Cars or Trucks

Cars
68%
Trucks
32%

Total votes: 37

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:00 am

Prometheus wrote:Another minor thing, but ideally there should be a paint template with logos and names for all, but paint schemes become whatever the teams want.
I think that's a good idea, I can set that up if needed

Basically I think we should use real NASCARS as an example and base your own paintscheme on that

NASCAR rules for sponsership go along these lines

The major sponser occupies the bonnet, rear and upper rear quarters of the car (In our case the team name or an individuals choice)

Secondary sponsers occupy lower rear panels, boot and window quarters etc. (In our case, Inspire, VR, Dick Smith????, Simcentral and Sim HQ)

Contingency sponsers (these are the stickers that cars carry behind the front wheel area, and are "pay for place" sponsers, i.e. if you carry a sponsers name they pay you a certain amount depending on what place you achieve) we don't have any but many people use the "real" original ones

Numbers are placed on doors and roof (upright as viewed from the infield) and cover approx 3/4 the height of the panel

Also I think we should have the names of each driver clearly and boldly marked on the rear spoiler.

It may sound a bit regimented but is easy to follow if you have a guiding template and will give the league a "professional" look

My 10c worth :D

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:50 am

Some excellent ideas Eagle and TonyG - All this input from everyone is really great and this is what makes our leagues so good. All the best ideas are grabbed from a range of people and the admins put them altogether to try and find the best mix.

Whilst I am concerened about teams being formed based upon skill rather than mates, there is not much we can do about that. For example the DuD's would love to have Bold in our team, he is Bazz's flatmate and we have all been gaming mates for a few years now attending LANs together etc etc but we are shy to ask him (assuming he wanted to leave SimTV which is unlikely) but if he did you then have 3rd, 4th, 5th and 7th place drivers from last season in one team. This sort of thing is why we suggested trying to force one rookie into each team to try and even it up a but as Eagle has pointed out that will be too difficult to sort out. Some more thought is needed.

Further to this I would like to say again my other idea of allowing any 4 man team to have a 5th driver if none of their members finished in the top 10 or 15 or so last season? Or as another idea, any 4 man team who does not have a driver in it from the top 10 or 15 from the last season
becomes a rookie team? So whilst the team competition continues as normal, there is also a rookie team battle going on as well.

Paint scheme ideas are great, keep you ideas coming in guys, we have lots to work with already. _b
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:07 pm

Heh, thanks for that Inspector :D

Ill just say that although I would quite like to be in the DuD team, I also quite like racing against you all aswell :) We've got a few things happening with SimTV at the moment so ill see what pans out there.

Besides, you'd have to pay me a lot to race with one of those DuD motors ;p

M

Post by M » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:58 pm

I definitely think if someone like Bold moved to DuDs it would be completely understandable, just as I would happily have a mate in a team no matter the consequences for team points.

But in racing nice guys tend to finish first, not last, so everyone wants them on their team!

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:30 pm

The paint template is a good idea, but you ahve to keep in mind that the template will ahve to work on all 4 manufactures. Unless someone is going to do 4 templates.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Apr 16, 2005 4:56 pm

odonohuesp wrote:The paint template is a good idea, but you ahve to keep in mind that the template will ahve to work on all 4 manufactures. Unless someone is going to do 4 templates.
Only 3 in cup nowadays, going by the vote it looks like cars, templates not much of a hassle, pretty much copy and paste :) just need the official sponsers.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:02 pm

Tony...can you tell me where to find the Charger template. I'm looking for the one that goes on the Pontiac Chassis. It seems to be a more accurate template.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:48 pm

Zone 15 has the best one IMO, that's the one I use

http://www.zone15.com/nascar.htm

Flatfoot

Post by Flatfoot » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:33 am

I would be keen on joining up with some Nascar racing, Ive only ever raced dirt but am keen to give the tarmac a whirl, where do i sign up?

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:56 am

Flatfoot wrote:I would be keen on joining up with some Nascar racing, Ive only ever raced dirt but am keen to give the tarmac a whirl, where do i sign up?
The new seasons are not finalised yet, keep an eye on this board and at SimRacerHQ for updates http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:23 am

M wrote:I definitely think if someone like Bold moved to DuDs it would be completely understandable, just as I would happily have a mate in a team no matter the consequences for team points.

But in racing nice guys tend to finish first, not last, so everyone wants them on their team!
Incorrect....... :p
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:21 am

I didn't vote and to be honest whichever way it goes I will still race alongside the rest of my team. In our opinion though the cars were in fact a little harder to drive but that was only due to the lack of practise in them and the fact that Draco wouldn't give up the keyboard for a wheel *jk*

So, Trucks/Cars i'm not worried. (Although how can we carry all that popcorn if we dont have a tray?!)

Tracks... I don't think we should limit it to certain speedways or superspeedways, yes there was a lot of carnage on the likes of Lowes but aside from that the track is really fun to drive it was just a messy night.

Logo...i'd go with the white..it looks "right" imo.

I'm going back to bed, my head hurts.

Skelo

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:24 am

Ahh look, the vote button! O_o

*Presses Trucks and retires back to bed*

:Puke:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:07 pm

I've made a template for the 2005 chevy with sponsers and league logos.
The League logo I have left as is because I feel it looks right. The sponsers are not confirmed yet?? Also not sure what the league name will be? But i thught we'd better get moving if people are painting cars and this is the sort of format we will use.
Also think we should go to 2 numbers (as sample) because 2 fits better than 3 :) The name also can go above the door with a flag for the drivers country :)

I'll do the others if this is what everyoe wants
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:32 pm

Sounding good.
As a painter ....:)

If we make it Manditory to have the drivers name on the back of the rear spoiler, we have all of the back for number and sponsers ... DS, VR etc
"Run Yasmine Run"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:41 pm

I've had an idea..

How about for the numbering, we do it from 1 to 40 odd, and your place in the previous years final points becomes your number.

Might make things a little more fun.. like carring a top 5 number would mean a lot.. especially number 1.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:50 pm

BINGO!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:53 pm

re: logos.

Howz about you just put up a white sheet with all the logo jpg's on it and let us drop them on where our schemes allow?
Also I think Rivens idea that you carry you last league result as you number in the next league is all apples. _b

Does every one else think this is a runner?
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:58 pm

Biteme wrote:re: logos.

Howz about you just put up a white sheet with all the logo jpg's on it and let us drop them on where our schemes allow?
Also I think Rivens idea that you carry you last league result as you number in the next league is all apples. _b

Does every one else think this is a runner?
To make this simpler, does anyone have any objection or see any problem with Rivens idea before we set it in stone.

Also, with the number of votes and the way they are, can we just annouce that its cars ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:19 pm

I'd go for Riven's number idea, there are 46 names on last seasons points list so new drivers start at 47??

As far as the sponsers go, I think we try and keep it as uniform as possible re where numbers and sponsers go but I think we should let the organising commitee decide otherwise we'll probably still be debating for days and days

Also do we have a commitee yet???? I put my hand up and there were comments on each team having a representative....starting to sound like F1 :D

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:27 pm

Well we could still keep our numbers from last time if we want to keep them the same, and put the position you got last season on the back of the car.
:>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 6:31 pm

I'm keen to go on da race committee again and I suspect Inspector is aswell,

Don't know if snake still wants to be , or odie or fly, TonyG is keen so an initial list we could say is:

Inspector
TonyG
BAZZ
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:01 pm

Riven wrote:I've had an idea..

How about for the numbering, we do it from 1 to 40 odd, and your place in the previous years final points becomes your number.

Might make things a little more fun.. like carring a top 5 number would mean a lot.. especially number 1.
Cool idea _b

One thing we do need to keep in mind is that is are expecting people to use the template, some of you highly skilled painters might need to offer your services to those less fortunate. Perhaps an emailed beer for payment :D
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:14 pm

Sponsors aren't all confirmed yet either TonyG so not alot of point cranking out some templates just yet, and I don't know if everyone will want those contingency decals on either :)

also i'd rather keep our current numbers :)

Yes we shall have a meeting with the proposed committee early next week and we can look at all the comments from drivers and then make some sort of a proposed layout.
Last edited by BAZZIL on Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:29 pm

Further to Riven's number idea, because this is "The" New Zealand Nascar League, should the numbers be NZ1, NZ2, NZ3 etc etc or the other way round, 1NZ etc?

This in fact brings some meaning to being number 14 for example, big difference between being 14th in the league last season and being 14th top driver for NZ.

There is the issue of drivers individuality to consider as well. For example everyone now knows 444 is The Inspector and 555 means run for cover etc etc. I think Happys idea of putting your "NZ" number somewhere would be great. So my number would be 444 but in the right rear taillight I could have (coincidently) NZ4 or 4NZ or you could have

444 (NZ4)

everywhere you put your number?
Inspector

---