Cars
68%
Trucks
32%

Total votes: 37

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:16 pm

Well the numbers mean nought to me. I remember perhaps 4 or 5 out of 40-odd registered drivers. I prefer two digit numbers with the top three being reserved for the previous league podium getters.

If enough people are sentimentally attached to their number then we may aswell leave it as is and do the logo thing Inspector mentioned.
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:23 pm

OK - Quick update guys.

The organisers have started to put together all the ideas that have been suggested over the last week or so and are slowly piecing it all together to bring to you for consideration as the "League Format" for our next season.

Part of this format relies a lot upon the outcome of Wednesdays practice race in the CUP cars so we urge as many people as possible to attend this practice and give us your feedback. It will be important to consider how you will handle a 40% race with 2x Pitstops in the cars instead of the trucks. You should think about how you found the cars to drive on this track in particular and then consider which tracks and style of tracks you think the league might be best to use. It is important (especially to car paint scheme designers) to have a look at the cars around you and picture how you will see your potential paint scheme. Looking at in Photoshop is a lot different to seeing it on the track or in one of Proms movies.

So please be patient as the organisers put all the information and feedback together and we will have something for you shortly.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:39 pm

Something else to consider.

We have always called our league after our main sponsors. Without detracting from our sponsors (we will still need to ensure their name is well covered) I believe it is time we moved ahead a little and consider calling our league something along the lines of:

New Zealand Online Nascar League

New Zealand Online Racing Leagues [Sub Leagues: NASCAR CUP/GTP - GTR - Stockcars]

Any feedback?
Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:53 pm

Dude, that was like a page ago......... What was I on about ;)

Sounds Goot Ya!
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:13 pm

Inspector wrote:Something else to consider.

We have always called our league after our main sponsors. Without detracting from our sponsors (we will still need to ensure their name is well covered) I believe it is time we moved ahead a little and consider calling our league something along the lines of:

New Zealand Online Nascar League

New Zealand Online Racing Leagues [Sub Leagues: NASCAR CUP/GTP - GTR - Stockcars]

Any feedback?
If we incorporate an actual league name, will we need a dedicated site? I don't think we would since SimRacerHQ handles all of our files and standings and Simcentral handles our forum.

I would vote for New Zealand Online Racing (NZOR).
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:22 pm

Slight topic divergence here, but I had a look at Kiwisim gallery of Nascar Race #1 4 Aug 2003 : 6 drivers D:

I wonder where we'll be in another 2 years from now . . .
YouTube videos

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:43 pm

odonohuesp wrote: If we incorporate an actual league name, will we need a dedicated site? .
simracerhq was set up as a filler til the league got serious enough about naming itself.

i always had the intention of putting the simracerhq name away once this time came.