NEW "PRIVATEER" Division

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR

Would you like to see a PRIVATEER division?

Yes, I'm gonna show you all that you should have picked me!
38%
No, I'm happy just racing in the standard competition.
62%

Total votes: 13

Mattly

NEW "PRIVATEER" Division

Post by Mattly » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:26 am

Hey all

Most of the teams have been formed now and there are several drivers that performed well but have failed to make a team. I was interested to see if you feel we should run a PRIVATEER division as well for the next league. In theory it will be difficult for an independent to finish in the top ten when other drivers are aiding each other in there teams. (though not impossible).

I propose a seperate PRIVATEER category that will give everyone a clear indication of who should be worth snapping up for the following series.

NOTE: You will still be running in the main competiton as well.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:43 am

Sounds fine bit like the rookie positions, I presume that will still apply.......also note only NON team members can vote in the poll :)

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:40 pm

So you want another individual points league as well as the main individual points league? I don't really see the point. The rookie points is a good thing. Do we need a special olympics class for people just because they can't/don't want to organise a team?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:47 pm

Eagle32 wrote:So you want another individual points league as well as the main individual points league? I don't really see the point. The rookie points is a good thing. Do we need a special olympics class for people just because they can't/don't want to organise a team?
A special Olympics Class!!!!

That's a good idea, except most of the drivers would qualify in that class.

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:06 am

just on this topic, i was wondering about a sort of supporting race for this season, like a opening race and then the main event, so it's not drivers in the main league or racing with them, it would be a seperate race.
just an idea though _b
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:37 am

Just so you know guys, this is about a younger group of drivers who would like to learn and race with the "big boys" but basically the race is too late at night for them.

A while ago I asked for a rookie league to be held on a Sunday afternoon or something like that to accomadate a steadily growing group of interested younger members who didn't want to ruin the racing for the regulars whilst they learnt and who also needed a more suitable time frame.

Unfortunately the rookie league got moved to a Tuesday night and the time got set back too late again so they missed out on a perfect opportunity to learn with the other rookies and recieve advice from the experienced guys that joined in.

I quite like Troopers idea and think we could in fact do something with this. I would like to see an official rookie race run before the main event on a Wednesday night? My first thoughts would be the server set to official rookie league mode at 7.00pm. 30 minutes practice with qualifying starting at 7.30pm. Race length should be 20% with 2x pit stops, no damage, no yellows. Race should be over between 8.00 - 8.15pm in time for official league practice to start for the big boys.

This is a great opportunity for Dads to give suitable children a go, and give then some guidance. We could leave all aids on and as they improve talk to each one about turning them off bit by bit. This may be a bit slow to kick off until word gets out, but we must start somewhere. We can look at how we encourage our rookies involvement in this event, remembering it will be an official "curtain raiser" and involvement from senior drivers would be once again welcomed.

Finally I would note that Trooper is a fellow gamers son and I have seen him race before. He may not quite be in the class of young Gregory but he is very close and with some encouragement will soon be a highly competitive member of our league. These are the type of new members I would like to try and attract as well as the crusty old simmers and with a bit of effort on our part we can make it happen.

Any support?
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:01 am

Great idea. My boy's 1 1/2 now...almost old enough...

But seriously though, it's a great idea.

(:
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:13 am

LOL - Nearly there.....

Patrick (Trooper) will correct me if I'm wrong but I think he is about 14. When I said children I really meant teenagers or around that age. It should be noted that this definitely should include rookies who intend racing in the main league. I would bet my best gumboots that Trooper will probably beat a big percentage of the rookies and is quite capable of racing in the main league but his Mum would beat me around the ears if I encouraged him to stay up for the late league and what's more he might beat me and that would be embarrassing.......
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:24 am

Yes it does need to be earlier, and anyone should be able to jump in and help any new members with drafting practice etc.

I'd be keen to jump on occasionaly for it :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:13 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Yes it does need to be earlier, and anyone should be able to jump in and help any new members with drafting practice etc.

I'd be keen to jump on occasionaly for it :)
It's not Bazzil Jackson by any chance? O_o
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:42 pm

Over at ASRG a few years ago . . . we used to have a session called "Rookie Racing" / "Nascar Lites" on Sunday Nights.

It wasn't a full race as such . . . it was simply short Pactice Sessions and then 5% Races on random, standard tracks.

It was more of a taster to let new guys see how different it is driving online against real people as opposed to driving offline against the A.I.

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:13 pm

it's like the main league is V8 supercars and the supporting race is like
the NZV8 touring cars :)
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:53 pm

_b

Hexx

Post by Hexx » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:46 pm

Yes i would be very interested to join into this as i am keen to get as much practice with REAL people as i can, and it would be very nice to have some help with drafting from the experienced peoples.

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:48 pm

imagine the fun :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Bruce McLaren

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:49 pm

:eek:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Bruce McLaren