Trucks
32%

Total votes: 37

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:34 pm

I like Inspectors numbar Idea :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:36 pm

It has merit. ;)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:42 pm

I think the whole idea of moving to the 2 number format was to create a little more space on the cars for painters to get it all on there........

And it would follow convention to be 1NZ or 2NZ etc me thinks.

I think that the 2 number format would be good as it will give non racing viewers and idea of what you have been capable of and where you are in the vid or on nrtv.

"oh look, 1NZ thats Odie, and hes in 30th postion........ again"
(that must have been the near the start of a race Odie ;) )

And as for being 1NZ, the is only one NZ online Nascar league, So 1NZ is 1NZ :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:49 pm

True :rolleyes:

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:54 pm

Youll get a sore arse sittin on that fence Mattly, ya Sack!

:D
"Run Yasmine Run"

Danman

Post by Danman » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:13 pm

I think having 2 sets of numbers on 1 car is confusing. I think carrying the number of the position earned in the previous season is a good idea. Don't forget your name will be on the rear spoiler and maybe the front airdam as well, so people will still know who you are :)

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:21 pm

Danman wrote:I think having 2 sets of numbers on 1 car is confusing. I think carrying the number of the position earned in the previous season is a good idea. Don't forget your name will be on the rear spoiler and maybe the front airdam as well, so people will still know who you are :)
Ahhhh, some sense at last. ;)

Well done Danman _b
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:11 am

I'm keen for the numbering system.

The base template is good too Tony. Also, I have no problem being on the committee. Someone has to keep the Kiwis in line. :D
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:24 am

I think we should keep it as simple as we can

I go for the numbers as we finished last season
Sponser decals on the template, to be agreed by the commitee as to (who they are) size and location (contingencies not compulsory)

As has been pointed out we are the only online NASCAR community in NZ, we want to look good and race hard :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:47 am

:< but 5 on my car will always remind me that I was the 4th looser.
Boom Boom !

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:26 am

hehe Bazzil. :rolleyes:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:28 am

We're all loosers.............except that fella that speaks funny :) :D }8D

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:35 am

I like Rivens idea. Inspectors sounds uneccessarily complicated.

Besides, '16' has a nice, innocent ring to it. This could go in my favour should I find myself in front of the commitee.

(:
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:21 am

Personally I'd prefer to go with simplicity :rolleyes:

The advantage of the two number system is that it works well for new people who haven't been racing for years. The disadvantage is that people who have seen the 555 on its roof as they zoom past would have a quiet chuckle, but new drivers wouldn't.

So I guess the trick is to get something in between.

Why not go for the new 2 number system, with the drivers name on the back, and the number assigned does reflect how they finished in the last season ? That way, passing 01 car may bring more satisfaction to people season 5 or season 6 :D It also has the advantage of keeping things simple for all drivers - if the number infront of you is higher than yours, there's your challenge on the track.

If more people sign up for season 4, rather than go from 47, why not just start at 50 ? Recognition of seeing a 5 something car infront of you might be a bit quicker than going "48, umm..." Nothing serious, but it's something we do at work all the time - make things recognisable instantly without having to add another 1/2 a second of thought. Not that people in tv do much thinking.

I know the number before have been traditional, but there are a lot more drivers out there now.

But if we do have painting templates to use, I think those skilled in painting do need to offer their services to those less skilled.
YouTube videos

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:39 am

We could go with how most motor sports go, and only the top 2 or 3 cars are allowed to use numbers 1-3, and everyone else can use their own number, 2 digit if they like. Gives the top drivers some recognition, and keeps everyone else happy :)

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:42 am

Bold wrote:We could go with how most motor sports go, and only the top 2 or 3 cars are allowed to use numbers 1-3, and everyone else can use their own number, 2 digit if they like. Gives the top drivers some recognition, and keeps everyone else happy :)
Even better idea, I bags 51!. But I don't see what happiness has to do with motorsport?

(:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:46 am

I will help out with painting for those that need it, ended up doing 10 trucks and 14 TPTCC vehicles last season :D

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:46 am

Personally I have been racing using the number 444 for 6 leagues now and also use this number in the TPTCC league. I would rather stick with using my number and would be happy to see a logo/badge or somthing, just the same as a compulsary sponsor logo on the car somewhere (like the tailgate) which says something like:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:58 am

But that's still three alpha-numeric characters, isn't half the reason we're considering the change to simplify things?

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:08 pm

I tend to agree with Inspector on the number situation. You get to know the numbers pretty quickly and you associate them with people. They are going to change every season if we use previous seasons placings. Seems a bit silly to me. Plus I like my number, it's a private joke down this way but it gets a laugh everytime my flatmates see it on SimTV :p

Both Inspectors alternates are good ideas. The badge/logo could even be extended. We could have a standard (but optional) logo that drivers could have on their cars indicating they're position in previous seasons. Kind of like kill marks on the noses of aircraft.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:13 pm

The logo has nothing to with your car number - it is just an indication of where you finished in the previous league - a compulsary logo/picture/badge/symbol or whatever that other drivers, especially new ones can see when coming up behind you.

More an ego booster than anything. Whilst I like everyone else want to show off where I finished in the league, every season I will finish in a different place so my number will change. Everyone knows who 444 is and I like that.

Maybe another way of doing it is to have a standard format for names?

So every car has to have their name across the wing or some set place and every name must include their NZ placing. e.g.

Inspector [NZ#4]

Odie (NZ#1)

Mattly [NZ-#10]

Skuzzelbutt {NZ-#16}

?
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:47 pm

TonyG wrote:We're all loosers.............except that fella that speaks funny :) :D }8D
:birdies: :birdies:
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:55 pm

Inspector wrote:The logo has nothing to with your car number - it is just an indication of where you finished in the previous league - a compulsary logo/picture/badge/symbol or whatever that other drivers, especially new ones can see when coming up behind you.

More an ego booster than anything. Whilst I like everyone else want to show off where I finished in the league, every season I will finish in a different place so my number will change. Everyone knows who 444 is and I like that.

Maybe another way of doing it is to have a standard format for names?

So every car has to have their name across the wing or some set place and every name must include their NZ placing. e.g.

Inspector [NZ#4]

Odie (NZ#1)

Mattly [NZ-#10]

Skuzzelbutt {NZ-#16}

?
The logo is the way to go for a couple reasons.

1) As Inpsector has pointed out if we throw NZ4 for 444, that would not work because, once you have 10 drivers you will have duplication.

2) The NZ (placed you finished) for the number actually will not work either, because we would run into a 4 digit character after you hit 10.

3) I like the logo that Inspector came up with and it could be put on the back rear of the car under the spoiler. That way when Wood is driving behind me, he will know you finally beat him in the final standings. ;p
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:44 pm

This is like herding cats ! :D

Like our utpoia of an unmoderated forum, having 40 guys trying to agree on something together is a dream. A good dream, but still a dream.

There's lots of opinions and suggestions.

Now it's time for the league organisers to dress up in leather, crack the whip and decide "this is what will happen" (read that with a deep booming voice, sort Charlton Heston as Moses style).

My 2c worth.
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:58 pm

yes that's the plan Unbound, in the stickied thread at the top of the forum there is a list of organisers, idealy we need one more that everyone is happy with, then the organisers can have a discussion taking everything into account that has been said in this thread and make a proposal for the next league.
Boom Boom !