Nascar CTS League - Race 3 Texas Motor Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:41 pm

I was a bit more settled at the front this week than last. Pressure still got me on the 3rd stop when I sped into the pit and got flagged, proceeded to turn myself sideways exiting and swore a couple of times and carried on. I'm happy with 7th, personal best for me :)
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:44 pm

TonyG wrote:Well done Odie, Dan, great stuff Eagle .....Monsters 2 points behind :(
Bad luck Sulley, connection again?
Up and down race again, start down a bit, avoid dings, work my way up, 8th or 9th at one point, too slow in pits and out laps, dropped slowly down the field, naffed by a cuple of stupid accidents, 16th or so then baff CTD, race over, closest I've been in ages to just saying fek it to ell, but too bloody minded to quit.

Besides at present especxially every point counts so will keep plugging away at it, medicine is still working its magic thank god.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:44 pm

:crazy: Odie, yep was certainly lag onlap 112 on my replay you were buried in my bumper before disappearing back to your earlier line.
Your replay clearly shows you hadn't actually moved.

My screenie
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

M

Post by M » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:48 pm

I retired after getting disconnected four times. Freaking Telecom. I just got a new PC, too and was enjoying all those frames and pixels and sitting in the lead pack until the usual carnage.

Still managed to see some absolute stupidity by slow learners trying to 'get ahead' rather than go faster in the draft and let the leader tow them.
Last edited by M on Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:51 pm

ripped M :( I saw you get disconnected, You need to sort telecom out :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Feb 10, 2005 1:23 am

Biteme wrote::crazy: Odie, yep was certainly lag onlap 112 on my replay you were buried in my bumper before disappearing back to your earlier line.
Your replay clearly shows you hadn't actually moved.

My screenie
I can see on that could piss you off during a race. I'm glad we were able to see both sides, now I'm curious what the server saw.

Thanks everyone. It feels good to get back in victory lane. Last week's connection issues really hurt me in points, but at least I can qual next week.

Fuel mileage was my plan the whole race, as long as I didn't have to pit early for tires. I was starting to think that Wood was gonna suprise us and make a tank of fuel last 36 laps.
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:03 am

Looks like i missed out on a right royal ding feast :D

Great effort Biteme _b

What hap Fly & Mikool D:

also nice work there Odie :)
Wah Wah Wah

bman

Post by bman » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:26 am

Hey! You missed out congrats for me you hoe! 6th! w00p!

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:29 pm

replay posted

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:43 pm

Thanks, d/l it now.

Is there an analysis around ?

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:51 pm

simracerhq has analysis for all races

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:02 pm

Missed the race due to the road home being closed for nearly 2 hours due to a nasty road accident (Dom Post Page A3 i think).

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:42 pm

Race report posted at SimRacerHQ.

If anyone wants to spend some time writing their own report please do so. A fresh view point is always welcome, so give it a go and send me your report and screenshots (any format is fine but Word is quite good for laying out the text and screenies in the order "you" want them) and I will upload it to the right places.

racereports@kiwisimracing.com

I really enjoyed reading Famins great report from the Sports Car Lime Rock Race and this is the sort of input that makes our community so great. Give it a go.
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:59 pm

Nicely written Inspector.
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:12 pm

OK, video capture done.

There's 120 files, totalling about 8gb of stuff. :eek: So it'll take a while to edit this one. And the video length will be a long one.

Most spectacular crash recorded : "Air Scrumpy" where their motto is "fly with us and let your dreams come true" :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:31 am

WOW, even Michael Shumacher couldn't pull that one off.
What part did Redvaliant play in that? As we see him leaving the left frame of the picture :p

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:58 am

Typhoon wrote:WOW, even Michael Shumacher couldn't pull that one off.
What part did Redvaliant play in that? As we see him leaving the left frame of the picture :p
Looking at the video which is now available for downloading, alas, it looks like he was the cause of the accident by drifting to the right and hitting a Monsters Inc truck. That spun him across the track, taking out Air Scrumpy who was then hit by the same Monsters truck and launching him into low earth orbit.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Protest Result

Post by Inspector » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:38 pm

A protest was recieved after last weeks race at Texas.

The protest was against truck #500 - Redvaliant
The protest was for him hitting Truck #909 from behind hard enough to spin the other truck whilst drafting with him.

This is a minor offence but the committee members made these comments:
I do believe he is guilty, but it is a pretty minor offence and I dont think it is worth the points to be taken off him, but on the other hand it might teach him a leason and make him drive better tonight. So put him on death row and take the 25 points off him.
My verdict is Guilty, Red valiant should be more aware of tire wear on the track and that other drivers may not slow the same rate he does, he ended up in a lot of accidents and I believe he cause a large percentage of them.

I choose 25 points as a minor infringement because it was only a tap up the back.

I think the advice to Red Valiant should be he needs to not assume that the driver infront is going to do what he expects, there are a lot of different drivers at different levels on the track and you have to be able to adjust yourself to it.
I have to agree with above comments here. To be honest...Red valiant should consider himself lucky. It seems like he is involved in allot of incidents and lucky no one else has submitted a protest against him.

These comments were consistant from all the committee and should be taken on as good advice to the driver concerened who I believe has already acknowledged his mistakes and is keen to work on them. Other drivers should take note of the advice above and Redvaliant's attitude toward doing reducing his errors.

Redvaliant has been penalised 25 points for a minor offence.
Inspector

---