New Zealand Racing League - Race 1 - InSPire.Net Daytona BR

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

New Zealand Racing League - Race 1 - InSPire.Net Daytona BR

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:20 pm

Daytona BR Hardcore

ImageImage

Since 1959, Daytona International Speedway has hosted the Daytona 500, now the culmination of a two-week festival of speed known as Speedweeks. In early July, the track hosts the night-time running of the Pepsi 400. In addition to Busch Series and Craftsman Truck events, the track also hosts the sports-car Rolex 24 at Daytona, and motorcycle and karting events. Courtesy of Nascar.com

Now New Zealand has found their way across the water to sunny Florida where the weather is hot and so are the beaches. As the season is set to begin, we have made to move to Cup Cars for our 4th Season. The dust has settled from last season and there are some drivers out to prove that our worthy of podium finishes. There has been some new teams formed to give Team DuDs a run for the team championship. Will the Monsters find their way out of the dark to reclaim what they have lost; will the dark forces bring Team Voda to the front of the pack. How about the engine of Team Google, will they search their way through the field and bring home the championship. Then there are the pretty boys of SimTV with their newly signed driver of Snake Rogers, can they begin to put the oil in their cars instead of their hair. With Vengeance Racing becoming more organize this season with the teamwork payoff. And finally Team Marine, with last years individual champion Odie bring this team together and be the “First to Fightâ€Â
Odie

famin

Post by famin » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:07 pm

Is this the night daytona br as posted on the simracerhq files page?
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:56 pm

No Brett it is the DaytonaBR Hardcore that is available at SimRacerHQ
Odie

storm

Post by storm » Tue May 03, 2005 6:34 pm

anyone practicing later tonite

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue May 03, 2005 6:47 pm

storm wrote:anyone practicing later tonite
Yeah I should be out there as soon as I get off work and drive home.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed May 04, 2005 10:39 am

May I suggest a 5 minute Happy Hour tonight after qualifying to allow a photo shoot, for the beginning of the season and new skins by all ?
YouTube videos

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed May 04, 2005 11:46 am

Prometheus wrote:May I suggest a 5 minute Happy Hour tonight after qualifying to allow a photo shoot, for the beginning of the season and new skins by all ?

Roger that, I'll organise that with Riven.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed May 04, 2005 12:26 pm

Ta.

I'm just after one shot - everyone lined up across the start/finish line but we'll need to drive it with an iron fist (or claw) to make sure people do this properly, and also don't smoke it up cuase it'll look a bit crappy like.
YouTube videos

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 04, 2005 12:56 pm

RACE DAY BABY! :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 04, 2005 1:22 pm

I suggest to make it longer than 5 mins; this will allow for everyone to get positioned.
Odie

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed May 04, 2005 1:59 pm

51 - Drivers signed up for this league at SimRacerHQ.

I suggest that if you are a rookie or a new driver to this league then turn up at 7.00pm and practice and then race in the 20% Rookie League race at 7.45pm. The practice will be very important and if the server is full (43 players) for the main race, priority will be given to the drivers from last season. If this happens, and the server is full each week you will have to compete in the rookie league to earn a place in the main league, so if I were you I would be taking the rookie league very seriously because this may be the only way to gain entry to the premiere league.

Head over to SimRacerHQ and get signed up for the Rookie League because if you are not signed up you will not score points and therefore won't have a rating for us to base promotion on.

You are not excluded from this if your are a member of a current team! All rookies, whether a member of any current team will still be left out if there are not enough spots. So if you are a team captain/manager and have a rookie in your team you should ensure they attend the rookie race.

Also note that we have 51 drivers signed up at SimRacerHQ but still only 23 profiles in the New Zealand Nascar Drivers Profile Thread. Maybe we should restrict entry to the server based upon whether you have put up a profile? Come on guys, lift your act.
Inspector

---

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 04, 2005 2:09 pm

Crikey!

:eek:
Don't make me destroy you.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 04, 2005 2:10 pm

How about you start with anyone who has signed up and failed to read the rules as evidenced by using a number under 50 without the owners permission O_o

I know some of them have the owners permission but there are a number of names in there I don't recognise. If they haven't read the rules they won't know they aren't supposed to be using them and need slapping for not reading the rules. If they have read the rules and are too stupid to understand them we'll be better off if they ain't on the track. :p
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 04, 2005 2:26 pm

What do we do the first time we have over 43 drivers sign onto the server to race?

Here is my suggestion; Once we get to that point we look in the Top 25 in points are automatically allowed to race. This will leave to with 10 positions to fill. You may ask, well that only adds up to 35. You are correct genius, but I would say that there be provisionals for past champions :D, and our sponsors (Riven for InSPire, Ron for SimRacerHQ, Prom for SimTV and Typhoon for VRConcepts) I can't remember who was responsbile for Dick Smith, but they would have a spot too.

Now if a sponsor or past Champion is in the top 25, then that will free up more qualifying spots.

Just my 2 YEN worth.
Odie

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Wed May 04, 2005 2:39 pm

Inspector wrote: The practice will be very important and if the server is full (43 players) for the main race, priority will be given to the drivers from last season. If this happens, and the server is full each week you will have to compete in the rookie league to earn a place in the main league, so if I were you I would be taking the rookie league very seriously because this may be the only way to gain entry to the premiere league.
Um . . . will get a bit confusing if some guys join the practice session in the wrong car, jump out and come back in again (taking up 2 of the 43 spots) . . . or if new drivers jump on first and fill up the spots . . . then the next driver [from last season] who tries to join will see the grid as "full" and won't be able to get on to show that they want to race ? . . . I guess that will mean that we'll all have to have Ventrillo in that case ?
Inspector wrote: and get signed up for the Rookie League because if you are not signed up you will not score points and therefore won't have a rating for us to base promotion on.
But existing drivers aren't allowed to RACE in the Rookie League, correct ? . . . there were over 50 drivers registered last season but only 46 are listed in the points scoring as having entered any races . . . 5 of whom only came to one race (for various reasons) . . . so does that mean that the first 43 from last season are guaranteed a run each week (if everyone turns up, that is) ? . . . and that those who came after that, will have to be in the Rookie League and actually RACE ?

Maybe there needs to be some way of each driver letting the admin know if they intend to race on the day of each race ? . . . I know that's getting cumbersome, but it's great to see so much interest in your league.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed May 04, 2005 2:42 pm

Feck ! D: 51 drivers signed up ! Man, that's a bit of an increase on last year.

I wonder what the % is of people who have signed up, but aren't regular users to this forum ? While we discuss and come up with plans, etc, are there many people who sign and just turn up ?

What's the capacity / plan for Ventrillo ?
YouTube videos

famin

Post by famin » Wed May 04, 2005 2:48 pm

Is the definition of a rookie just someone who didnt race in the last (truck based) season?

In that case I better sign up for rookie-dom . :D
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed May 04, 2005 2:56 pm

Quite a few of those names are leftovers from season 3 I believe, Ron has just changed the layout, there were only 36 or so yesterday :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed May 04, 2005 3:07 pm

There are a couple of drivers in there who are not racing, but and have not resigned in. Horris has not joined rejoined, but was signed up for the trucks, so we might be about on the money.

More exposure and this could get even better. Good thing that you fellas runnin this are on the ball!!!!! :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Post by Guest » Wed May 04, 2005 3:46 pm

TonyG wrote:Quite a few of those names are leftovers from season 3 I believe, Ron has just changed the layout, there were only 36 or so yesterday :)
to my knowledge there are actually no new drivers that have signed up recently, apart from marty.

i will change the script to show only the drivers that have edited their info for season 4.

odies qual idea is a good one, if we get over 43 drivers.

the final spots could be decided on tuesday with a live qual run, (like vrw does odie)

as far as the joining with the wrong car, that should carry a penelty nowm cause it stuffs the server for other drivers, also with only all nascar leagues using the same mod, you shouldnt have that problem anymore, thou i still have the problem of the player defaulting everytime i start the game, but i have workrd out the cause of that.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed May 04, 2005 4:42 pm

famin wrote:Is the definition of a rookie just someone who didnt race in the last (truck based) season?

In that case I better sign up for rookie-dom . :D
How is a Rookie defined?? I raced last season but would still classify myself a rookie ( my results will back me up on this :) )
I noticed Wraith is listed as a Rookie but he raced in 5 races last season, wide load a teammate of mine raced in 7, only two more than wraith but he is not listed as a rookie?
i think it would be a good rule that the status Rookie last for 2 seasons...season one to learn the required skills and season two to put those skills into practice and by season 3 you should be challanging for the title :D

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed May 04, 2005 4:54 pm

Rookies should only be drivers who did not paticipate in most of the last series. That would allow for drivers who have one or two drives and decide they wish to join for the next full season.

my 2 pasata's

P>S and NO Famin you are not a rookie. You have raced in previous series and how about a bit of Pride eh? O_o
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 04, 2005 5:22 pm

The VRW way is a great way to do it. Talk about the intensity.

For those who do not know.....VRW does a random draw for all drivers for what order they would qualify in. An admin would call your number to the track and at the time you will enter the practice session you will be given the green/white flag, then the checker. Immediately after the checker flag was flown you were to pull off the track and the next car went. You would run through the whole field. Everyone was required to be on the server.

If you didn't make the cut you did not race that week.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 04, 2005 5:41 pm

It would be a good way to do it Odie but I think it would be very time consuming and a lot of work for the admins, aka you :p
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 04, 2005 5:52 pm

It is time consuming and we may not have to go that route, but if we have to, I have no problems on calling numbers for the series and telling everyone to be on NASCAR chat. I would recommend that if you like silence during your qual run that you stay off ventrillo, that way the other drivers can entertain themselves.
Odie