NZNL CTS Stock Cars - Race 4 - Dover

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

NZNL CTS Stock Cars - Race 4 - Dover

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:13 pm

That's right chaps, tonights smash up is at Dover
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

painkiller

Post by painkiller » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:18 pm

got something blue and nasty ready for tonight ;)

Viking

Post by Viking » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:38 pm

I think we got shat on again Blue - Maybe our cars should have been painted brown :rolleyes:
"Ooooh, Can someone please, remove these, cutleries, from my knees" - fotc
"All those who hate speeding tickets, raise your right foot"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:42 am

Waste of time for me in those last 2 races...pop goes me engine :eek:
Wah Wah Wah

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:05 am

Snake Rogers wrote:Waste of time for me in those last 2 races...pop goes me engine :eek:
Don't fret young Snakey Todgers, I would have nailed you to the wall soon enough anyway.

:cool:
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:30 am

Some great blocking from Wonder Stevie and Skuzz in race 2 summed up the night for the Orange team. Our handbags were certainly loaded with bricks last night and Blue team felt the impact for sure.

Bazz, Happy and I did some testing over the weekend and Nascar 2002 Season will definitely be the go for the next Nascar Stockcar League. The damage model is so much better than 2003 and car engines take quite a few hits before going pop. Tyres blow, sometimes 2 at a time and cars lean to one side as they limp back to the pits for repairs and new tyres. Some of the cars were so smashed up they looked like they didn't have one single straight panel and still they battled on. I think it will be heaps more fun using this version, mostly because you don't get knocked out with single hit.........unless it's a big one of course :)

We will sort out the details at the end of this season and any "required files" will be made available for people signing up. We will advertise the next league a bit better and try and get some more people interested.
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:37 am

Inspector wrote:Some great blocking from Wonder Stevie and Skuzz in race 2 summed up the night for the Orange team. Our handbags were certainly loaded with bricks last night and Blue team felt the impact for sure.

Bazz, Happy and I did some testing over the weekend and Nascar 2002 Season will definitely be the go for the next Nascar Stockcar League. The damage model is so much better than 2003 and car engines take quite a few hits before going pop. Tyres blow, sometimes 2 at a time and cars lean to one side as they limp back to the pits for repairs and new tyres. Some of the cars were so smashed up they looked like they didn't have one single straight panel and still they battled on. I think it will be heaps more fun using this version, mostly because you don't get knocked out with single hit.........unless it's a big one of course :)

We will sort out the details at the end of this season and any "required files" will be made available for people signing up. We will advertise the next league a bit better and try and get some more people interested.
The main reason they ditched that awesome damage model was because it had such a huge performance hit....course, our PC's have moved on considerably since back then. Any signs of slow down when there were lot's of cars piling into each other or trundling around with lots of damage?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:03 pm

I did a single player with 35 AI cars and at times it was almost unplayable. The 3 of us did a multiplayer with 15 AI cars (total 18 cars) and there were absolutly no performance issues that I saw.

My guess is that feilds of 20 to 25 will be fine, I'll do some more testing though to confirm this. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong I'm sure, but I believe that with the single player your PC has to process everything the AI do but in multiplayer the server sends you simple text that it has recieved from each player who's own PC has done the proccessing work about it's own car and all your pc has to do is proccess that text and convert it to graphics along with sending out information about it's own car.

So I believe a multiplayer game is actually heaps easier on your PC than a single player with heaps of AI in the race.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm

we will need to test it out online properly first with enough drivers in.
we need to make sure there won't be any connection issues with the extra damage data that might be sent.
Boom Boom !

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:45 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:Waste of time for me in those last 2 races...pop goes me engine :eek:
Don't fret young Snakey Todgers, I would have nailed you to the wall soon enough anyway.

Don't worry snake I got Skuzzle a few goodies :>
Boom Boom !

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:56 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote:

Don't worry snake I got Skuzzle a few goodies :>
That you did. Although I think this may be the first time I've finished all three races with my engine intact each time.

_b

painkiller

Post by painkiller » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:22 pm

was a bit hard to see out of the winscreen when the bonnet is folded over half of it. and its covered in black\orange goo. ;)