Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:49 pm

Practise Race /Connect Test for new server : Saturday 7th of May
Race 2 - Aus v NZ Truck Test Race : Saturday 14th of May

Time: Qual starts OZ 8:00pm - NZ 10:00pm start

Track: Daytona BR Hardcore (day)

Host: ASRG IP: 202.174.105.14:47200
Laps: 50% same as last time.
No Damage, No yellows.
Setup, probably fixed_fast from Tally (I'm open to ideas!)
No passing below the yellow
No special pit in/out rules (as per first race but without the chaos please!)

RACE TEAM
Arran Foster
Bazzil
Bold
Daniel Wood
Eagle32
Flyboy69
Happy
Inspector
Jay
Mattly
Mikool
Odie
Prometheus
Riven
Skuzzlebutt
Snake Rogers
TonyG
Typhoon
Unbound
Viking

RESERVES
Big Al
Chequers
Storm
Danman
Wraith
M
Dark Vengeance
Last edited by Flyboy69 on Thu May 05, 2005 6:48 pm, edited 9 times in total.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:52 pm

This is a email I got from George, just a few rule changes and the date (if it suits everyone) and track ideas.

G'day all,

There's been a bit of talk on both forums about the next Truck Test Match, so I figure we best lock in a date and make this event happen.

Proposed date for Race 2: Saturday 7th of May

Time: Last time was a bit early for us, but with NZ and OZ out of daylight savings, it should be ok for an OZ 7:30 - NZ 9:30 start?

Track: DaytonaBR night or DaytonaBR_hardcore (I'd prefer night but it really doesn't matter either way)

Host: ASRG, we believe we've sorted the issues from the last time out and have been hosting 30+ GTP cars on this server without any dramas. There would be a test race as usual to shake things down, I'm confident that this new server will do the job a-ok.

Proposed rule changes: (thanks to Mal)

1.) No passing below the yellow line, ever.

2.) Must tell field on the back straight that you are going to pit this lap..not just before you pull off and drivers must pull off onto the apron below the yellow line before the final turn. So no more cutting down off of turn 4 and heading straight into the pits. Also on pit exit:

Re-entering the race after pitting will be on the Back straight not as the games requires(as you enter Turn1)because of the size of field/skill and the fact its plain dangerous to merge back into traffic before your up to speed.

Hopefully if everybody follows these simple rules, the whole shit fest created on pit entry can be eliviated and strategy can play a greater part in the race. If everyone follows these rules, then there's better racing all round.

4.) Team scores are based on the first 15 trucks home (not all 20). I believe there's always going to be DNF's and disco's so I reckon team scores should count the first 15 trucks on each side. This way your team's not getting shafted if you drop out for any reason, or your you disco out of the event. The overall scores are really only determined in the first 10 trucks home.

5.) No intentional blocking or paybacks... ;-) That'll be tough to police but if team captains can tell their troops to settle down and concentrate on racing and having fun and all will be good. Most guys behaved themselves, but I saw a few things occur that you couldn't get away with in a normal league race, on both sides... So I'd put the fear of God into people to play nicely or don't bother turning up...

6.) Restart rule, *if* there's another 30 truck pile up with-in the first 10 laps, we can restart the race. It was asked during that crash in the last event, but it didn't happen. Has to be a major crash however... only 1 RS, then if there's another huge crash, we'll just race on...

All other rules the same as the first race, if it ain't broke, don't fix it... It would also be good if we could keep the teams pretty much the same as the last time out, that would save a bit of work painting trucks and with general organising...

Thoughts guys? I'd be really keen on running another event on the 7th, please let me know if you have any ideas or concerns from your end, so we can sort this out and get back to racing... ;-)

Cheers,

George.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:04 pm

Well if its the 7th I'm out (doubt I would have been selected anyways) will be on a plane returning from a holiday on the Gold Coast at that time.

This holidays backfiring on me lol, miss NZ/Aus race, and no doubt miss 1st race of both the Nascar and Stockcar Seasons ;(

Oh well gd luck all and dish up those Aussies

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:14 pm

for those who didn't race last time you had better pick a number ...... 9xx

these were the numbers last time

think i got them all

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:22 pm

the restart rule - 10 laps is two much, 3 laps should see everyone strung out enough to stop any big wrecks.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:25 pm

No passing below the yellow line is fine. It's how we normally race but if I you have to dodge cars that do something silly joining after pitting or there's an accident I'll go where ever there is a gap period.

I don't love the pitting rule ideas but I can understand why people might want them. Pit entry before turn 4? I assume he means on the back straight then. It'd be a lot more dangerous to have cars slowing mid-corner. I don't really see the need to force people to pit on the back straight however when there is room after turn 4.

Pit exit. If you want people to call pit entry on the back straight so cars behind can avoid the surely you can see people's merge messages and stay high in turns 1/2 to give them room to merge.

And how are you going to police chat messages anyway. It's easy to miss them when your racing.

10 laps for a restart is just plain silly. Make it 5 and we can talk :p

Blcoking, who judges what is dodgey blocking behaviour and what's racing? Where's the line? Are 8 cars racing 2-wide side by side in 2 drafts of 4 blocking or racing?
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:28 pm

THe only problem I have is with the points issue. Its a team event so all 20 trucks should count towards the points. If you get disco, you better get your arse in gear and get back on line.
Odie

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:28 pm

Eagle32 wrote:Blcoking, who judges what is dodgey blocking behaviour and what's racing? Where's the line? Are 8 cars racing 2-wide side by side in 2 drafts of 4 blocking or racing?
i think rahter than saying blocking, failing to hold a resonable racing line would be better.
the last race saw guys just move over forno reason, not to actually block, but to disrupt the train coming thru

storm

Post by storm » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:49 pm

if i get to race i ould like number 933

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:43 pm

The pitting in rule makes getting into the pits and out of the pits a single file affair and will hopefully stop the chaos we saw last time out. It has to be the same for everyone and well policed otherwise you'd loose too many spots to guys hard on the gas all the way around T4 and onto the pit apron. Having a queue of trucks pull down low on the back straight and make their way into the pits in one long congo line has got to be better than what we saw last time out surely?

The restart rules there to make the race fair for everyone, if we make it past 5 laps we should be right to go.

Counting the first 15 just takes the disco's out of the equation. Getting disco'ed is a fact of life, but shouldn't effect the outcome of the event. The points earned by the last 10 places don't really count for much anyway. I'd be willing to count points for drivers that finish on both sides as long as there's the same number, or up to the last finishing pair of drivers.

The bit about blocking was a truck pulling out of a queue of team mates, dropping down into the low line and slowing enabling the high line of teamies to drive away... then rejoining at the rear of the queue. Stuff like that is just a recipe for disaster...

Daytona BR? The date's ok with everybody else? The sooner the track and the dates locked in, we can get back to racing again... :>
Last edited by ]-[ITMAN on Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:51 pm

I don't see how it's going to help. People will just be tearing up to the entrance of turn 3 and all trying to jam it down as late as possible there instead of the pit entrance where the track is wider.

And frankly some people will be very slow going round the corner low and are going to slow everyone up causing more accidents over a greater area anyway.

I honestly think it will be counter productive but I suggest we use the test race to try it and see _b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:09 pm

It'll take a bit of practise, but I'm sure it would make for a better race overall... You have to run a little slower so you can stay under the yellow line, but if its the same for everybody into the pits and out of the pits, it will make for a better race. Think about a big queue of team trucks pulling down low and all getting into the pits together without the smoke and spins and crashes and shit happening.

Once your behind someone going down to T3 for the pits, you'll stay there until pit entry, if people agree with this rule, than it will clear up 50% of the accidents we saw last time out... well maybe not 50% but a lot of the stuff we saw. :)

wide load

Post by wide load » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:31 am

I would be interested in racing. _b

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Re: NZ - Aussie Race Update (21/4/05)

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:36 am

Flyboy69 wrote: drivers list...
Correct me if im wrong, but Tickford and Viking are both aussies, so should be racing for the Aussie team and not included above :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:52 am

]-[ITMAN wrote:
Once your behind someone going down to T3 for the pits, you'll stay there until pit entry, if people agree with this rule, than it will clear up 50% of the accidents we saw last time out... well maybe not 50% but a lot of the stuff we saw. :)
We test then see as I feel this will move the accidents from the pit entry onto t3-t4 as people spin trying to get into the pit quick or take out ppl in front of them traveling slow so not to spin......

Daytona BR, must d/l and have a look, but as I have mentioned before, Night version of Daytona has a nasty sun strike that can not be put up with for a couple of hours.

Bring on the test night!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:38 pm

pit entry/exit is an important part of my racing.. its where i make up 2-3s.. which equates to about the length of the back straight. I think forcing people to not pass on the entry/exit is not good..

also what happens when say 1 member of a team pits at the head of a queue of 10 members of the other team.. hmmm 10mph around the apron anyone?

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:29 pm

Hell yeah, count me in!!!!

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:33 pm

Riven wrote:pit entry/exit is an important part of my racing.. its where i make up 2-3s.. which equates to about the length of the back straight. I think forcing people to not pass on the entry/exit is not good..

also what happens when say 1 member of a team pits at the head of a queue of 10 members of the other team.. hmmm 10mph around the apron anyone?
A valid point Riven.....could be a strategic move to. :D
Odie

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:35 pm

It's a proposed rule, to try and curb the carnage as 40 trucks pull into the pits. I reckon we'll give it a go during a practise race and if there's enough people voicing their concerns that its not a good idea, we'll do it the old way.

But more importantly...

Date: 7th May 05 - Saturday, OZ qual start 7:30pm NZ 9:30pm
Host: ASRG (fixed ip & fixed server)
Track: Daytona BR Hardcore (Day race track not night)
Race distance: 50%
No yellows
20 Trucks per side - Teams Points count first 15 trucks per side for total *to not punish disco'ed drivers*

This ok? :)

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:48 pm

Is this practice or real?
Inspector

---

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:07 pm

That's the proposed rules for the real deal... practise races *many* before that date.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:52 pm

I think the pitting rule should be the same as the rule we use in our CTS league.

13. Pitting

Pit entries should be made off the racing line. Protests will be accepted for dangerous pit entries which affect other drivers. Any car punting another entering the pits will be penalized (Do not enter the pits late if cars behind you have to slow down).

When exiting the pits, ensure that you merge carefully and stay off the racing line until the track is clear or until you are back up to race speed.

This allows for drivers who have the ability to pit fast a fair chance to do so. The rule is clear about dangerous pit entries and what it is saying is that if you are pitting with other cars around you take the safe option, if you are by yourself you can go for broke but if you stuff it up you only penalise yourself. We are talking about blocking rules and I assume a panel of judges will adjuticate if a driver protests? so if a driver protests that he was taken out by someone entering the pits unsafely then he will be penalised for it as well?

"No yellows" - I assume this also means no damage?

20 Trucks per side - Teams Points count first 15 trucks per side for total *to not punish disco'ed drivers*

Actually I think this is a bit extreme, I would be very suprised if 5 drivers get dropped from each team and the rule really takes away from team racing. I would like to propose that all drivers count toward the final score, if a driver gets dropped during the race (not manual disconnect) then the last place driver from the other team gets his points dropped as well?

You must consider this, if NZ has no trucks from 40th place to 30th place but are forced to drop their 15th to 20th drivers placings then they will in fact be penalised more points than Australia. (same applies the other way round obviously)

So really if a driver gets dropped, tough bananas but if you want some sort of evener then use the above.
Inspector

---

Viking

Post by Viking » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:06 pm

Bold wrote:
Correct me if im wrong, but Tickford and Viking are both aussies, so should be racing for the Aussie team and not included above :)
I'm actually a Kiwi, from Dunedin.

No offence taken :D

As far as choosing drivers goes, I'm new to this league so have no problems if not picked.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:41 pm

Viking wrote:
Bold wrote:
I'm actually a Kiwi, from Dunedin.

No offence taken :D

As far as choosing drivers goes, I'm new to this league so have no problems if not picked.
my bad... **goes off and hides in the corner

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:12 pm

Viking wrote: I'm actually a Kiwi, from Dunedin.
At last another person from my part of the country _b