Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
wide load

Post by wide load » Wed May 04, 2005 2:43 pm

Driver Profile: Wide Load

Race Team: MLC
Car Number: 22
Car Make: Chevy
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts -
Racing History: Currently NZ #22 a improvement of 8 placings from my 3rd season. (aiming for top 20 this season) - This league will be my 5th season of racing. Running in my first year as a new member of MLC. Am currently in the process of making a racing seat to go with my new Momo wheel, with these combined I will be looking for much improved results in the league.

Season 3 - 36th Overall
Season 4 - 31st Overall
Season 5 - 30th Overall
Season 6 - 22nd Overall

About Me: I am 30 years old and single with one daughter Aneta 9. I enjoy all sports and play Soccer in the Winter and Cricket in the Summer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wide load on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:14 am, edited 6 times in total.

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Wed May 04, 2005 4:40 pm

Driver Profile: Trooper - NZ Nascar Rookie League

Race Team: Rookie
Car Number: 59
Car Make: Dodge :aarr:
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics
Racing History: A bit of this and that

About Me: I am 15 years old and enjoy all forms of motorsport. I currently own a '85 alfa 33 in the process of being restored. I also am on the RSQKRU, a motorsport event safety crew. We do Rally's, Jetsprints and lots of others.
As this is my 1st online league I look forward to racing with you all :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Trooper on Fri May 13, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

JBR

Post by JBR » Thu May 05, 2005 7:52 pm

Driver Profile: THE ELIMINATOR (JBR)

Race Team: J B Racing
Car Number: 28
Car Make: Chevrolet
Team Sponsors: J & T Design Consulting
Racing History: Currently NZ #24 - This league will be my 6th (6th recorded league) - Also competing in TPTCC League
About Me: I am 34 years young, married to Trish and have 2 children (sophie 14mths) and (Jordon 12 yrs). My family and friends are the most important things to me, find myself very lucky to have such a understanding wife and family. I spend far to much time on computer designing house plans and of course online racing the second best thing in my life.

Other racing Mods ( DTRSC,TOCA TOURING, NASCAR HEAT, F1C)

ULIMATE SPORT NUT :D
Last edited by JBR on Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IF YA CAN FEEL YA HEART BEATING YOUR ALIVE DAM IT

Danman

Post by Danman » Sat May 07, 2005 9:18 pm

Driver Profile: Danman

Race Team: M3 Power
Car Number: 27
Car Make: Dodge
Team Sponsors:
Gillette M3 Power InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics
Racing History: Have been racing online since 2003, competing in the CTS, TPTCC, and V8 leagues in Nascar, and also GPL. Started sim racing with F1GP on the Amiga, been hooked ever since.
About Me: I am 40 years old, married to my wonderfull wife Amanda, and we have one son Matthew who will be 3 in july. I have a home built race seat which annoys the hell out of my wife, and which is soon to be upgraded to a full single seater body and banished to the garage. I travel a lot with work both domestic and international, which means I miss a lot of races - often at very short notice.

storm

Post by storm » Sun May 08, 2005 6:09 pm

Driver Profile: Storm

Race Team:
Car Number: 133
Car Make: Ford
Racing History: Currently NZ #34 - This league will be my 4th

About Me: I am 32 years old living with my partner Daile. We have 3 month daugther named Reese. enjoy all types of computer games, especially multi-player online or at LAN's. I mostly play racing SIM's and love getting out for the odd game of golf.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sun May 08, 2005 7:19 pm

Driver Profile: Flyboy69

Race Team: Team Crazy Frog
Car Number: 969
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics -

Racing History: Currently NZ #14 - This league will be my 8th (6th recorded league) I also compete in the GTR League and was a member of the New Zealand Nascar CTS Team that beat Australia March 2005

About Me: I am 28 years old and I have been married to Rachel for 4 years and we had our first child arrive on the 1st of August this year named Kelsey, who will proberly be giving me a run for my money in the NZNL in a couple of years. I enjoy all types of computer games, especially multi-player games, I mostly play racing SIM's & FPS. My other interests include cars and radio contolled planes and yatchs.
Last edited by Flyboy69 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Wed May 18, 2005 11:47 pm

Driver Profile: Skelo

Race Team: Vengeance Racing
Car Number: 12
Car Make: Chev
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics - Twisted Gaming Systems
Racing History: Currently ranked 12th after completing season 4. A nice increase over my first seasons 35th. Hopefully I can improve some more this time around.

About Me: Like Wraith, I am also 24 years of age. I have a partner (Aimee) who is more than supportive of my gaming hobby, so much so that she has her own online gaming account. Joined this league in an attempt to teach Jetboy a thing or two. :) Makes a change from 3 years of AO and a further 3 of CS. However now World of Warcraft has poked it's head about. Thankfully the weekend and Wednesday race nights drag me away from that!
Last edited by Skelo on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skelo
V Racing

Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Thu May 19, 2005 8:00 pm

Driver Profile: Major Havoc

Race Team: Ping Zero
Car Number: 663
Car Make: Chevy
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics -
Ping Zero

Racing History: This is my first online racing league, although I have played a few racing games at LAN Parties

About Me: I am 33 years of age. I have a Wife (Deonie) and a son who turns one in a week (Taj) hes a dude and sits in my Race Seat with me and grabs the wheel and watches me race.. not during league racing.. although some of you might think that is the case during league nights... I am the hellish FPS fiend and still play Q3A online... I love gaming so much I started my own LAN Party called "Ping Zero".. which a few of the SIMHQ Crew come along to.... I am really waiting for Battlefield 2 to come out. But Wednesday night will always be race night..

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri May 20, 2005 12:18 pm

Driver Profile: Rob C

Race Team: Vengeance Racing
Car Number: 29
Car Make: Chev
Team Sponsors: Vengeance Gaming
Racing History: Way Back When, there was the "Commodore 64", and one of the first "3-D" racing games I had was called (I think) "Pole Position" (with split screen for 2 players) . . . onto the "Commodore Amiga" computers, and Mr Crammonds first version of "Grand Prix" . . . then my first IBM 486 (running at a staggering 33Mhz) and EA started with "Indianapolis 500" (1989) . . . then on thru Papyrus Nascar 1 (1995) . . . up to the current version and their "Grand Prix Legends" (1998) as well . . . they also had an odd, off-road game at one stage (running around in the mud). Apart from Papyrus, there were various UBI Soft Grand Prix, Mr Crammond's later efforts, plus the Ratbag series of games . . . I'm still very fond of their first : "Powerslide" . . . I'm never "competitive" or "aggressive" with my driving online . . . most would say I "Suck", but I just enjoy my online time in my own little way. There have also been the "Toca" series thru Codemasters, and various Rally games, as well as Microsoft's "Monster Truck Racing". Several Motorbike sims as well . . . most notably "GP500". As far as consoles go, I've only ever had a few 4-way racing games on the Playstation 1 with my nephews.

About Me: I'm 47 and single. Never married, no kids. My passion is music and I love collecting LP's (large, shiny, black, plastic things, to you KIDS :D) and CD's of all types of music . . . Mozart to Metallica. Since the introduction of DVD's, I've started collecting them as well . . . again, all styles of movies (from Romance to Sci-Fi Horror) and TV shows ("The Young Ones" to "Stargate") and music ("Andrew Lloyd Webber Concerts" to "Marilyn Manson") . . . so let's just say that my tastes are "eclectic". :D

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Fri May 20, 2005 7:52 pm

Driver Profile: Dick Trickle

Race Team: Monsters
Car Number: 14
Racing History: Participated in a number of Nascar leagues over recent years.

About Me: 31 year old single male. Computer gaming is one of my hobbies and I enjoy in particular racing simulations, an interest which stretches back to early racing games such as F1GP and GP2 on the Amiga and PC respectively.
Last edited by Dick Trickle on Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Monster

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sat May 21, 2005 1:53 pm

Driver Profile: Jetboy

Race Team: [sack] Racing
Car Number: 717
Car Make: Under Development
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Dick Smith Electronics - GamerHQ
Racing History: Been playing racing games on PC's and "other platforms" for a fair few years now, dragged into the online world after meeting a few of the guys at a LAN several years ago and looked like a bit of fun to be had, was racing GTR2002 for quite awhile with Bazz, Happy, Storm and Typhoon competing on GTR Rank on an almost daily basis. Started racing Nascar with the guys from the first few races but work always seemed to get in the way of actually completing a season so tended to just come along and race for fun and see how long I could hook into a draft....well after 5 seasons have finally finished a full season and now with season 6 am running with a full [sack] team and while maybe not outright challenging for the team win we'll give the other teams a hurry up :D

About Me: Just short of the 30 mark and have been working as an Avionics Tech for the past 12 years both here and overseas, have always been interested in new technologies and PC's in general (both for gaming and other purposes which they apparantly have...like work?? ) so after getting invited up to a LAN by a friend and seeing what the whole 'proper' gaming scene was like have gotten stuck right in and now along side Bazz and Stone help run http://www.gamerhq.co.nz which tends to keep me occupied (and gives me an excuse to go and buy all the latest games...for LAN evaluation purposes :p )
Moved down to Wellington to take up a new position working with all 3 Military services in a communications/IT role and the learning curve has left me not a whole lot of time for gaming but things starting to settle down a tad now and managing to find the occasional hour or 3 to get into the VR race seat and get some laps in
Last edited by Jetboy on Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

ThundeRR

Post by ThundeRR » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:29 pm

Driver Profile: ThundeRR

Race Team:
Car Number: 61
Car Make: Dodge Charger
Team Sponsors:
Racing History: This is my first season in the Rookie league
About Me: I am 12 years old. I enjoy all types of computer games, especially multi-player online. I mostly play call of duty I'm looking forward to competing with all my mates and meeting some new drivers over this new season. Good luck to everyone. My dad is in the NASCAR league.

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:09 pm

Driver Profile: Noon416

Currently Racing in: VR Concepts League, Season 3
Race Team: Independent
Car Number: 416
Sponsor: InSPire Net
General History:

Not too much recently, but was a fan "back in the day". :)
Started with "Revs" on the BBC Micro, later moved up to the original Papyrus "Nascar" and "Indycar" back on my 486. Didn't play much after that but thanks to Riven's influence, have been getting back into virtual motorsport and have moved up to online racing.
Thoroughly enjoyed the end of Season 1, and Season 2 & 3 of the VRC League and am looking forward to racing in the main Inspire League for Season 7, and also looking at more participation in other leagues as they arise.

Racing History:
  • VR Concepts League - Season 1 - Partial season
  • VR Concepts League - Season 2 - 6th place overall
  • VR Concepts League - Season 3 - 10th place overall
About Me:
I'm 29 years young, very happily married to Amanda and working in a great job. I am keen on and play pretty much all flavours of PC games from FPS to RPG to RTS to <insert acronym here>, and have done so for many years now across a large number of systems. Future plans include a couple of children, settling into the new house, thrashing the pants off the lot of you. Not necessarily in that order. :D

A big thanks to TonyG for the great skin:
Last edited by Noon416 on Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

DAZA

Post by DAZA » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:27 pm

Last edited by DAZA on Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:30 pm

Driver Profile: Murphy's law

Race Team: Scorpion Racing
Car Number: 51
Car Make: Chevrolet
Team Sponsors: Supercheap Auto
Racing History: Started racing online about a month ago

I've race Radio controlled cars for about 5 years got numerous 2nd and 3rds place Trophies but no 1st

Participated in: this is my first sesion in NZNL

About me: I’m 18 was born in Auckland I move to Christchurch when I was 2. I’m currently studding at CPIT (Christchurch polytec) Hobbies include play hockey, Coaching and playing cricket, r/c racing, Online racing Motorsport (I’m a complete nut when it comes to motorsport if its got a motor and they race it I’ll watch it)
& Ballroom/ Latin dance which I get give plenty of shit for it but its fun so i don't care

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:23 am

Driver Profile: CarnaGe

Occupation: Sports Photographer, Website Development & Company Director.

Car Number: 116
Car Make: FORD
Team Sponsors: SportsWeb Photography
Racing History: Rookie NZNL. Stockcar Heat, progressed from "tosser" to Superstocks (16R).

About Me: I am 44 years young, married to Kim (24yrs) and have 3 Children, two sons, Ben (23) - Malcolm (19) & daughter Jess (17). Enjoy racing on-line and Lans and in between travelling around the country taking photos I try to get as much gaming in as possible.

I am the official photographer for Rally New Zealand and have been for the past 5 years. I am also the track photographer for Rotorua Speedway and Huntly Speedway. My photography takes up a lot of time and my work can be seen here:
SportsWeb Photography - Speedway
Proshotz - Rally, Soccer, Motorsport & General Sports.
Rally NZ
SportsWeb Soccer

I am looking forward to racing in the NZNL after cutting my teeth in the Stockcar community.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:48 pm

Driver Profile: Sulley

Race Team: Monsters Inc.
Car Number: 888
Team Sponsors: InSPire Net - VR Concepts - Sim Central
Racing History: - This league will be my 7th - competed in most of the 6 Nascar Oval leagues, and back after sitting out the last season.

Previous results are nothing to write home about so will not bother, just pride myself on being clean and consistent racer who plays for the team, even at the back of the field.

Also competing in US TPTCC League - Raced in New Zealand TPTCC League and was a member of the New Zealand Nascar CTS Team that beat Australia in both 2005 races.

About Me: I am 41 years young, married to Jill and have 2 daughters, Gabrielle(12) & Caitlin(10). I enjoy all types of computer games, especially car games. I also enjoy getting killed with regularity playing Aces High 2 (thanks Famin you b'stard). I build & service PC's in spare time, especially mine if I play around with stuff too much. Good luck to everyone.

"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"