Nascar CTS League - Race 2 Eight Bowl Super Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
M

Post by M » Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:08 am

Given there was a known problem with Telecom I don't think the race should have been run. The number of disconnects is testament to that.

There is also no server replay for protests. Those that were disconnected, including me with 4-5 laps to go in 13th, are basically screwed. This affects my team. The server put me at 23rd place but I was in 13th and that was going to be my minimum placing, even after things happened that I might like to protest about. I can't check the replay to look at what cars were involved, what happened and exactly what was the result. So I have no way to consider the option.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:07 am

Sorry to hear that.

But I think it's the risk of online racing. There's always going to be some event happening, sometimes on the network, that can have an impact on the race. Telecom, CTD's, power failures, moths attacking drivers, etc.

Unless the Inpsire server crashes and wipes everyone out, it's really just the roll of the dice. Bearing in mind this is the 1st time in 3 seasons it was this bad, especially with no replay file from the server, and instead it's being glued together by people's own replays.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:09 am

Inspector wrote:In regard to the SimTV movie:

If I provide an FTP upload location for all drivers who saved their replay to upload to (who are able to) and I take all those replays and write then to a CD and send to you Prom, could the movie still be made? Would you guys be willing to upload your replay? You could cut out the practice and qual session and zip it which normally ends up 40 to 50mb.
Incase you missed my gp post...

I could make a video if the replay file is in one piece(s).

Basically I run the replay via spectator view mode at 3 x normal speed, jumping around the track. If I spot something, I'll record it. And SimTV is born

But this weekend is Waitangi - really busy busy for me work wise, so it's unlikely I'd have one made by next Wednesday.

TPTCC Race 2 has been made tonight and is being uploaded now. In regards to resolutions, 44mb 4'00" video encoded at 1.5mbps becomes a 90mb gorilla when encoded at 3mbps. But it looks very nice at that res

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:00 am

if anyone has any issues about the race such as connection issues - Please send a short e-mail about it to the league organisers, what happened when you got discoed, and why you think you did, also if you want to submit a protest but do not have a replay - where in the race it occured and who you are protesting against etc.

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:35 am

Hi.

When will the rookie points be updated on simracerhq?
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:34 am

mikool wrote:Hi.

When will the rookie points be updated on simracerhq?
Do we think we are at the top of the rookie points do we ;p
Wah Wah Wah

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:34 am

Snake Rogers wrote: Do we think we are at the top of the rookie points do we ;p
Hell yeah :D
Mikool...

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:37 am

Cool they are updated now (thanks who ever done it)... and guess who is at the top??? :D _b
Mikool...

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:19 pm

News page at SimRacerHQ updated with a piece about the race at Eightbowl. Sorry this took so long, I have been a bit busy lately and a bit lazy as well. :)
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:34 pm

I think its time some people updated their sigs...

SimTV = 1057
DuD = 1052
Monsters Inc = 1019

M

Post by M » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:41 pm

So what happened to my protest??? Dammit I was in 8th before all that happened, no force feedback and all.

GO SIM TV!!!

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:52 am

We are in the process of going through the protests and have almost finished, yours M however is a very difficult one because we don't know what laps the incidents were on nor do we have a server replay, we just have to hope that it was captured on someone elses replay :)

M

Post by M » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:38 am

That's fine, but the article was somewhat premature I thought.

As for laps, I would be looking at lap 40, maybe 41 for the truck driving across the track (I think it had at least one 6 on it from memory); 15, maybe earlier, for the rear-ender, and 75/76 for the disconnection. The server said the received throughput fell to an unacceptable level but didn't mention my number and as I said, everyone else disappeared from my screen well before the screen went blank and the server wouldn't let me back in to finish the race.