Nascar CTS League - Race 2 Eight Bowl Super Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Wood

Post by Wood » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:05 pm

I got dinged pretty much straight away, although I didn't help my cause by setting Nascar up so I could only see nine cars and forgot to change it back :o .

Plenty of carnage on this track, I really don't like it, and appears to be above the level of driving standards currently displayed in this league.

I'll also be interested to see if Happy gets to keep 4th place. O_o

Enough bitching, had a great battle with Tony for 5th - You were lucky Happy was there to give you a kick on the final straight :p .

Big ups to Bold and his Victory _b _b _b

And finally.......

KEEP YOUR FRIGGEN CAR ON THE LOW LINE AT ALL COSTS!!!
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:12 pm

Sigh... dropped back to the very end of the field after the big ding early on.

I'm sacking my crew chief too :mad:

2 x "we have a problem" putting tires on, and for some reason on my planned last pit stop, up popped "we recommend 1 x tank" . Thought to myself O_o , but ok.

Zoomed out to find . . . yay, not enough gas to finish ! Dropped from 5th down to 11th before working back up to 8th. So yeah, happy going from 32nd to 5th _b Not happy about stupid american crew chief q- He's being transferred to Iraq tomorrow.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:13 pm

M wrote:You mean the race actually finished?

I still had five laps to go when everyone disappeared one by one and then finally the screen went black. Tried to get back in in case but it wasn't opening.
It finished you in position 23, what position were you in when everyone dissapeared.
The server would have picked up your spot when you crossed the line at the actual finish.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:14 pm

Well somebody loved me upstairs tonite. :D
Great race guys, Prom any chance of a high res on this one? It's got potential to be a stunner. :cool:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:15 pm

Wood wrote: Enough bitching, had a great battle with Tony for 5th - You were lucky Happy was there to give you a kick on the final straight :p :
No way it was my skillfull driving ;) ;) :eek:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:18 pm

Well I just have to write that race off sadly. At least I got my first pole and the 5 bonus points :)

Way too much adrenaline at the start and I was ferking nervous first time up there. Having Biteme behind me wasn't helping, we've ended up tangling the last 3 races a couple of times a race, half the time it wasn't his fault he's been taken out and I just haven't been able to dodge the wreckage.

Also him and Flyboy seemed to be trying to push it past me so I let them go. I did not want an accident that early (also wanted to save some fuel :)), couldn't get back into the draft till 9th where Sulley let me back in. I was happy to sit their, dodged the first mess up the front. CTD'd about 2 laps latter and then had a little cry ;(.

Got back in and just cruised round the track dodging the chaos, pulled Snake around a bit then pulled Sulley around for a while. Which is when the Monsters suffered their second blow for the night. Sulley had a CTD knocking him nearly back to me in the placings ;(

But it's all ok because next week can't possibly go any worse :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:18 pm

Mattly wrote:Well somebody loved me upstairs tonite. :D
Great race guys, Prom any chance of a high res on this one? It's got potential to be a stunner. :cool:
Maybe, but it'll be a big file. The last race was encoded at 1.5mbps and came out at 62mb. If I encoded the same file at 2.1mbps, the file size jumps to 83mb .

File size is exponential after that.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:29 pm

:mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

Very good night for me. Best Qualifying ever (4th=, Prev. Best 10th at TPTCC RoadOne Season 1) and Best Final Result ever (10th, Prev. Best 14th at TPTCC Queensland Season 2), and all on a deliberate 4 stop strategy that put me out of the usual pit sequence, and meant a fair few laps without a draft.

_b _b :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: _b _b

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:29 pm

Great Pole Eagle and a great win for Bold _b

Pity about the 2 Monsters CTD, there would have been some great points for us,
I agree with Wood and the fact that the track seems to be beyond a good number of people holding a steady line, when I came upon a group of 5 or more it was really a lottery whether you would survive 2 laps with the group q-

I had a couple of slow pitstops (I would have drafted with you Bazz, but we came out into a group), couldn't avoid the first or second lap prang at the back, then I clipped the back of a parked Team Muttly car :o and then had a coming together with Mikool, (have to look at the replay) :)
Overall a good race _b

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:39 pm

pleased with my 2nd race, working from 14th on the grid to 1st when my spotter tells me to "pit this lap"...what he meant to say was "you should have pitted last lap" because i never made that lap around and ran out of fuel halfway through pit entrance ;( will take it as a rookie lesson learnt and will pit with 2 laps of fuel remaining in future and ignore my lying useless spotter!!

Looking forward to next week :D

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:41 pm

We need a venting room.

Very sorry Prozac for turning you in the right on lap 30, it was an aborted pass - you were flickering like you were lagging abit and I wanted to get by.

Thanks are due to P Lynch for going very slow ahead of about 7 cars for a few laps, and to #438 for duly taking me out in frustration on L26, nice.

Other than that, bloody good fun. Some of you regulars are very good drivers and a pleasure to draft. :) See you next week

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:51 pm

mikool wrote:I am looking forward to racing on this track. I like it.

My goal is to make it in the top 20 and be the 1st rookie to cross the line.

Its not to high a goal so should be able to do that as long as I keep out of trouble.
well done Mikool 2/2 _b

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:57 pm

LOL

1st Car #222
2nd Car #555
3rd Car #444
5th Car #777

Bit of laugh, the triple number people cleaned up tonight :cute:
Inspector

---

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:58 pm

Big Al wrote:

Its not to high a goal so should be able to do that as long as I keep out of trouble.

well done Mikool 2/2 _b
Nearly mikool, I beat ya at the post for the rookie win.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:10 am

Inspector wrote:LOL

1st Car #222
2nd Car #555
3rd Car #444
5th Car #777

Bit of laugh, the triple number people cleaned up tonight :cute:
We sure did:

30th car #999

:D

M

Post by M » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:45 am

BAZZIL wrote:
M wrote:You mean the race actually finished?

I still had five laps to go when everyone disappeared one by one and then finally the screen went black. Tried to get back in in case but it wasn't opening.
It finished you in position 23, what position were you in when everyone dissapeared.
The server would have picked up your spot when you crossed the line at the actual finish.
I was in 13th when everyone dissappeared, though there was a ding just ahead so I was expecting to get back a few more places.

Someone drove across the track and knocked me into the pits earlier on so I also expected to pick up some more places at the end without the need to go in for a splash. I was still just one lap down on the leader after working my way back from getting smashed down to 24th after being in the lead pack at the half way mark.

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:07 am

GarethRobinson wrote:
Big Al wrote:
well done Mikool 2/2 _b
Yeah I know, 1st thing I checked on the race stats. But good work on your 1st top 10 _b.

I would also like to thank Happy for the drafting near the start of the race, my team mates @ MLC Racing as they gave good advice and helped me out.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deij

Post by Deij » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:30 am

RedValiant wrote: and to #438 for duly taking me out in frustration on L26, nice.
Soz bout tap but hey i stayed in my lane :D , you must try driving in Christchurch sometime.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:45 am

Cheers everyone :D

I have to say bad luck to Doug.. He got caught in a tangle with a wheelie bin with about 6 laps to go. It would have gone down to the wire without that.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:16 am

_b to SimTV teamwork too - Unbound and myself stayed together for quite a while pushing each other around the track and working our way up the field, including pitting together.

And at 10 laps to go, crash ahead, and I sneaked up another position :D sorry, but I laughed aloud when that happened.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:21 pm

Official Results Update

At this stage the majority of disconnection problems last night have been traced to a few CTD's and a couple of Telecom/other ISP issues and none appear to have been related to the InSPire issue which was in fact all resolved around 9.00pm, 1/2 hour before our race started.

If nothing further is found by time I get home around 5.15pm then the results will be uploaded to SimRacerHQ which will make it official.

Any results are subject to change based upon possible protests, but please remember if you wish to submit a protest then do so at least 2 days before the next race as no protests will be accepted after the next race has started.

The organisers will review last nights race based upon incidents seen and incidents talked about. If no protest is recieved for an incident then the organisers may issue warnings to drivers because there appeared to be an ecessive amount of problems last night and if people do not protest them then the organisers must take steps to stop it. Warnings will just be the start of it.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:26 pm

...taps finger on desk nervously waiting for replay file...

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:01 pm

GarethRobinson wrote:
Big Al wrote:

well done Mikool 2/2 _b
Don't get your hopes up to much, that was only the second race. All you need is to have a few DNF's from your dodgie 56k and that will drop you right back.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:17 pm

Bloody dodgy DuDs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wah Wah Wah

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:27 pm

In regard to the SimTV movie:

If I provide an FTP upload location for all drivers who saved their replay to upload to (who are able to) and I take all those replays and write then to a CD and send to you Prom, could the movie still be made? Would you guys be willing to upload your replay? You could cut out the practice and qual session and zip it which normally ends up 40 to 50mb.

In regard to the Official Results of the race:

It has been concluded that no driver has been unfairly effected by the InSPire problems last night therefore the results will stand. However, see below.

Protests and Server Replay

Firstly there is no server replay. Possible issues arising are:

Whilst a protest does not effect the final placings in the race, it could effect the points gained in the race. If a protest can not be decided because there is not a replay to adjudicate on, there is an unfair result hence to race should become void and re-run?
If a replay can be supplied by a driver and fairly judged or one of the replays uploaded by the other drivers clearly shows the incident and once again can be fairly judged then there is no issue and the points stand.

So here is the conclusion. Everyone who wishes to and is willing to, please cut your replay to include only the race, compress it and upload it using FTP to:

FTP Host: robert.zaloum.co.nz
FTP Port: 22
FTP User: replays
FTP Pass: submit

This will all be placed on a CD and sent to Prom if he wants to create a movie from the collection.

Everyone who submits a protest should include a replay if they are able. As mentioned before your replay should start at least one full lap before the incident.

If a driver is unable to submit a replay with his protest, we will then use all the other replays uploaded to try and find the incident. If the incident can not be shown on replay we must then decide whether to void the race or disregard the protest. We will cross that bridge "if" we come to it.

I will upload the results to SimRacerHQ in a few minutes and these points will be official but obviously dependent on pending protests.
Inspector

---