NZ - Aussie Race Update (5/5/05)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Sun May 01, 2005 3:14 pm

Well, how convenient :D I'm available for the new date. Course, I still won't be able to make the practice, so people that can (and do) should probably get first dibs on a spot. Which I'm cool with.

_b
Don't make me destroy you.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Wed May 04, 2005 9:31 pm

This coming Saturday night (7th), server opens 9:00PM (NZ Time) for 1 hours practise, Qual 10:00PM (NZ Time) then we'll race for a 20% race or two. (7pm and 8pm oz time)

>>>> New ASRG Server <<<<
202.174.105.14:47200 <-- Bookmark this sucker.

This is mainly a connection test for everyone and also to get truck files sorted... there's a few new ones and I'll endevour to post them all in one zip file for ya's as soon as they're done.

Then next Wednesday night (11th), there's a last practise session for Team OZ, you're all welcome to join in (I think)...

Any questions, let em rip!

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu May 05, 2005 10:25 am

Australian truck files are also here
http://www.asrg.org/cars/
I'm just going by date for the ones i don't have

We need to get ours organised very soon too, will we have to reupload them Ron??

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Thu May 05, 2005 1:52 pm

Hi fella's, when your practising, there's a pit exit rule. We tested this last night, no-one reenters track through turn2, always the back straight.

Entry as per usual, but on exit Trucks must stay below the yellow line until the back straight. You can power all the way around if you're careful so it's not too much drama.

There really shouldn't be any opposition to this rule, cause we all want safe, close racing. There's not enough room for two trucks side by side and another truck pulling into the turn out of the pits.

No question we've got to do this so its fairer for all with 40 trucks, and it wont slow anyone down too much.

Thanks guys.

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu May 05, 2005 1:59 pm

TonyG wrote:Australian truck files are also here
http://www.asrg.org/cars/
I'm just going by date for the ones i don't have

We need to get ours organised very soon too, will we have to reupload them Ron??
So when do we find out who is on the NZ Team?????? The practice race is right around the corner.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu May 05, 2005 2:20 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:Hi fella's, when your practising, there's a pit exit rule. We tested this last night, no-one reenters track through turn2, always the back straight.

Entry as per usual, but on exit Trucks must stay below the yellow line until the back straight. You can power all the way around if you're careful so it's not too much drama.

There really shouldn't be any opposition to this rule, cause we all want safe, close racing. There's not enough room for two trucks side by side and another truck pulling into the turn out of the pits.

No question we've got to do this so its fairer for all with 40 trucks, and it wont slow anyone down too much.

Thanks guys.
good idea that, it's the same for everyone so shouldn't be a problem :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu May 05, 2005 2:42 pm

Jay wrote: So when do we find out who is on the NZ Team?????? The practice race is right around the corner.
No idea, there is no commitee for this, Flyboy is the captain

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:44 pm

The team list is up, go to the first post of this thread.

Sorry to the guys who didnt make the line, but it was a very tuff choice.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu May 05, 2005 7:13 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:The team list is up, go to the first post of this thread.

looks like you have done a good job flyboy, special mention and congrats to Mikool on making the team, mikool was number 1 reserve last time.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 05, 2005 9:23 pm

Wow, must admit I'm surprised I made the team again, cheers :)

As I posted earlier in thread, happy to step aside for better/faster driver if needed for good of the team.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu May 05, 2005 11:00 pm

Hmm, In the 1st NZ/Aussie CTS test I finished 14th Kiwi and 24th overall - and I didn't make the team for the 2nd test.
Somehow I get the feeling that I'm not 'buddies' with the right people.
No sour grapes on my part, just an observation. :rolleyes:

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu May 05, 2005 11:04 pm

Sulley wrote:Wow, must admit I'm surprised I made the team again, cheers :)

As I posted earlier in thread, happy to step aside for better/faster driver if needed for good of the team.
well step aside coz here i am.....just kidding :) ....... maybe O_o

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu May 05, 2005 11:08 pm

Chequers wrote:Hmm, In the 1st NZ/Aussie CTS test I finished 14th Kiwi and 24th overall - and I didn't make the team for the 2nd test.
well I didn't make the list, but from my observations last race chequers, it's not about what position you finished in, it was how much you helped the team and how well you worked in with them. I recall at one point you were actualy in the ausie drafting line helping them instead of the NZ drafting line right beside it helping your buddies :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Big Al wrote:
Sulley wrote:Wow, must admit I'm surprised I made the team again, cheers :)

well step aside coz here i am.....just kidding :) ....... maybe O_o
Oh stop my ribs hurt...but seriously its the Captain's call...

I WILL not make any comments about other driver's inclusion or not as its not my business.

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Fri May 06, 2005 7:59 am

[quote I recall at one point you were actualy in the ausie drafting line helping them instead of the NZ drafting line right beside it helping your buddies :)[/quote]
As I recall it Baz there was one period when I was in the Aussie draft and couldn't get down into the Kiwi draft, and when the Kiwis went by the Aussies hung on the back and I had to stay where I was. In the last quarter of the race, after getting caught up in someone elses accident, I was on my own and got caught by an Aussie line, I hooked onto their draft and managed to break it up without crashing anyone.
A bit harsh to accuse me of helping the Aussies, but hey, if that is how you saw it, so be it. O_o

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri May 06, 2005 8:18 am

I don't see Greg Murphy's name in that list? O_o

What's up with dat? ;p
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Fri May 06, 2005 8:51 am

O_o

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri May 06, 2005 9:56 am

Mattly wrote:I don't see Greg Murphy's name in that list? O_o

What's up with dat? ;p
He cant drive a sim game for sh!t ;p

mikool

Post by mikool » Fri May 06, 2005 7:28 pm

Big Al wrote:
Flyboy69 wrote:The team list is up, go to the first post of this thread.

looks like you have done a good job flyboy, special mention and congrats to Mikool on making the team, mikool was number 1 reserve last time.
Thanks for the congrats Big Al. But a bigger thanks to fly for putting me on the team.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sulley

Got Skins, help with Pace Truck Please

Post by Sulley » Fri May 06, 2005 11:01 pm

Found my backup set of Aus and NZ skins so cool, but cant recall/find instructions on what to do with pace truck files???

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat May 07, 2005 8:40 am

There should be 5 .mip files, just put them in the series/CTS folder, remove them afterewards to revert to the standard one
:)

Danman

Post by Danman » Sat May 07, 2005 9:44 am

Chequers wrote:Hmm, In the 1st NZ/Aussie CTS test I finished 14th Kiwi and 24th overall - and I didn't make the team for the 2nd test.
Now I know it's not my place to even think about suggesting that those who can't make the practice lose their spot on the team...

;)

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Sat May 07, 2005 11:46 am

Pat, during the first test against the Aussies there were a number of occasions where other drivers were asking you on ventrilo to move up or down to assist the the other NZ drivers with the draft but you didn't. While you were leading drafts you constantly dropped down in front of Aussie trains to early, making it difficult for the following cars to maintain the draft and judging by the tone of the voices on Ventrilo people were getting quite angry because you were doing it constantly. I myself got very frustrated with you at one point during the race and was frantically asking people if they could type in to you to maintain the draft or move over for those who could. Eventually toward the end of the race you seemed to settle in but by then a number of people were quite peeved off with you.

I personally feel there are a couple of drivers left out of the team that deserve to be there, but the majority of drivers chosen also deserve to be there so with the limited number of spots it has to come down to some tough calls and we have to support that decision.

I and quite a few others of the "'buddies' with the right people" asked that you be given a go the first time round, feeling you had earned a spot in the NZ team, but after what happened during the last NZ race, if I had been asked this time round I also would not have put you in this time. It is totally irrelevent where you finished in the last race, the team is picked on performance during the last season and your "known" ability to drive for the good of the NZ team.
Inspector

---

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Mon May 09, 2005 4:09 pm

Just a quick note to say that I am available to reserve this coming Saturday Night since it got delayed by a week and now I'm back from holiday.

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Mon May 09, 2005 7:56 pm

Inspector wrote: Pat, during the first test against the Aussies there were a number of occasions where other drivers were asking you on ventrilo to move up or down to assist the the other NZ drivers with the draft but you didn't. While you were leading drafts you constantly dropped down in front of Aussie trains to early, making it difficult for the following cars to maintain the draft and judging by the tone of the voices on Ventrilo people were getting quite angry because you were doing it constantly. I myself got very frustrated with you at one point during the race and was frantically asking people if they could type in to you to maintain the draft or move over for those who could. Eventually toward the end of the race you seemed to settle in but by then a number of people were quite peeved off with you.
I was on ventrillo during the race but my receive was just distortion and it transpires that it may be something to do with the processing capabilities of my modest Pentium III 733mhz computer. Just so we are clear about things, if I had heard the call I would have responded but I didn't hear the call so I didn't respond. In the circumstance, as ventrillo is probably essential to the success of the team, it is probably just as well that I'm not in the team. I don't have any problems with that at all.
I do have problems with being judged, erroneously, as not being a team player by people who were unaware of my circumstances at the time, and then to have my contribution discounted because of it. I don't see any way back from that position because there aren't any opportunities to reassert myself, even after I get my computer upgraded.