Nascar CTS League - Race 1 Daytona Int Speedway (Night)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:36 am

I thought it was Pat Lynch involved in that tussle. Could be wrong though, but the guilty party (whoever it was) came screaming down under the yellow line opposite the pits, past me and took out the kind folks in front of me.

We also had a get together after a few laps of him trying always to duck down on the inside with the momentum of being behind me.

And the pit mahem on the 1st pitting ! O_o

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:47 am

Biteme wrote:
ronwest wrote:
Biteme wrote: Ah you must have watched the replay too. I figured that comment might
have the Westies jumping to defend themselves. ;p
havent a clue what your on about bite, i am not aware of anything i need to defend ??
You asked. :D

er i drive 226 bite so i still dont know what the frack your on about or what it's got to do with me.

Doug can fight his own battles this season, i simply dont give a rats arse anymore about the whinning or moaning abou his or anyone elses dumbass driving.

if the post race bitching keeps up, i'll be looking for another forum, again, where those of us that do get ripped each week but dont whine about it, can actually have a resonable discussion, and work on ways to improve our driving.

after all theres those of us that actually want to help others, and those that just wanna moan about them.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:41 am

Prometheus wrote:And the pit mahem on the 1st pitting ! O_o
Yeah that was madness. I cruized the grass as there seem to be trucks pointing in all directions.

Would be good if You and Live M could consider joining Ventrillo. Would be helpful so we dont nobble each other :)

Also noted... GR#??? Pit in/Pit out messages are not standard and I think they are all should be standard messages as opposed to being a screen wide small novel that looks as though it might be something other than Pit in/pit out. Dont really have the time to read all that just to find its a pit message.
I hope you can see what Im getting at. All you need is the number and Entering pit pass high or what ever the standard message is.
There are more than enough distractions as it is :) (meow)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:44 am

UnbounD wrote:
Prometheus wrote:And the pit mahem on the 1st pitting ! O_o
Yeah that was madness. I cruized the grass as there seem to be trucks pointing in all directions.

Would be good if You and Live M could consider joining Ventrillo. Would be helpful so we dont nobble each other :)
;) Agree, I'm looking at getting another sound card to run the game and ventrillo separately. But i'm a touch busy building another PC for a guy at work, as well as dealing with the near end of the school holidays - oh when will they end ?????!

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:40 am

Biteme you can biteme.
I was top TEN for most of the race, running sweet in a train, not taking out the guy ahead of me,until a stupid pit mistake on my behalf caused two black flags and a drop to the back of the field. Sure i blocked a few people for position - why they wouldn't stay in line and help is their call. If late in the race I caused some carnage in my eagerness to get back up the field then I appologise for rookie overdriving; but you know what, i'm capable of running (at least at Daytona) near the front and kepping it together so, yeah, biteme

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:47 am

RedValiant wrote:Biteme you can biteme.
I was top TEN for most of the race, running sweet in a train, not taking out the guy ahead of me,until a stupid pit mistake on my behalf caused two black flags and a drop to the back of the field. Sure i blocked a few people for position - why they wouldn't stay in line and help is their call. If late in the race I caused some carnage in my eagerness to get back up the field then I appologise for rookie overdriving; but you know what, i'm capable of running (at least at Daytona) near the front and kepping it together so, yeah, biteme

Im waiting for the replay before I make any comments on that. O_o
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:06 pm

Lets keep it civil please. As soon as the server replay is available and I can actually look at all the cars I'm going to watch through and post some constructive criticism.

For now I'll say overall it felt relatively clean (and I got caught up trying to get through two incidents) and I had a lot of fun racing. I seemed to always find myself near the MLC cars and we did some good clean drafting at several points.

Looks like the start of a great season _b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:10 pm

For sure Eagle.

Reds driving was called into question on several occasions last night on Ventrillo. This lead us to beleive that maybe he could do with a little input to help smooth the way a little. The replay will help us all.
:)
"Run Yasmine Run"

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:33 pm

Redvaliant if you think your driving is ok then you had better watch the replay.
You're too hard to draft behind, you don't hold the draft well enough to keep the person in front of you at a good speed.

You need to practice going round the track holding a line - practicing staying in the dotted lanes on the Riki track would be a good start.
:>

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:36 pm

I for one am looking forward to the server replay and would appreciate any of the more experienced players to have a look at how i went and provide some constructive comments, flaming someone for making a mistake may make make you feel better for getting it off your chest but please back it up with some positive suggestions. Simply slagging rookies will not help the situation, the more comments we recieve the quicker we will improve...hopefully :D and dont forget we are not in teams so are doing it the hard way on the track.

As for my experience of the race i was mostly going through the motions as my race was over before it started due to Inspector's unusual starting method :eek: at first i thought it was a tactic to prevent me from winning :D but later came back to reality with the news it was simply a wheel calibration problem :(

Hope i didnt cause anyone too much of a problem.... I dont think i did apart from one incident with Mikool which i have apoligised for earlier.

I look forward to next week.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:08 pm

:D Ahh, feel the love !

It's another CTS season folks ! hahaha.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:09 pm

I'm with Ron, I think I'll keep my trap shut, my driving was less than stellar, so no opionions are gonna come from this orrifice or any other.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:12 pm

Yes, let's provide constructive criticism for the rookies. This will have them coming back.

I really think everyone should refrain from accusing another driver of anything until they have seen the server replay. The server replay will be the one used to issue any penalties during the course of the season.

We all get heated during a race if we are involved in an incident; and all we want to do is vent. Vent to your fellow teammates, then after you have cooled off and viewed the replay, then visit the forums and voice your comments.

Of course if all you have to say is give praise to the podium finishers or anyone else in the league, go ahead and do so after the race in the forums.

With that said.......well done to Snake for sticking it out after being disconnected on numerous occasions. It has already been pointed out, but who knows what would have happened if you stayed connected. You turned the lead over to me, when you were dropped, but I didn't manage to get around to the start/finish line to lead that lap.

Doug, nicely done staying clear of the traffic as it past you lap over lap. I know you had engine troubles that prevented you from getting up to speed.

Finally, to all the rookie drivers, I hope you enjoyed your first CTS points race and I hope you come back week in and week out. I would to see a field of 30 trucks every week. I'm sure there will be some wise words to offer you after the replay is reviewed on how you may want to do something different.
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:14 pm

Wood wrote:

1 Monsters Inc 527
2 SimTV 503
3 DuD 484

Looks like I'm eating my words :Puke:
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:19 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
Wood wrote:

1 Monsters Inc 527
2 SimTV 503
3 DuD 484

Looks like I'm eating my words :Puke:
No commentary from me necessary really, apart from its only Race One, plenty of racing and results to come yet.

have fun all.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:35 pm

stop posting that bold red text ;p

I Thought Big Al drove really well and didn't hold anyone up that he wasn't racing against.

Doug I thought did well moving off the line to let others through or if he had troubles ?

Don't worry about Biteme Ron, he's just sour nuts the wheelie bin wheels came off :) LOL

I thought Red valiant drove well at times, but on one particular occasion he was behind Myself and Hippy (I was in first position, so one would assume to draft the leader would be a good idea right? on most occasions anywho)
Red valiant drafted behind me for half a lap before making a move to try and pass, This I think is what ppl are getting at Red Valiant ;)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:38 pm

Prometheus wrote::D Ahh, feel the love !
LOL this is nothing, you just wait :D....
Storm joins the league in a week or two :>

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:13 pm

From team MLC to Ron :grouphug:
Wah Wah Wah

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:12 pm

After much pestering, here is the replay.
CTS Round 1

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:27 pm

RedValiant wrote:Biteme you can biteme.
Ah... whatever, just trying to let you know what I was hearing on voice chat.
It didn't take me out so I don't really care, I was just tendering some constructive criticism. Those that did have more issue can take it further... or not.
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:37 pm

ronwest wrote:
Biteme wrote: Ah... whatever, just trying to let you know what I was hearing on voice chat.
It didn't take me out so I don't really care, I was just tendering some constructive criticism. Those that did have more issue can take it further... or not.

In other words you just wanna stir shite

how much of the replay did you really watch bite me, did you miss the bit where simtv and monsters got together, that caused the wreck that Doug was involved in that left him nosed into the wall in front of the lead pack, or did you just assume he's a stupid driver and drove into the wall himself.

and i guess ya missed the bit where ya team mate collected pat BEFORE the green flag, causing a major wreck that again involved Doug, that gave him the engine damage, that stuck him in everyones way from the get go.

Frankly your the last person to giving advice, considering your repetation and past history, being thats what you and your team seem to base their shite slinging on.
OMG, I think my post after the race just said "same old names". It was based on observations during the race and not on hours of replay review.
Unlike most of the critisisms I have been subjected to in the past it was left as a generalisation and not intended as a critisism of any particular indervidual.
The fact that you jumped on it and have since escalated it into a flame war, was for a while amusing, but has now become rather lame as you seem to be taking it (as usual) all too seriously.
You sir, may have the last word as I am now moving on to next week. :)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:51 pm

Thanks Ron, I was wondering when someone was going to make a reference to the start debarcle for the rear third of the grid.
That incident, which was caused by drivers hanging back and charging the start line in contravention of the rules, wrecked Doug's race and mine. Momentarily position 32 came up alongside my name. From then on I did my own thing. I raced hard, I had no reason to sit in the draft and took every opening that was available and even made it up to 15th place I think. I did have a few brushes with other drivers but I put that down to the fact that most drafts that I hooked on to were very inconsistant especially going through turn 4.

I did cause the mess during the first pit stop and for that I apologise. I spent the entire practise session pitting in the first 6 or 7 pit boxes and when I came in for my first race pit stop I was heading for those same pit boxes and realised at the last moment that I was heading past my RACE pit box and I instantly turned left and made a complete hash of things. Understandable in the circumstances BUT next time I'll drive through and come around again.

And BiteMe you weren't keeping me behind you during those last few laps. I was drafting you and occasionally pulling alongside your left rear quarter to keep your mind on the job because I knew if we could keep the pace up we would catch the draft in front of us - and we did. I was unsure what the benefit would have been for you, I was more interested in catching Mikool and taking his position but missed out by a few truck lengths.

The whole race was a bit disappointing for me. The only way for me now is up, but not literally I hope!

Well done to Bazzil. That was a very good win _b
Last edited by Chequers on Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 pm

:grouphug: Here's to a non-bitchy aftermath next week :)

Although it certainly makes for a good read.... :D
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:31 pm

Chequers wrote: I raced hard, I had no reason to sit in the draft and took every opening that was available and even made it up to 15th place I think. I did have a few brushes with other drivers but I put that down to the fact that most drafts that I hooked on to were very inconsistant especially going through turn 4.
My 2c worth.

Umm, I was one of those people who you brushed past. When you're drafting with other trucks, the big issue is that the truck in front of you is always slower than your truck, because the draft you're getting gives you more momentum, etc , esp into turn 4.

So when drafting with other people you have to back off quite regularly - forcing a way past on the inside happens only because you have more momentum, etc - not usually just because your driving is better. The moment you become the lead truck in a pack, you're going slower than the trucks behind you that are now in your draft.

A look at the replay around lap 6 shows the truck behind you having a higher speed than you. But you did have a good race - welcome aboard _b

Side issue - any chance of changing your race name to match what you've registered as please ? That way people keep a simple eye on who's who.

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:51 pm

Biteme wrote:
ronwest wrote:
Biteme wrote: Ah... whatever, just trying to let you know what I was hearing on voice chat.

In other words you just wanna stir shite

how much of the replay did you really watch bite me, did you miss the bit where simtv and monsters got together, that caused the wreck that Doug was involved in that left him nosed into the wall in front of the lead pack, or did you just assume he's a stupid driver and drove into the wall himself.

and i guess ya missed the bit where ya team mate collected pat BEFORE the green flag, causing a major wreck that again involved Doug, that gave him the engine damage, that stuck him in everyones way from the get go.

Frankly your the last person to giving advice, considering your repetation and past history, being thats what you and your team seem to base their shite slinging on.
OMG, I think my post after the race just said "same old names". It was based on observations during the race and not on hours of replay review.
Unlike most of the critisisms I have been subjected to in the past it was left as a generalisation and not intended as a critisism of any particular indervidual.
The fact that you jumped on it and have since escalated it into a flame war, was for a while amusing, but has now become rather lame as you seem to be taking it (as usual) all too seriously.
You sir, may have the last word as I am now moving on to next week. :)
you posted the picture ya git