IMPORTANT- Final Organisers Meeting For Season Four

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Mattly

IMPORTANT- Final Organisers Meeting For Season Four

Post by Mattly » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:37 am

Last chance to make changes to our rules and tracks

Hey everyone, thanks for all your constructive input last night and now we get ready to race in Season Four. Please post here if you have any final comments or concerns regarding the rules and tracks.

Current topics to be discussed

1. Pit giveway rule.
Proposed that cars leaving pit stalls must giveway to cars
already in the pit lane unless they will be unaffected by you.

2. Eightbowl
Proposed that this track causes disconnects and should not be run.

3. Tyre Wear
Proposed we reduce tyre wear so cars not so disadvantaged after been
caught up in a ding. Currently it's possible to cook the tyre after one
good slide.

4. Number of tracks
Proposed we reduce to 10 tracks. Last commitee vote was strongly in
favour of 12 reaces, but have your say.

After the final racing regulations and track choices are released we ask your full support and that you understand that choices have been made only after lengthy discussion and in what the organisers believe are the best interests of the league. Good Luck to all Teams and Drivers
Last edited by Mattly on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:18 am

How many disconnets were there at eight bowl because if it is only one or two then i would also like to raise concerns about michigan as i have had my only disconnet at that track. i understand if i am the only one with issues with this track then that is my tough luck because i dont believe a track should be removed from the schedule because 1 or 2 people have issues......we would never agree on 12 tracks otherwise.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:18 pm

Big Al. After last 8-bowl I think it was around 1/4 of the field had a CTD. That was the impression I got when I was complaining about it at the end of the race with several people. I talked with Inspector about it at the time and he agreed it shouldn't be run again so he either noticed the problem or he was nodding politely while looking for the mute button. Either Inspectors very forgetful, the rest of the committe didn't listen to him or it's a big ferk you at me :p

You can scratch that last option but I was extremely pissed when I saw it on the track list. 8-bowl had a history of causing crashes before the nascar patch was released which supposedly fixed it. It obviously didn't fixit and the problem isn't and wasn't restricted to opengl as they said and garahah. Big anger issue for me. I love driving round the track. Hell I had pole there last season but it makes me so angry. If it stays in the best I'll do is one lap for last place points. If I'm forced to race longer than that I'm likely to snap at the first ctd come back in and park in the middle of the track (I obviously wouldn't actually but that's the level of garahahahhhhrrharaa5432&^$@**& factor :p)

I don't like the reduction in tire wear but I can go with it if that's how you guys feel it should be. Mainly because I make up a lot fo time pitting ;).

It'll be good for the guys that don't bother to practise their pits and bad for those of us that have an accident and gain 3/4 places a pit stop getting back up the field. And of course pit stops break up the race a bit.

Pitting is fine and makes sense. I'd like to propose people use the pitlane properly. Hold the pit speed rather than crawling along 5-15mph below it and stayed in the correct lanes. ie Use the outside lane when at speed and transfer to the inside lane only when slowing to enter and exit their stall but you can't enforce it and people don't bother practising driving in the pits so I'm just in lala dreamland.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

M

Post by M » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:27 pm

Biggest pit problem is definitely people going too slow and not using the lanes.

Give way rule can be tricky - if people aren't in the right lanes then this rule goes out the window, i.e., if someone is in the inside lane then you would need to give way, but this is based on the assumption that the car is about to stop and so a car just ahead that is about to exit will have every reason to think he has clearance to go. This should result in a penalty against the approaching driver, likewise if someone loses time for waiting unnecessarily due to entering the inside lane early or staying on the inside when exiting. Same applies to cars that fail to let in an exiting driver to the outside lane when the exiting driver is up to speed.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:29 pm

When we last ran at 8-bowl, most of the problems where caused by very rare network issues Inspire was having at the time, but also there were a few CTD's. 1/4 of the field may have had problems, but most of this was network related rather than CTD's.

Im more than happy to have another race at 8-bowl, partly being due to my only race win was there last season :D I do quite like the track, but it is known to cause CTD's for some people so will not mind if it is removed.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:31 pm

To me the pit rule is a simple one. Cars in there stalls cannot move out if it affects cars coming down the lane regardless. Do your pit , look in the mirror and if you can pull out without slowing anyone GO!!!. If pulling out affects another driver DONT!!!
It shouldn't matter if driver is entering or leaving the pits.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:38 pm

one of the most frequent comments last season was people not slowing for dings, i say keep tyre wear at 2x and this may cause people to drive with more caution knowing that a spin will most likely result in a pitstop, even though i totally suck at pitstops i do believe they are a very important part of the race strategy and those who do them well deserve to have that advantage.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:48 pm

Bold wrote:When we last ran at 8-bowl, most of the problems where caused by very rare network issues Inspire was having at the time, but also there were a few CTD's.
It was CTD'ing with the same frequency for the 2 days of practise before the race as well.

Agreed M. The application of the rule in a blanket fashion across all lanes can cause an extreme disadvantage to someone that gets unlucky and is blocked in by several cars entering the pits. A couple of seconds in the pits is a lot of track time.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:12 pm

At this rate the next season will start in July. :)
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:17 pm

Or may next year :>
Wah Wah Wah

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:38 pm

you still need to be on the right hand side if you've pitted :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.