Kiwi Drivers NZ-AUSSIE Practice Race

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Fri May 06, 2005 11:36 pm

Prometheus wrote:Oh dear. As noted in the Aus forums.
cronic wrote:Well, since I've been looked over for the rematch by the kiwi selectors despite finishing in the top ten overall last outing, I'd be keen to race for you aussies if there's a spot available.
O_o is the obligatory reply isn't it ? :D
How could a real kiwi ever consider racing for the aussie team :Puke:
Wah Wah Wah

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri May 06, 2005 11:45 pm

If a driver that has been left out of the NZ team because of his actions in the NZ League gets picked for the Australian Team then I certainly won't be involved in the event.

Judging by the attitude shown by the Aussie organisers during the last event and the build up to this one I don't see it as being an issue though.
Inspector

---

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Sat May 07, 2005 12:07 am

Snake Rogers wrote:How could a real kiwi ever consider racing for the aussie team :Puke:
My mum is from aussie. ;p

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat May 07, 2005 12:20 am

cronic wrote:Well, since I've been looked over for the rematch by the kiwi selectors despite finishing in the top ten overall last outing, I'd be keen to race for you aussies if there's a spot available.
Interesting.. I never knew the Cronic had applied to be in the Kiwi team even?

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat May 07, 2005 12:38 am

Riven wrote:
Interesting.. I never knew the Cronic had applied to be in the Kiwi team even?
lol
Wah Wah Wah

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Sat May 07, 2005 1:29 am

I did say I was available. ;p

I don't really expect to get a spot on the aussie team except if they are short of drivers or something.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat May 07, 2005 1:48 am

Cronik didn't apply, Dick Trickle did.

I know they are one of the same, just wanted to point that out.
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sat May 07, 2005 11:20 am

I bet you Dick Trickle knows all the words for Australian anthem even ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:56 am

Dick Trickle wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:How could a real kiwi ever consider racing for the aussie team :Puke:
My mum is from aussie. ;p
That explains alot then.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sat May 07, 2005 12:47 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:I did say I was available. ;p

I don't really expect to get a spot on the aussie team except if they are short of drivers or something.
We dont have a record of how Dick Trickle drives, he's never been in a race with us yet.

If you were to announce you intentions to race, and also announced that you were Cronic, maybe things might have turned out better.

Just my thoughts...

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Sat May 07, 2005 1:47 pm

I'll be there for Practice

Post by Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 2:19 pm

Only current Nascar League drivers are eligiable for the trans tasman series race 2, cronik nor dick are registered as a current driver

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Sat May 07, 2005 3:01 pm

ronwest wrote:Only current Nascar League drivers are eligiable for the trans tasman series race 2, cronik nor dick are registered as a current driver
That's cool, I don't mind sitting this one out.

Wood

Post by Wood » Sat May 07, 2005 6:02 pm

I probably will be able to make it tonight, 9pm at the absolute earliest, I'd like to race tonight if there is room, but I don't want to kick anyone off who's been there from the begining. :)

Edit: Now that I actually read the first post, if the practice starts at 9pm then i'll be able to make it no problem

will the proper race kick off at 10nz like tonight?
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Danman

Post by Danman » Sat May 07, 2005 10:55 pm

Oh its fun being on dial up. 9.30 (having just got home from work) discovered I didn't have the track. Did a search and downloaded DaytonaBR, then discovered it still wasn't the right one, downloaded the correct track in time to see the last lap.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun May 08, 2005 10:32 am

So what are your comments on lag for last night's NZ +2 AUS practice?

There seemed to be a few complaints and UnbounD took me out within site of the flag due to lag (don't know whether it was me or him that lagged)- bloody SimTV driver :D it was almost as bad as a Monster knocking me out of the lead :p :p

Bit of a fun night had by all, was there supposed to be another team there?? :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun May 08, 2005 11:05 am

the lag wasn't too bad, the cars were all a bit jumpier, and on the odd occasion the car infront lagged a bit.

I think it shouldn't be too bad as long as we leave bigger gaps between our cars in the draft to allow for lag.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun May 08, 2005 11:43 am

Is there a cunning plan regarding the paint schemes and numbering ?
YouTube videos

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 08, 2005 12:01 pm

Yeah sorry about that TongG :)
I biffed a few ppl last night. Most of the contacts seemed very random to me. There is definatly a deference to the Inspire server. One can not run as close as we normally do. That part of the test was very useful.

Go Team Ozzstrailea. Nice commitment!
"Run Yasmine Run"

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sun May 08, 2005 1:00 pm

UnbounD wrote:Go Team Ozzstrailea. Nice commitment!
Now now . . . the Aussie team IS in a different situation to you . . you guys are all in the same NZ league and race and practice with each other week in, week out . . . whereas the Aussie team is made up of guys from various leagues and clubs . . . some of whom have never even met before.

That's not an excuse . . . just an insight.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun May 08, 2005 1:08 pm

rob_c wrote:
UnbounD wrote:Go Team Ozzstrailea. Nice commitment!
Now now . . . the Aussie team IS in a different situation to you . . you guys are all in the same NZ league and race and practice with each other week in, week out . . . whereas the Aussie team is made up of guys from various leagues and clubs . . . some of whom have never even met before.

Sorry Rob but your fellow aussies need to get there shite together.
It was rather important that we tested your server out last night.

Thank you australia for wasting our time last night
:p
Wah Wah Wah

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun May 08, 2005 2:03 pm

haha, ease up snake ;p

Rob it might be an idea to set up a mail list for the ausies that will be in the league, then announcments can be made through that and you can easily find out how many people would be able to turn up and race :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Sun May 08, 2005 2:10 pm

Sorry Snake, don't agree... the test last night would have been nicer with 20 Aussie Truckers, but they weren't there.

The test was to allow team Kiwi mostly to lap around and guage the differences ping wise and get a feel for the server. As far as load testing the server, its been loaded, tested and it'll handle 40 Trucks without a drama.

You're pings are going to be a little higher away from home, but its certainly quite a bit better than before. And before there's any bitching let me just point out this new server and host is costing the ASRG real money, members money, so we've done absolutely all we can do to make the race as fair for both sides as possible...

Also don't read too much into the no show by team OZ last night... I've been giving them a bit of a rev, so they'll be right to go next Saturday.

I also noticed last night not everyone was staying below the yellow until the back straight out of the pits last night, please remember to use 90% power and make your way right around this turn before re entering the track next week.

Also if you've spun and are on the track, get out of the way as quickly as humanly possible, you should have F2 up and showing you the distance to the following group, look at that and get off the line.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Sun May 08, 2005 2:12 pm

rob_c wrote:Now now . . . the Aussie team IS in a different situation to you . . you guys are all in the same NZ league and race and practice with each other week in, week out . . . whereas the Aussie team is made up of guys from various leagues and clubs . . . some of whom have never even met before.

To me that would mean that it's even more important for as many as possible to show up for a practise race.

I've already made my angry post last night and deleted it hopefully before anyone saw it. The short version is don't say there will be a practise race if the ozzies aren't going to make it. If all you want is us to connect to the server at some time and see what our pings are like say that. Don't say there will be two practise races as well. Practise races need 2 sides when we're practising for team vs. team match.

I made a comitment to the NZ team and a practise was set so I showed up despite having other things I wanted to be doing. I made time for the practise and so did all the rest of the NZ team who could.

(Edit: On the subject of latency. My ping was fine and everyone's were about what I'd have expected for a server across the ditch. My problem was about 10% packet loss and the occasional spikes. From my point of view I could still drive it although it was a bit scarey at times. I'm more concerned abot how safe the rest of the NZ guys felt driving around me. If I was too dodgey hopefully some of the reserves will be on hand during the practise next weekend. That way if you guys think my connection is too bad you can pull one of them in _b )
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 08, 2005 2:40 pm

Perhaps then last nights "event" was incorrectly advertised to us. Had we known what was going on, we could have done this at anytime during Saturday and Gone Out, or what ever. 10pm was the time advertised so that Ozzies could join in.......

You can see why we are more than a little miffed.

No matter, it just steels Team NZs resolve to Win Next Weekend.
"Run Yasmine Run"