Nascar CTS League - Race 1 Daytona Int Speedway (Night)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Nascar CTS League - Race 1 Daytona Int Speedway (Night)

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:29 am

Race 1 of the Nascar CTS League - Daytona International Speedway

80 Laps around the world famous Oval under the lights. Being the first race of the season competition for the 5 bonus points to the winner of the pole position will be a full on battle with every driver qualifying, the only time this will happen in the league.

Daniel Wood starts the season as the defending champion and the hot favourite for not only honours in the first race, but for the season overall, but with his connection problems seemingly continuing from last year and the steady pressure from drivers like Happy, Snake Rogers, Bazzil and Bold his title is far from safe. An oustanding performance from bman and his new team member Mattly in the warm up race at Ozark may indicate some more challenges at the top of the field and this reporter was impressed with the showing made by Eagle 32 in the same race and there is no doubt the DuD's team crown is under threat from the Monsters team this season.

Once again our friends from over the seas in Japan join us and with his new baby safely arrived I'm sure Odie will be back grabbing podium finishes again and the steady improvement Jay made last year as a rookie will see the new Team Marvel leading contenders in the Anime battle!!

We welcome all new drivers to the league, noteably Big AL who drove well in the warm up race and would have to be a leading contender for the rookie points this year but the new MLC driver Mikool has started to show early form as well so the rookie battle will be a good one, and it was great to see Chequers back on the track and in the action again.

The organisers and our sponsors, InSPire Net & VR Concepts would like to wish all the best of luck for the season and we would like you to remember that this league is about the drivers and having fun. If you have a good idea or a gripe, please give us feedback so we can improve and resolve issues. :)

Last edited by Inspector on Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:42 am, edited 6 times in total.
Inspector

---

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:10 pm

Team DuD = 0 Points so far

Team MLC = 0 Points so far

Penalty points

Ugly car = minus 5 points
Ugly drivers = minus 5 points

Looks to me like Team DuD are in the lead.....
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:40 pm

heh, I havent met any of the MLC people but id say DuD are already down quite a few points with all those penalties ;p

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:18 pm

Bold
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:40 pm Post subject:
heh, I havent met any of the MLC people but id say DuD are already down quite a few points with all those penalties Poke Tongue
You've meet Mikool you nod, remeber a few weeks ago, you played with his balls with a long hard shaft

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:24 pm

don't you remeber bold... I had my balls on the table so you could play with them with your shaft...

how could you forget... they are big balls, your shaft was really long and hard

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:36 pm

Yes I was there too to witness you cracking his balls.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:46 pm

[moderator hat on]This is the Daytona Nascar race thread and is read by quite a few young animated characters - don't make me "Disco" you......[moderator hat off]

They are talking about the pool night we had at the end of last year for Happy and Bazz's wedding ann.....I mean birthday.
Inspector

---

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:55 pm

I see the seasons off to a cracking start >8D
:>

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:48 pm

I thought it was pool too. Jeez Inspector, thanks for lowering the tone.

:D

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:49 pm

yus, inspector is a dirty bastard isn't he.
:>

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:16 pm

Hahaha, terribly sorry I forgot you were MLC... theres definately some ugly driver penalties there then..

Serious Note: Tip About Daytona

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:31 pm

Often at Daytona, more than once you will see two cars get together on the back straight, generally one drifts into the other, or they both drift together.

This tends to happen because either or both drivers relax a little, causing the drift, or you kinda lose your visual reference, and instead of running a staight line, you drfit off at a angle.

I ripped fly and inspector last year doing just that, and seen it happen a few other times.
happens more when drivers use cockpit or roof cam ,and the car beside you is just out of visual range

Jay

Re: Nascar CTS League - Race 1 Daytona Int Speedway (Night)

Post by Jay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:36 pm

Inspector wrote:Race 1 of the Nascar CTS League - Daytona International Speedway

Once again our friends from over the seas in Japan join us and with his new baby safely arrived I'm sure Odie will be back grabbing podium finishes again and the steady improvement Jay made last year as a rookie will see the new Team Marvel leading contenders in the Anime battle!!

Thanks Inspector for the recognition. I'm trying to learn the ropes as fast as possible to take some weight off of Odie's shoulders. I know that the team is getting a little heavy.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:01 pm

If you want a good giggle, check out Race 1 highlights of Daytona from Season 2.

Mmmm, good times had by all. ;)

I wonder how SimTV will be looking this time next week :eek:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:18 pm

Prometheus wrote:I wonder how SimTV will be looking this time next week :eek:
I don't know but I'm waiting to see that almost as eagerly as I'm waiting for the race.

Is it Wednesday yet?

Oh and someone tell me the secret to 50.1xx laptimes. Best I can make in qual is 50.2xx. :p

Oh and a tip for Rookies from a Rookie. Know the speed the pace lines run at at the start before the lights go green. Remember it when the pack infront of you spreads out at the start (it always happens). That way when the car infront of you suddenly slows down after speeding a bit to catch up to the car infront of them you are expecting them to slow so you are ready and don't plow into them.. hopefully :)

Oh and make sure you don't go up to the wrong gear in the pace line either, when it goes green everyone will floor it and if your in 3rd when everyone else is in second it causes chaos, trust me I've done it :p

Oh and... I'm out of "Oh ands.." for now. Carry on nothing to see here.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:18 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
Oh and a tip for Rookies from a Rookie. Know the speed the pace lines run at at the start before the lights go green. Remember it when the pack infront of you spreads out at the start (it always happens). That way when the car infront of you suddenly slows down after speeding a bit to catch up to the car infront of them you are expecting them to slow so you are ready and don't plow into them.. hopefully :)

Oh and make sure you don't go up to the wrong gear in the pace line either, when it goes green everyone will floor it and if your in 3rd when everyone else is in second it causes chaos, trust me I've done it :p
I agree with you Eagle32 another Rookie, one of main things to focus on this year is the race starts. Because if you loose that front pack to earlier and they don't wreck you can forget catching them.
Stay back and really paying attention during the starts is going to be real important for everyone.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:29 pm

SimTV's nearly there folks. :p

Just a little bit more of a touch up on the trucks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:36 pm

pretty sure the pace truck is at 70mph, tend to just catch up during the rolling start and sit at that pace in 2nd....when your spotter says "green green green" you 'should' be able to nail it and the whole feild moves up to pace nicely

emphasis on 'should' hehe

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:20 am

Eagle32 wrote:
I don't know but I'm waiting to see that almost as eagerly as I'm waiting for the race.

Is it Wednesday yet?

Oh and someone tell me the secret to 50.1xx laptimes. Best I can make in qual is 50.2xx. :p

Oh and... I'm out of "Oh ands.." for now. Carry on nothing to see here.
Handy tips there Eagle, now i just have to remember that when i hear Green Green Green that does not translate into Speed Speed Speed :D

Big Al

Re: Nascar CTS League - Race 1 Daytona Int Speedway (Night)

Post by Big Al » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 am

Inspector wrote:Race 1 of the Nascar CTS League - Daytona International Speedway

80 Laps around the world famous Oval under the lights. Being the first race of the season competition for the 5 bonus points to the winner of the pole position will be a full on battle with every driver qualifying, the only time this will happen in the league.

Daniel Wood starts the season as the defending champion and the hot favourite for not only honours in the first race, but for the season overall, but with his connection problems seemingly continuing from last year and the steady pressure from drivers like Happy, Snake Rogers, Bazzil and Bold his title is far from safe. An oustanding performance from bman and his new team member Mattly in the warm up race at Ozark may indicate some more challenges at the top of the field and this reporter was impressed with the showing made by Eagle 32 in the same race and there is no doubt the DuD's team crown is under threat from the Monsters team this season.

We welcome all new drivers to the league, noteably Big AL who drove well in the warm up race and would have to be a leading contender for the rookie points this year but the new MLC driver Mikool has started to show early form as well so the rookie battle will be a good one, and it was great to see Chequers back on the track and in the action again.

The organisers and our sponsors, InSPire Net & VR Concepts would like to wish all the best of luck for the season and we would like you to remember that this league is about the drivers and having fun. If you have a good idea or a gripe, please give us feedback so we can improve and resolve issues. :)

Thanks for the kind words Inspector, I enjoyed the race Weds night, despite the terrible qualifying time after my cat decided it was a good time to jump up at me ( dont worry the cat is doing well and is expected to make a full recovery) I managed to make my way up to 7th before "mechanical failure" ended the race for me.
I look forward to next weds race and will have a new headset then so i can join the guys on ventrilo.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:33 am

I beleive the pace truck runs at the pit lane speed limit, and therefore depends on the track you are racing at.

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:10 pm

Bold wrote:I beleive the pace truck runs at the pit lane speed limit, and therefore depends on the track you are racing at.
super speedways can have two speeds pace and pit road speeds

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:39 pm

IMO, the start of any race is left to the responsiblity of the drivers and being aware of what is happening around them. Not just the truck in front of them, but maybe 2 or 3 trucks ahead of them. Its one of the best ways to avoid being collected in a wreck.
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:45 pm

Watch out MLC RACING are coming to a track near you :darky:
Wah Wah Wah

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 pm

Horris, if you're here somewhere, you've picked the same number as me young man (999). Best you change yours as I think it's cursed.

:D