Nascar CTS League - Race 3 Texas Motor Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Nascar CTS League - Race 3 Texas Motor Speedway

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:47 am

Race 3 - Texas Motor Speedway

Welcome to the legendary Texas Motor Speedway! All previous rankings, finishes and thoughts of potential glory are wiped from the drivers minds as they park their trailers and unload their cars into the pits. This track I'm sure was the motivation behind the movie "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and judging by previous races and the size of the feilds this year at least some of the drivers will be left bleeding on the side of the track in Season numbers 3's third race.

TheBoldOne starts the race a definite favourite, not only because of last weeks win, but because of his past history at this track. Bold is one of the few drivers who has that special something on tracks like Texas & Eightbowl and he will be hoping this edge brings him two in a row. Also based on past history the DuD's are expected to do well here as will Daniel Wood, Odie and Snake Rogers. These will be the names to watch, not at practice time, not at qualifying time, but at race time when this track seems to come alive as you drive it, seeming to try and kick you off, throwing you at the walls in an attempt to take out as many other cars in the proccess. Maybe a new chapter will be written on Wednesday night........"The Texas Nascar Massacre"

Chasing everyone from the back of the field will be the top five drivers and a frightning thought that will be for the rookies and slower qualifiers, so remember to take it easy as they come up on you, use your brains and let them go, latch on behind and learn as you draft and follow their lines.

Non Qualifiers are:

Daniel Wood

Ze Bazzil

Happy

TheBoldOne

TonyG

Good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Inspector on Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:46 am

I find this track hard. Very hard to hold my line on the Corners.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:51 pm

I've just watched again last seasons' race at Texas - redefines the word CrashFestival D:

Because it has flatter corners and it's not a superspeedway, cruising around with your flat to the floor = ;( It'll be tears before bedtime.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:01 pm

Prometheus wrote:I've just watched again last seasons' race at Texas - redefines the word CrashFestival D:

Because it has flatter corners and it's not a superspeedway, cruising around with your flat to the floor = ;( It'll be tears before bedtime.
Oh no's, a track that requires skill, however will you all cope :joy: :eek: >_< ;p

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:06 pm

Fine thanks........... How 'bout you? ;)

Ohhhh thats right, your not running.......But I bet your old team mates will Ham it up for us :D
"Run Yasmine Run"

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:10 pm

DuD's finished 3,4,5 last season ;p

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:58 pm

Had a practice and all i can say is crash fest :eek:

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:02 pm

Riven wrote:DuD's finished 3,4,5 last season ;p
Yeah well the DuD's better stop living in the past ;)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:14 pm

Riven wrote:DuD's finished 3,4,5 last season ;p
What that got to do with them being a bunch of Hams ;)
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:35 pm

With Race 3 comes a change in Team Marvel. Owner/Driver Ron Westland has stepped of his ride.

The silly season has started early this early.

Replacing Ron in the #226 Spiderman Dodge Ram will be Pat "Chequers" Lynch. Chequers will be sporting his familar numer #105.

Team spoksman for Marvel had this to say, "When Ron asked to step down, it suprised us, but he has been running Trucks dating back to the Nascar 3 days and he felt it was time to hand the wheel over to another driver. Chequers is a little rough around the hand, but he has the potential to a great driver and will work well in the team concept.
Odie

mikool

Post by mikool » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:40 pm

Big Al wrote:Had a practice and all i can say is crash fest :eek:
Yup... I reckon... But if us rookies get heaps of practice in lets hope we are not the reason for the crash fest.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:15 pm

Yes well It was a crash fest last year, and that was with about 20 / 24ish cars, we will mostlikely have 30 so it sould be all go :)

weeeee

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:34 am

I think we should park MLC in the garage for this race >8D
:>

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:06 am

To remind everyone of all the fun and excitment of last seasons' Texas race, I've uploaded SimTV's coverage of it.

Ahh, the memories :D But it's worth a watch or two _b

http://www.simracerhq.co.nz

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:48 am

Top post edited, please go back and have a read.
Inspector

---

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:53 pm

I think i should get last place points for the next 2 races as i'm getting married and will miss the next 2 races :eek:

It's not like i've chosen to go to the cricket instead of racing :>
Wah Wah Wah

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:57 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:I think i should get last place points for the next 2 races as i'm getting married and will miss the next 2 races :eek:

As a committee member, I see no problem with this for one week. Will he be enjoying a honeymoon the 2nd week :D
Odie

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:03 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:I think i should get last place points for the next 2 races as i'm getting married and will miss the next 2 races :eek:

I don't think that's fair unless we can have Liquid get last place points for the first round. I think it's better to stick to the rules personnally. O_o

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:39 pm

The rules state that marrage and child birth "are" acceptable reasons for missing a race and will recieve points equalling one place below last place on the night.

Why did Liquid miss a race Mattly? If he has a valid reason it will b considered, but normally you would notify in advance as Snake has done.

Extract from the League Rules posted at SimRacerHQ before the start of the league

*Organisers reserve the right to award points of position after last place to any driver unable to compete with legitimate reason (i.e. child birth or marriage – working late or going out partying does not qualify for points)
Last edited by Inspector on Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:40 pm

If i was you Snake i would be more worried about how much sex im going to get over the next two weeks not how many points, because once that ring is on her finger and the honeymoon is over so is your sex life. I just hope all that sexual frustration is not taken out as road rage on the track

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:46 pm

On topic of marriage, I am pleased to announce that today is my 18th Wedding anniversary :)

And the good news Snake............It may not be a pretty site but I do still get sex :cute:
Inspector

---

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:20 pm

Inspector wrote:On topic of marriage, I am pleased to announce that today is my 18th Wedding anniversary :)

And the good news Snake............It may not be a pretty site but I do still get sex :cute:

Thats just sick Inspector ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:21 pm

Big Al wrote:

If i was you Snake i would be more worried about how much sex im going to get over the next two weeks not how many points, because once that ring is on her finger and the honeymoon is over so is your sex life. I just hope all that sexual frustration is not taken out as road rage on the track
:eek:

Thanks Al O_o
Wah Wah Wah

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:24 pm

Inspector wrote:
Why did Liquid miss a race Mattly? If he has a valid reason it will b considered, but normally you would notify in advance as Snake has done.
[/i]
I do believe he went to the cricket (:
Wah Wah Wah

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:05 pm

Inspector wrote:

*Organisers reserve the right to award points of position after last place to any driver unable to compete with legitimate reason (i.e. child birth or marriage – working late or going out partying does not qualify for points)
Liquid let us know a couple of weeks before the first round that he had been given a ticket to the cricket and would not be racing as he would be drunk as a skunk. He was being responsible. :Puke:
As to the rules stating that marriage is a valid excuse, i can only ask if that rule was premiditated to allow one of the race comittee special
leeway? O_o

Can the comittee clarify exactly what is considered reasonable warning?