go down very well with our drivers.

Post by Guest » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:16 pm

but I dont think that'd go down very well with our drivers.
or the aussies