New Zealand Racing League - Race 2 - ODonohue MichiganBR

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed May 11, 2005 11:03 pm

Sorry to my team mates tonight, I was going really well in pratice and was hoping for a big race but it didnt happen. started off with my qualify of 39sec I was doing faster than that with yellow tyres :eek: so can only put it down to calibration problems as i was doing 37.7-37.9 in pratice qualify.

Sorry to Ron for that first pitstop i thought my pitbox was in front of you so when you didnt stop i got caught out and totally stuffed it.

oh well hopefully better luck next week.

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed May 11, 2005 11:07 pm

Big Al wrote:Sorry to my team mates tonight,
No problem big all. Overall Team google is doing "ok". Only the 2nd race so 10 more to go.. Not bad for a new team with 3 ex-rookies in it I reckon
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 11, 2005 11:09 pm

A good nights racing out there, from what I saw dings were rare and the wide track made them avoidable. :)

A lot of help from Bold's draft after my final stop alowed me to leapfrog Odie and Trickly Dick, and that draft allowed me to still turn resonable times on shitty tyres.

Good race all round for the Monsters, 1st place in points ain't bad. Come on DuD's lift ya game ;p
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed May 11, 2005 11:10 pm

mikool wrote:
Big Al wrote:Sorry to my team mates tonight,
No problem big all. Overall Team google is doing "ok". Only the 2nd race so 10 more to go.. Not bad for a new team with 3 ex-rookies in it I reckon
Yeah we are going ok. _b I should have done better after getting on the 2nd row for the race. Still at least I finished this race.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed May 11, 2005 11:16 pm

Wood wrote:Come on DuD's lift ya game ;p
Bastards ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed May 11, 2005 11:22 pm

My first ding free race. I'm loving it, great race guys. Nice run at the end Happy, my heart was pumping trying to turn faster laps to close the gaps. Really fun race.

Bring on the NZ vs Aussie race!!!!

Is it Saturday yet??????

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu May 12, 2005 2:23 am

Really enjoyed it . . . the high groove made for some great 2 (& 3 !) Wide racing.

And I fully agree that the wider tracks make life so much easier (and fun). . . there's a new, wider Darlington around . . . that might now be an enjoyable run.

I have to apologize to Arron Foster . . . I was following my teammate (and you) on the high line into T3, when he suddenly slowed so I went low, only to find your car going even slower on the low line and I punted you.

Maybe you were slowing to Pit and I didn't see your text message . . . but if you were pitting, then I would have thought that you'd be low before T3 . . . anyway . . . my fault for hitting you . . . really sorry. :(

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu May 12, 2005 8:51 am

just wait for kansas :p That'll be a good ding up.
Boom Boom !

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu May 12, 2005 9:58 am

I had a good race, got caught in a couple of incidents, it's hard to see through all that smoke sometimes :D , so lost a few places.
Pretty impressed overall with the standard of everyone's driving, the BR tracks give you a bit more latitude in the corners so passing or being passed is not the "hold your breath and hope he doesn't take you out" scenario it used to be

As Bazz says, Kansas will be a different story, it's the smallest track of the season, learn your lines ;p

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu May 12, 2005 10:47 am

Well the 2nd half of that race was a shocker on my part with some unforced errors killing my chances.

Apologies to Bazz for that incident, it started a while earlier if I remember right and I was up against the wall backwards waiting for a gap when someone ploughed into me (unsure why he was so far off the race line) and was forced out onto the racing line....but yes I should have got hold of reverse quicker and got off there.

I did love the Rookie race however and was having a good race with Gregory at the front till I lost it trying to avoid someone elses accident, pity was looking to be a good race to the finish.

One big gripe I had with the Rookie race however was with Gareth Robinson, please read the Rookie race rules mate, you were all over me for alot of that race sticking your nose up everywhere when I was racing with Gregory, no biggie but you were scaring the hell outta me.

Oh well onwards to the next one.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu May 12, 2005 10:51 am

Again I have to apologies to Prom, I know I did this last night in Ventrillo, but I feel horrible when an incidnet occurs and my car is the reason.

Like I was saying in Ventrillo, I thought there was enough room on the high side of the tri-oval, it seemed my car drifted a little bit and then the online collision took over and I saw your car go spinning. All I was thinking after that was f$%k, what the hell did I just do.

Again sorry to Prom and SimTV.

It was a good race, we saw 2 different methods of pitting being used and some different pit entries too. Anyway Wood was able to catch a draft which allowed him to maintain the lead he had.

Nice win wood.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu May 12, 2005 12:14 pm

My bad luck continued to race 2. When the race was restarted my wheel went out of calibration by about 30 degrees to the right. Unfortunately I didn't really notice until we'd been runnnig a few laps. I then realised I was having to hold the wheel at about 50% to the right to hold a straight line on the back straight. Not great, damn uncomfortable but I wasn't having too much trouble holding my position with the lead bunch so I didn't worry too much.

I got caught up on Flyboy spining across the track a bit latter, not his fault Live M punted him in the corner. Sadly it looked like I had managed to get past below Fly but his car bounced of the wall like a bloody Tigger on Steroids and came right across the track into me. Ironically if I hadn't slowed I would have made it. If you don't put in a protest Flyboy I will be.

Just to confirm with protests... do the organisers want us submitting a cut of the replay from our own replay or from the server replay. Given you already have access to the server replay I'm assuming you want a cut from our own replay?

So a little while latter the tale of Eagle's woes continues as I exit the pits a car mysteriously ploughs into the side of me driven by another M3 Power driver, Pat Lynch. Who it seems managed to loose control of his car all on his loansome exiting turn 2 and came crashing down into me through my blindspot while I was sitting low on the track. Really didn't know what was going on there but I was cursing away quite happily for a fair while after that.

This is when the minimal right turning ability became very apparent. The resulting spin from Pat hitting me knocked all my tires down about 10%. Probably would have been ok at temp but cold the back stepped out and I didn't have enough right lock to be able to correct. Unfortunately I wasn't able to fix the calibration problem when I pitted and lost it myself one more time for the same reason slowing to avoid slow traffic in one of the corners latter in the race.

All in all I'm pretty happy :ffs:

The rest of the season can't get any worse :p
Last edited by Eagle32 on Thu May 12, 2005 1:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu May 12, 2005 12:25 pm

Thats odd.. I decided to check my calibration before the race last night and it took 3 attempts before it would recognise the full range of the wheel.. Dont know what was going on there, but it was fine for the race :)

I had a fairly good race overall, only got caught in one ding which was pretty much unavoidable but got going again fairly quickly and only lost 2 or 3 places.

I thought overall the race was fairly clean and generally everyone left room for other cars. There were one or two drivers who were verey impatient though and just had to drive 2 wide around every corner whenever there was another car near them.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 12, 2005 12:25 pm

rob_c wrote:Really enjoyed it . . . the high groove made for some great 2 (& 3 !) Wide racing.

And I fully agree that the wider tracks make life so much easier (and fun). . . there's a new, wider Darlington around . . . that might now be an enjoyable run.

I have to apologize to Arron Foster . . . I was following my teammate (and you) on the high line into T3, when he suddenly slowed so I went low, only to find your car going even slower on the low line and I punted you.

Maybe you were slowing to Pit and I didn't see your text message . . . but if you were pitting, then I would have thought that you'd be low before T3 . . . anyway . . . my fault for hitting you . . . really sorry. :(
If that was the big accident I had when I ended up standed in the middle of the track and playing nascar pinball, well not reviewed reply so no real comments, I wasn't pitting I was just slow, consistently so, so it was only a matter of time mate. :o

Sorry to all being slow to get outta the road in that one, the width of track and multiple lines made it even harder than usual to get to safety as cars would approach and fly past at all angles and nowhere was safe. On other track in same scenario I've had the safety of the wall to hug and wait for the opportunity to safely cross the racing line (singular). :(

Of more concern were the no of times I had to take evasive action to avoid accidents by passing moves put on me, maybe due in no small part to the above scenario of being too damn slow and in the middle of the track.

On one ocassion that sticks out was having to drive into the wall when cut off by passing cars before turn three. :(

Maybe just racing incidents, I'll look at replay but suspect they are not worth the trouble of protest, maybe if I didn't take evasive action and allowed the accident to happen there would be more too it but that's a negative approach that I don't subcribe to. O_o

Big thanks to Famin for backing out on ocassion when I was slow into corners and you took cautious approach to safely pass. Ran a few laps together and there was no probs. ;)

Finally big ups to Monsters, well done, awesome efforts throughout on the night and overall a great comeback from last week. That teams comp is gonna be very up and down and exiting all thru the season I suspect. _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu May 12, 2005 1:06 pm

Thanks Odie. Yeah, it's just a game. ;)

But 8th to 38th in 10 seconds doesn't make for a fun night. So I decided to continue driving and stay out of everyone's way, letting everyone and their Nana overtake me.

You could say I was only out driving for the sponsors !

Oh well, onwards to next week.
YouTube videos

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu May 12, 2005 1:15 pm

I had a shocker and then i couldn't see properly because the salt in my tears was making me squint. My team mates were saying " now mattly it's alright, you can handle this" and i'd like to thank them for there support. I tryed to be strong and i apologise to TonyG if my hanky got caught on your windshield wiper. It blew off the dash in turn 3 after i reached down to get my snowtex tissue box out from under the brake pedal. ;(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu May 12, 2005 1:43 pm

lol mattly, bit of a disaster there ;p

Eagle you need to cut your incident from the server replay, unless there is no way possible that any lag what soever no matter how big would have made a difference.

and we don't go searching through the server replay for each incident, that is why you need to submit a cut.
Boom Boom !

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu May 12, 2005 2:03 pm

Don't worry Mattly, you weren't the only one who had another shitty race (thanks to M3 Power again....).

So we can cry together if you like?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Inspector

---

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu May 12, 2005 2:27 pm

Inspector wrote:Don't worry Mattly, you weren't the only one who had another shitty race (thanks to M3 Power again....).

So we can cry together if you like?
M3 Power is meant to proved a CLOSE SHAVE, because it's never good to have an accident with one, things get bloody :D :D :D

M

Post by M » Thu May 12, 2005 2:41 pm

That's right! Don't try cutting in front of M3 Power! Silly, silly DuD. Blood everywhere. ;p

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu May 12, 2005 2:58 pm

Don't you mean don't drive in front of one, "Full Stop"?

They don't know how to lift off and avoid hitting you, especially when they are in 35th place and racing with 15th & 16th place! :ffs:
Inspector

---

M

Post by M » Thu May 12, 2005 3:23 pm

You were all over the road like a drunk! I'd managed to avoid hitting you several times as you swerved down in front of me but that time you slowed down too fast as well as vering onto my line. There was no way I could turn any sharper that I was or slow down faster once you drove into my path.

I think you did the same thing trying to beat me into the pits. O_o

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu May 12, 2005 3:37 pm

I was battling with 15th place, trying my best to find a line to successfully overtake him.

If you weren't aware of that then you should try using the F2 key like everyone else and if you were aware that we were fighting for position and you were more than a lap and 20 positions down on us and you still continued to charge at my back bumper everytime I tried to cut under under Gareth then you deserve the reputation you have gained.
Inspector

---

M

Post by M » Thu May 12, 2005 3:41 pm

If you want to pass him I suggest next time observing why other cars are going so much faster than you and following suit. Your methodology looked like trying save tyres, not passing. You were far too slow around the corners. The only reason there weren't ten cars between you and 15th was because you kept blocking them.

If you want to get personal, don't be on the committee.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu May 12, 2005 3:52 pm

FFS - I wasn't blocking you, I was trying to pass the car in front, we were having a great battle, and if you hadn't hit me I might have eventually worked out the best line to "PASS" him without "HITTING" him or he might have succumbed to the pressure and made a mistake allowing me to overtake. You see I backed off or drove different lines in an effort to overtake him without causing an accident!!!!!! This is called racing.

What you did is hit a car in front of you that you had been following for a number of laps and could see that I was taking different lines every corner in an effort to overtake the car in front. Any intelligent driver would have steered clear of an erratic driver instead of charging at his back bumper on every corner. From the talk on Ventrilo I wasn't the only driver who got in your way in that race as well!!
Inspector

---