NZ - Aussie Race Update (5/5/05)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon May 09, 2005 9:00 pm

For those without numbers, pm me with your email address and I will forward a skin to you

so far...............storm 933
.......................viking 903
.......................wide load 906
.......................skelo 918
.......................jay 910
.......................wraith 938

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed May 11, 2005 12:35 pm

stinking telecom......still no net so looks as though I'm going to miss even watching the second race :ffs:

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Fri May 13, 2005 10:20 pm

Good luck guys... but not too much. Remember the new pit out rule and try and keep it clean getting into the pits. :)

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sat May 14, 2005 1:33 am

]-[ITMAN wrote: . . . keep it clean getting into the pits.
Speaking of which, I asked George what happens if the lead car on the outside train needs to pit, but the rest of his train DOESN'T need to . . . how will the lead, outside car get through the train on the inside ?

It happened once in the first race . . . and caused utter chaos.

I can't think of an easy way for it to work . . . as the inside cars will GLADLY keep the outside car(s) high. :D

. . . and you can't make a third groove for the outside leader to make his way backwards to clear the inside cars . . .

And I doubt that the whole outside train will want to slow down to allow the inside train to move up . . . .

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat May 14, 2005 4:43 am

All I can say is plan ahead
Odie

mikool

Post by mikool » Sat May 14, 2005 9:28 am

Tonight’s the night :D
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat May 14, 2005 11:59 pm

Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 15, 2005 12:04 am

Extremely Good driving by Team NZ. In the face somewhat Discusting conditions. Great teamwork!!

My machine crashed :( No matter

WD !!
"Run Yasmine Run"

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun May 15, 2005 1:07 am

Congrats guys, you've got the race analysis, here's the team scores...

I had a great race, missed most of the chaos, wd to Wood and Prom for their awesome 1-2 and the rest of you lot for beating us once again.

Can't wait for the movie now... go Prom go!!! :)

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun May 15, 2005 1:16 am

Great race Kiwis, I'm proud of ya all [with tears in eyes]

Thanks for sitting it up Hitaman, will there be a replay anywhere from the Aussie server.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun May 15, 2005 1:24 am

It was setup to do so, (crosses fingers), but I can't find out until tomorrow as I don't have access. I'll let ya's know as soon as I get it hosted up somewhere...

Good teamwork guys, especially that lead pack, is there any race Wood can't win? :) And well done to Prom, who I reckon shouldn't be allowed to star too much in his own movies, awesome job mate.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Sun May 15, 2005 7:56 am

]-[ITMAN wrote:
Good teamwork guys, especially that lead pack, is there any race Wood can't win? :) And well done to Prom, who I reckon shouldn't be allowed to star too much in his own movies, awesome job mate.
Lol! You should have heard Prom directing the 1-2 photo finish for SimTV purposes. Rather hilarious.

:) _b
Don't make me destroy you.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun May 15, 2005 12:10 pm

I'll post up the replay shortly, just making sure its works before everyone nails the server. it'll be just over 100 megs and it's taking too bloody long.

I'd suggest one of you grab it and host it up locally perhaps, that way you'll all get it much faster trust me.

Can some of you guys please ease back on the forum comments over there, I'll post up a few of my thoughts asap. Sim Racing's bigger than a few individuals and accidents and I'd hate to see this whole concept turn to shit because of the actions of a few people on both sides.

Give us half an hour on the replay, its at 60%, stay tuned.

Yeah and Prom was directing me during early practise for the intro for the movie... "Stay right beside me for the titles..." LOL :)
Last edited by ]-[ITMAN on Sun May 15, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sun May 15, 2005 12:11 pm

LOL - Why is the number 4 the Inspector's luck number?

I wanted number 4 as my car number when we first started racing but we moved to the 3 figure number system so I chose 444.

Currently:

My car number is 444
I am NZ #4
My NZ car number is 944
I finished 4th in the race(thanks to help from my teammates)
I was the 4th car home for the Kiwi team.

Todays post was brought to you by the number 4........ :)
Inspector

---

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun May 15, 2005 12:33 pm

Server Replay Aus vs NZ Truck Test Match 2.

http://www.asrg.org/nascar2003/speciale ... .21.54.rar 110 Megs.

It'll be available for 2 days... uncompressed its a 227 Meg Mother. If you have troubles loading it compress it with Nascar Replay Analyser.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun May 15, 2005 12:36 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:Server Replay Aus vs NZ Truck Test Match 2.

It'll be available for 2 days... uncompressed its a 227 Meg Mother. If you have troubles loading it compress it with Nascar Replay Analyser.
Why is it so big?

I'm dowlaoding it now, once its finished does anybody want me to put it up somewhere on a local server?
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun May 15, 2005 12:53 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:Server Replay Aus vs NZ Truck Test Match 2.

FYI: WinACE compresses NASCAR replays to one quarter their original size

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun May 15, 2005 12:55 pm

Inspector wrote: Todays post was brought to you by the number 4........ :)
Ahh, I love to count !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Sun May 15, 2005 1:13 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:
Can some of you guys please ease back on the forum comments over there, I'll post up a few of my thoughts asap. Sim Racing's bigger than a few individuals and accidents and I'd hate to see this whole concept turn to shit because of the actions of a few people on both sides.
As soon as one of your members stops calling me a cheat...then I'll ease up on the comments. I've been civil so far.
Don't make me destroy you.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun May 15, 2005 1:22 pm

Don't worry about it skuzz.
They are just a bunch of amateurs who need learn how to race online.
:p
Wah Wah Wah

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun May 15, 2005 1:47 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Don't worry about it skuzz.
They are just a bunch of amateurs who need learn how to race online.
:p
Due to lag issues i believe alot of the percieved bad driving probably wasn't that bad. It's true that some of the tactics used by the Aussies were abit unscrupulous, but hey we won and we shouldn't tarnish our reputation with other countries by slagging them off. We are better than that.

my 2 cents.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Sun May 15, 2005 1:50 pm

i take it that the race had some issues then? :)
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Sun May 15, 2005 2:14 pm

Well in the light of day my post in the other thread maybe a bit strong, however it don't alter the fact of outrage at some of the tactics displayed such as squeezing trucks into the walls, excessive lifting in corners to slow the following pack.

We had the opportunity to be a pain with dropping from highline into ozzie train and slowing them, we agreed it wasn't cricket so didn't, maybe that's what ranckles the most we did our best to play fair and we felt like we were the only team out there doing so.

While lag may have caused some of the dings, I saw at least one instance where an intentional take out was performed, it was too gradual and premeditated to be put down as lag.

Joining on the corner from Pit straight was noted several times also.

I'm not saying we was saints but some the above demonstrates the reasons for the furore. On the whole most drivers where fine, Mr Forster took me out on lap 35, it don't look like lag, he was all over me like a rash for 2 or 3 laps, when there was 2 kiwis and him, there was no point to pushing the pass, he tapped me spinning, what was to gain. heaven only knows. Maybe he just misjudged it...

I'm sure there are some incidents that the Kiwis aren't proud of but we aimed for a clean race so I'm just telling it like I see it.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Post by Guest » Sun May 15, 2005 2:45 pm

server replay is up at simracer hq, will be there for ever and is smaller than georges - why cause we just do everything better
Last edited by Guest on Sun May 15, 2005 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun May 15, 2005 2:47 pm

ronwest wrote:serveris up at simracer hq, will be there for ever and is smaller than georges - why cause we just do everything better
Its not that much smaller. just re-compressed in WinACE saved about 18MB, but it still contains the practise laps, which i normally chop off