COMMITTEE DECISION NZNL QUALIFYING

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Big Al

COMMITTEE DECISION NZNL QUALIFYING

Post by Big Al » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:40 pm

In recent times comments have been made regarding "dubious" qualifying times. The committee has decided that at predetermind tracks the top 3 qualifiers will be required to submit their qualifying replays. Failure to do so may incur a 10 point penalty along with the top qualifier not receiving the bonus 5 points.

When this rule is to be enforced it will be made clear in the appropriate race thread along with guidelines of what is an acceptable line and what is not.

Also note that dependant on further discussion the replays may be posted in the forum for the benefit of all drivers.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:22 pm

So at the end of qual the top three have too save their replay? or is that at the end?

I personally have no issues with this, as long as we are told explicity where we can and can not drive, particularly on a track like piggsnott where one can drive all over it and things are not very clear.

Ta

And whos times have been dubious? Its not the top 3 that look dubious to me its from 5th to 10th that look dodge ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:44 pm

Frankly i think the entire DuD Team could be viewed as "dubious". :cool:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:51 pm

When this rule is to be enforced it will be made clear in the appropriate race thread
If you're trying to catch out dubious/illegal qualifying lines, letting people know which races they can & can't behave in isn't going to work.
I would suggest to the committee that they predetermine which races they're giong to sample, but that information not be released to the drivers.

This will mean that drivers have to behave at *every* race for fear of being caught using dubious lines.

:)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:10 pm

Dont muck about, if youre going to enforce a rule, enforce it for all rounds I.E.

The top 3 drivers will make their qual lap available in every round, wether you request to see them is up to you!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Maniak

Post by Maniak » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:28 pm

UnbounD wrote:Dont muck about, if youre going to enforce a rule, enforce it for all rounds I.E.

The top 3 drivers will make their qual lap available in every round, wether you request to see them is up to you!
_b :iagree:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:34 pm

The thing is examining replays takes up time and the committee only wants to do it when nessecary, and this is generaly at superspeedway tracks with large apron areas which could be cut to reduce the lap time.

There are tracks which you just cannot get a better time by chopping the apron, in this case it would be pointless having replays submited.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:54 pm

BAZZIL wrote:The thing is examining replays takes up time and the committee only wants to do it when nessecary, and this is generaly at superspeedway tracks with large apron areas which could be cut to reduce the lap time.

There are tracks which you just cannot get a better time by chopping the apron, in this case it would be pointless having replays submited.
Read my post agin :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:05 pm

UnbounD wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:The thing is examining replays takes up time and the committee only wants to do it when nessecary, and this is generaly at superspeedway tracks with large apron areas which could be cut to reduce the lap time.

you know I can't read ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:36 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
UnbounD wrote:

you know I can't read ;p
But you shure cant write ;p
"Run Yasmine Run"

bcingu

Re: COMMITTEE DECISION NZNL QUALIFYING

Post by bcingu » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:50 am

Big Al wrote:In recent times comments have been made regarding "dubious" qualifying times. The committee has decided that at predetermind tracks the top 3 qualifiers will be required to submit their qualifying replays.
I'll take that personally then !!!

Thou I do think it's a good idea (especially if it's for every track and anyone can look at it), if only for the same reason that I am happy to do my qualifying guide. Anything that helps other drivers get around the track better has got to be good for everyone.

Also it might mean that the garbage that sometimes gets talked on TS about how X or Y must be doing something dodgy to get the time they've got, will be replaced by rubbish about some other subject.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:17 pm

No one should take this rule or any other for that matter as a personal attack, let me claify my post by when i said "recent" i was referring to the last 2-3 seasons not the last couple of races.

The option of submitting qualify replays has been mentioned both in the forums and teamspeak previously and the fact the committee has now decided to implement this should not come as any great surprise.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:32 pm

Look who really cares about this.
It's not like to top 3 guys ever end up winning the race anyway.

Why not find something better to do with your time :>
Wah Wah Wah

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:14 pm

bcingu wrote: I'll take that personally then !!!

Well you shouldn't, it is NOT you that this is aimed at. You have proven time and time again you are a good qualifier, especially on tracks that as Bazz has mentioned it would be of no advantage to cut the track etc.

There are tracks that cutting the corners would be of some advantage and these are the ones we will be targetting. Well will simply ask prior to the race that the 3 top qualifiers submit their replay to the committee and will give instructions on how to do so, a small inconvenience for the overall good of the league.

In answer to a few points made:

We do not want to inconvenience anyone or make life difficult for the drivers so we will not be asking for replays from every track. There is, and will be in future leagues, tracks that people can cut corners on during qualifying and this is called CHEATING. We have no way of proving that people are CHEATING unless we ask for a replay.
It is pointed out that people who qualify well often don't win, but in answer to that, they may be stealing a position from someone who could have qualified in the front and taken that advantage to a win. By qualifying where they shouldn't they have pushed someone who could have qualified in front of them to a mid feild position where they are more liable to end up a victim of an early race crash.

Remember also this is not neccassarily aimed at the top 3 qualifiers. This is aimed at all drivers. If drivers are CHEATING and gaining 4th, 5th or 6th for example when they should really be back in 18th, 19th or 20th they are creating the same situation of pushing good drivers who have qualified fairly to the back of the pack. So we hope that this rule will give these people second thought. If they CHEAT and finish in the top 3 (and they do not know this before starting their qualify run) they will not get away with it.

Once again the committee does not wish to make life difficult for the drivers but we must consider all options that will be for the good of "ALL" drivers. If this rule stops one or two drivers from taking an unfair advantage over their fellow competitors then it is worth the effort and the flak from you to introduce it.
Inspector

---

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:32 pm

bcingu wrote:Also it might mean that the garbage that sometimes gets talked on TS about how X or Y must be doing something dodgy to get the time they've got, will be replaced by rubbish about some other subject.

hehehe

Ring any bells....?

:fence:

not aimed at you bcingu
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:37 pm

90% of the wahing about qual's is people joking, the other 10% is people that don't get enough practise/can't drive :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:01 pm

All for it _b It's an easy way to keep everyone happy, I know myself I've watched people cut corners in the practice wondering if they will do it during the qualifying. I'm not saying they do, but this way everyone stays happy campers so we can focus on moaning about the Duds.
Wraith

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:22 pm

Wraith wrote:All for it _b It's an easy way to keep everyone happy, I know myself I've watched people cut corners in the practice wondering if they will do it during the qualifying. I'm not saying they do, but this way everyone stays happy campers so we can focus on moaning about the Duds.
Bloody oath. I drive all over the track in praccy. Might as well learn as much of the pavement as possible. I know full well that should I attempt to pass Mattly he will push me down below the pole line, so I might as well lesson the impact of any suprises.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:27 pm

UnbounD wrote:
Bloody oath.cI know full well that should I attempt to pass Mattly he will push me down below the pole line, so I might as well lesson the impact of any suprises.
O_o It's quite clear from this comment that you have developed some strong racecraft skills Unbound. If only more drivers would realise this, we would all be better off!

:mattly:
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:37 pm

Sorry bud, just using you as an example, did I forget the obligitory smily............. :happy:

Better now? ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:40 pm

bcingu wrote:
I'll take that personally then !!!
Yes, Imagine how I feel, I get a win then 3 top 3 quals........ I must be doing something dodgy O_o

(Thanks for the email Bazz ;p )
"Run Yasmine Run"