Thoughts on League Tracks

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Mar 14, 2005 2:14 pm

If you end up running CUP cars, might I suggest that we run the Talladega and Daytona 'No Plate' versions :D

Woo Talladega 6 car train doing 212mph _b

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Those no plate tracks are pretty scary :D

Christ if we change to cup I'll have to start bloody painting again ;)

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:10 pm

anyone keen on a monday night cup league, and keeping the wednesday night truck league as well.

rookies could start in the truck league, being they have less horse power, but are a bit more twicthy.

monday night cup could run moderate damage, with some aggressive penelties for wrecking others (or not)

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:28 pm

One night is enough Oval racing for me. If i'm gonna race two days, the other will be GTR/GTP. D:

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Mattly wrote:One night is enough Oval racing for me. If i'm gonna race two days, the other will be GTR/GTP. D:
ya but whos saying you have to run both, the option is for either night or both if your an addict link inspector.

maybe the cup could be for the hard core junkies

and then theres the new stockcar mod league thats sitting in the wings, ready to go.

limbo

Post by limbo » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:13 pm

Mattly wrote:One night is enough Oval racing for me. If i'm gonna race two days, the other will be GTR/GTP. D:

TLZ is installing nascar2003 GTP mod on his server today,
(i hope)
to do some testing of the mod and server re: running a GTP league
i will post a server ip later today (evening NZ time)

Jay

Re: Thoughts on League Tracks

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:06 am

TonyG wrote: thereby ensuring what I believe will be the best chance of racing, in the true meaning of the word 
Well to me the true meaning of the word would be racing like NASCAR and not all this making it easier because we don't want to have to drive tracks. It seems that everyone just wants to run with the pedal to the floor and just hold the steering in place. Like my post in the CTS expainson thread says, keep Weds for the rookie and non drivers like it is, then make another league for another night for the hardcore drivers who want to step up to the big leagues and run cautions and damage on the real craftsman truck schedule. With something like Bold said about a 5 penality rule, if you get pentilized 5 times for causing crashes that could have been avoided you move back to the Weds league until you prove yourself again.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:40 am

Jay#224 wrote: Well to me the true meaning of the word would be racing like NASCAR and not all this making it easier because we don't want to have to drive tracks. It seems that everyone just wants to run with the pedal to the floor and just hold the steering in place.
I think you miss the point of this thread, it is not to make it easier but to make the races less like demolition derbys and more like races.

You will find that the people who win races on superspeedways and speedways generally win races on shorter tracks too.
There is an art to drafting, tracks like California, Homestead PWF etc are not pedal to the metal tracks and involve strategy on tyres and fuel to win. If you think these tracks are easy, then you obviously would be in the leading pack at each race, have you tried these new tracks?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:51 am

Yes, and tight tracks like hillside where if there is a ding and you drive up to it, you can realy only see half the cars in the ding because that is all the server will allow :)

We do need some shorter tracks still, they are still alot of fun :>, perhaps just not tracks tighter than a biscuit tin.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:44 pm

TonyG wrote:If you think these tracks are easy, then you obviously would be in the leading pack at each race, have you tried these new tracks?
I'm not saying that they are easy it's just that everyone wants to stick to these tracks and not make ourselves drive better by racing the other tracks. Practice does make perfect, if we never run these other tracks then when will we? The reason I'm not at the front is because like most people I get caught up in the dings, but I'm not trying to change tracks because of it. Crashes are part of racing just plan and simple. So I'll just look over your little stab at my ego with your remark, and remember that you probably had good intensions.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:46 pm

I do not think that changing to cup cars is a good idea......We as a group are still having trouble keeping our trucks straight and if we make the switch to cars; you have more horsepower to control. You thought we have too many dings now, wait until we drive cup cars.

And we do not need a setup that is tighter. To me there is really nothing wrong with the base set that we are using. There are faster sets out there, but they are also looser than what we are currently using.

Of course like anything else, I am willing to give it a try.
Odie

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:48 pm

Riven wrote:If you end up running CUP cars, might I suggest that we run the Talladega and Daytona 'No Plate' versions :D

Woo Talladega 6 car train doing 212mph _b
Interesting, thats the most we (We being Fly) could get out of a TPTCC car at DaytonaRC (we were just doing the oval..... love the jump).

Im up for that.
"Run Yasmine Run"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:08 pm

Jay#224 wrote: So I'll just look over your little stab at my ego with your remark, and remember that you probably had good intensions.
Sorry Jay, that wasn't really meant to be a stab at you, just that the tracks are not "easy" they do require skill, I believe if we race tracks that overall have a lower "crash" percentage (try my suggested tracks they are not all superspeedways :) ) then skills will improve and then we progress to tighter tracks.

I think you're right Odie, the more experienced drivers will revel in Cup cars but the rest will struggle and we'll probably end up with more "accidents"
:rolleyes: Let's get good at one thing before proceeding to the next level. I for one really enjoy the 34 or so driver fields, let's keep it that way _b :)

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:35 pm

TonyG wrote:
Jay#224 wrote: So I'll just look over your little stab at my ego with your remark, and remember that you probably had good intensions.
Sorry Jay, that wasn't really meant to be a stab at you, just that the tracks are not "easy" they do require skill, I believe if we race tracks that overall have a lower "crash" percentage (try my suggested tracks they are not all superspeedways :) ) then skills will improve and then we progress to tighter tracks.

No problem mate just messing with you. Thanks for voicing your opinion.