NZNL Season 8 - Lowes - Drivers Under Investigation

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Flyboy69

NZNL Season 8 - Lowes - Drivers Under Investigation

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:10 am

Angus Lap 153

Very poor car control, spinning and hitting Bold

-2 Incident Points (-50 championship points as Angus received 3 incident points last race)

Ian Lap 13

Once again poor car control, spinning and hitting Bcingu

-2 Incident points (-10 championship points)
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:48 pm

First post as been edited
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:44 pm

Man..... pick on team google!!!
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:57 pm

Actually they got off pretty lightly, in particular Angus who is on a second protest 2 weeks in a row. A real effort should be made this week because questions are being asked if the majority of Team Google shouln't have another season in the rookie league before competing in the main league again.
Inspector

---

Ian

Re: NZNL Season 8 - Lowes - Drivers Under Investigation

Post by Ian » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:42 pm

Ian Lap 13

Once again poor car control, spinning and hitting Bcingu

-2 Incident points (-10 championship points)[/quote]

I disagree Fly as follows:-

1) My team mate Wide said entering turn 1 on the open team speak channel that he would "pass me low". Bcingu passed high and I had to hold a medium line which I did.

2) I held a line well bellow the ideal race line (green doted line) exiting turn 2

3) Bcingu had plenty of room to pass between me and the wall

However no hard feelings here, and yes that was a crap night of lousy control for me. Just don't think that that incident was entirely my fault. ie) Passing car has to keep clear and as far as I was concerned I kept to my line.

Keep up the good work

Spot Yu :)
Ian

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:51 am

Ian wrote:

1) My team mate Wide said entering turn 1 on the open team speak channel that he would "pass me low". Bcingu passed high and I had to hold a medium line which I did.

2) I held a line well bellow the ideal race line (green doted line) exiting turn 2

However no hard feelings here, and yes that was a crap night of lousy control for me. Just don't think that that incident was entirely my fault. ie) Passing car has to keep clear and as far as I was concerned I kept to my line.

Keep up the good work

Ian
perhaps if you provided the committee with your version of events before the decision is made then possibly a different outcome may of resulted. have another look at the replay and you will see that you do not hold the middle lane and do encroach into the high line, at the speed you were going you should have easily been able to keep low. some race awareness and courtesy could have avoided the incident altogether, you were still getting up to speed after an incident and the race leaders were fast approaching, some speed control to allow the leaders a safe pass may have cost you 1-2 sec on track but that is a small cost compared to the 30+ sec lost in a spin not to mention the grief it creates for other drivers.

The ideal racing line in game (green dotted line) is not the best racing line for the track. I recommend you turn that aid off and start using other features on the track such as lights and billboards etc for braking/turning references, it will improve your results.

its pretty late and im tired so hopefully these comments dont come across the wrong way, just trying to give some hopefully useful info.

disclaimer

the views in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the committee.
:D

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:46 pm

Inspector wrote:Actually they got off pretty lightly, in particular Angus who is on a second protest 2 weeks in a row. A real effort should be made this week because questions are being asked if the majority of Team Google shouln't have another season in the rookie league before competing in the main league again.
If this is a concern maybe the committee should have a meeting with team google and discuss any concerns that have come up to there attention.

Just a idea....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:36 pm

Big Al wrote:
Ian wrote:

Keep up the good work

Ian
perhaps if you provided the committee with your version of events before the decision is made then possibly a different outcome may of resulted. have another look at the replay and you will see that you do not hold the middle lane and do encroach into the high line, at the speed you were going you should have easily been able to keep low. some race awareness and courtesy could have avoided the incident altogether, you were still getting up to speed after an incident and the race leaders were fast approaching, some speed control to allow the leaders a safe pass may have cost you 1-2 sec on track but that is a small cost compared to the 30+ sec lost in a spin not to mention the grief it creates for other drivers.

The ideal racing line in game (green dotted line) is not the best racing line for the track. I recommend you turn that aid off and start using other features on the track such as lights and billboards etc for braking/turning references, it will improve your results.

its pretty late and im tired so hopefully these comments dont come across the wrong way, just trying to give some hopefully useful info.

disclaimer

the views in this post do not necessarily reflect those of the committee.
:D
Take aboard what you are saying Big Al. Sorry for stuffing up your good start Bcingu
Ian