NZNL Season 8 - Race 7 - Piggzport SuperSpeedway (Rerun)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Maniak

Post by Maniak » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:44 pm

wide load wrote:Well done Skuzz on your first win _b
Good race for the Googles after that first accident, which was pretty much the only one of the race. Gained a few points on the Monsters but not as many as we did last week. ....
Yeah, :sorry: about the hit into the googles (and the mess it caused) - I blinked at the wrong time and suddenly it felt like the train had stopped, only I hadn't...... :mad:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:45 pm

UnbounD wrote:Also, I dont know how many laps you did 2 wide, but it was pretty freakin uncomfortable!

But ohh so much fun ;)
Yes she's no game of Tiddly winks :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:52 pm

BAZZIL wrote:
UnbounD wrote:
Sulley wrote:

Probably wasting my breath but how bout if your in a train of say 4 or 6 trucks, and as a train you are passing another group, how bout the front guys not shaft the back of the draft by dropping only when their teammates are clear.

Maybe just par for the course or expected/accepted style whatever, but likely result, no-one will draft with you in passing manouvers like that in future.
Yeah I heard you complain about that, but if you were in our shoes, you would have done the same>:
Yes the question is do you stay high and hope you stay fast enough so the rest of the train can get thru, or do you take the hit and get your team mates to move low.

Given that we have teams, you have to weigh up how much you want to help other teams / drivers in a draft, and in that situation I think alot of people would do whatever is best for the team.

Just the way racing goes really isn't it :)
Yeah well, good points , guess it comes down to whether you give a rip that the one or two left hanging helped you get to the pass and whether or not you give a monkeys, what goes around comes around I guess.

Just don't seem to be a good attittude to me but then I'm not mercenary enough I spose, which goes some way in explaining the differnce in opinion and results.

And no Unbound, in the other shoes I wouldn't naturally do that to drivers who helped me make that type of overtaking manouver.

No biggie..happy to let the big aggressive dogs fight over the bones, just gotta mind your ass otherwise you get bit

As it was we contributed well enough to our own downfall to make no neither mind so tough biks and just box on I reckon.

Onwards and upwards, big race next week, lining up three pairs of socks and maybe thermals might be in order, last race felt like we should be snowmobile racing
:D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:07 am

Well done on the win Skuzz, I knew those tips I gave you at the lan would work ;)

Damn fun race last night and i vote to re-run it again next week :D

the team that worked best together came out on top so I am pleased to see only the duds managed to finish ahead of the 2 man Roadrunners, rest of you teams should hang your head in shame :stir: :D

Kezza

Post by Kezza » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:51 am

Sulley wrote:

Yeah well, good points , guess it comes down to whether you give a rip that the one or two left hanging helped you get to the pass and whether or not you give a monkeys, what goes around comes around I guess.

Just don't seem to be a good attittude to me but then I'm not mercenary enough I spose, which goes some way in explaining the differnce in opinion and results.

And no Unbound, in the other shoes I wouldn't naturally do that to drivers who helped me make that type of overtaking manouver.

No biggie..happy to let the big aggressive dogs fight over the bones, just gotta mind your ass otherwise you get bit

As it was we contributed well enough to our own downfall to make no neither mind so tough biks and just box on I reckon.

Onwards and upwards, big race next week, lining up three pairs of socks and maybe thermals might be in order, last race felt like we should be snowmobile racing
:D
I aggree its frustrating to say the least when you help get others past a train to only be left to see yourself falling back to the end of the train. But like ya say what goes around comes around suppose.

Apart from that another good race. Not quite as good a placing but at least everyone was on even playing ground this time. Although SimTV seemed to have a problem with pit entry and them all ending on their roof :D

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:07 am

Kezza wrote: I aggree its frustrating to say the least when you help get others past a train to only be left to see yourself falling back to the end of the train. But like ya say what goes around comes around suppose.

Apart from that another good race. Not quite as good a placing but at least everyone was on even playing ground this time. Although SimTV seemed to have a problem with pit entry and them all ending on their roof :D
That statement is incorrect!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:55 am

Sigh, it was just me :rolleyes:

Tactics do play a part in this.

With the two wide racing it was a lot of fun. But at one point we were coming up on Viking ahead. As a tactic, I asked him to go high, so he could stay out of my inside line. By clearing my line he then blocked the outside cars' line.... well that's racing :D But in the end, we all went 3 wide and everyone was happy.

I really enjoyed the 2 wide racing for a while - really made it a concentration race rather than a one handed while drinking race (if I was drinking that is).
YouTube videos

Kezza

Post by Kezza » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:06 am

:stir:

May have been a slight exaggeration on my part. I felt was playing dodge the SimTV :D

2 wide was a hell of a lot of fun :)