New Zealand Racing League - Race 3 - VRConcepts 182 Kansas

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

New Zealand Racing League - Race 3 - VRConcepts 182 Kansas

Post by odonohuesp » Tue May 17, 2005 11:32 am

Kansas

ImageImage

Kansas Speedway boasts great views from every seat and easy access in and out of the 1 1/2-mile, state-of-the-art facility, a response to growing interest for motorsports entertainment in the Midwest. Though the tri-oval track design is not unique to Kansas Speedway, a slight difference in the banking makes this track unique. Courtesy of Nascar.com

This week we are at Kansas and it is expected that the tire wear will be more important this week than last week. Additional, being able to run a consistent line around the track while maintaining speed is going to be equally important. Dan Wood has gone 2 for 2 in Season 4 of the New Zealand Nascar League after a pit strategy win last week at Michigan and brought his team to the front with the win, of course a 3rd and 9th for Riven and Tony respectfully.

What are the plans for the Monsters this week with 2 of their drivers starting from the back? Will they laugh their way to the front or scream trying? The DuDs also have 2 drivers coming from the back and they plan to make a move in the team standings this and knock off SimTV. SimTV will have there in car cam ready for some up close and personal shots. Team Voda lead by their rookie driver Viking will have Revenge on the league this week after some misfortunes last week Team Google is starting to make a move and has put Team Marine behind them and not they have their sites set on Voda. Team Marine is currently pinned down by enemy fire, but a call for support has been called in. M3 Power looks to get off some on track incidents over the past 2 weeks and put their sites on a win, while Vengeance looks to bring teammate Selo into the Top 10.

Track Facts
Banking/Turns: 15
Distance: 1.5 miles
Shape: Tri-oval

Concerns
Tire Wear – Conservation of the tires will be key here.
Racing Line – There are 2 grooves here, but the bottom groove will be the one most drivers will use.
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue May 17, 2005 5:23 pm

I forgot to mention:

Daniel Wood
Ze Bazzil
UnbounD
Riven
Happy

will start from the back.
Odie

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue May 17, 2005 5:56 pm

BANGER!
:>

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue May 17, 2005 8:56 pm

Lets hope the DuD mechanics do a better job preparing my car this week...last weeks one shat itself after just 49 laps.

O_o
Don't make me destroy you.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue May 17, 2005 10:11 pm

I paid em extra not to :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 18, 2005 12:59 am

I hope everyone practiced this track.....some people were on around the normal time Tuesday night and the biggest problem everyone was having was tyres. They were not even involved in any dings, so driver beware.

Also, you must exit on the backstretch or you will get a black flag. Additional the pit exit in 1 and 2 is a bit slick, just ask Riven.

Pit Speed is 45
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 18, 2005 10:04 am

I also suggest we force people to enter the pits from the back straight, as its quite dodgy getting it in without taking up the racing line at a slow speed.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 18, 2005 11:41 am

Also watch out for last minute turn in to Pit Lane that can catch you out easily I noticed.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:56 am

Riven wrote:I also suggest we force people to enter the pits from the back straight, as its quite dodgy getting it in without taking up the racing line at a slow speed.
I always disagree with this :p

Penalties can be applied if people cause dings by entering late but if someone has made the effort to get themselves into a clear section of track to pit as fast as possible they shouldn't HAVE to go in on the back straight.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed May 18, 2005 12:07 pm

Ya and if you apply that rule how's Wood gonna hax his way to the front? ;p

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 18, 2005 12:24 pm

There will be no requirement to pit on the back stretch, just remember you are responsible to make a safe pit entrance.
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 18, 2005 12:50 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Ya and if you apply that rule how's Wood gonna hax his way to the front? ;p
And you as an unregistered driver have an opinion worth what exactly?

Wood may have thick skin but I'm getting sick and tired of this Wood and Hax crapola.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP :ffs:

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 18, 2005 12:52 pm

Whoa there agro, I'm sure Dick was joking there. :cute:
Don't make me destroy you.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 18, 2005 1:08 pm

Dan dealt with this type of talk 2 years ago. I believe people joke with him about it. I believe Wood and myself are equal on the track, but when it comes to the pit stops, he just plain kicks my a$$.
Odie

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed May 18, 2005 1:24 pm

I think you may need to up the intake of meds there Sully. :>

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 18, 2005 2:00 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Dan dealt with this type of talk 2 years ago. I believe people joke with him about it. I believe Wood and myself are equal on the track, but when it comes to the pit stops, he just plain kicks my a$$.
Yeah its friendly ribbing :)

I call him hax all that time.. its like kinda admitting that he is just plain better than I am, and its shorter to say/type than 'slow down you bastard, you're too damn fast' :)

If i thought someone was cheating, i wouldnt use the term 'hax'.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 18, 2005 5:01 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:I think you may need to up the intake of meds there Sully. :>
Yeah soz, Cracking Face off, not my style, well not supposed to be. All started last night when went to practice, found the kids broke my phones/mic and then Gregory got smart and I lost the plot. Soz to gregory too, should ignored his childish comment for what it was childish. :eek:

More meds, huh used em up after waiting a month for my one and only bathroom to be built, STRESSED is the operative word. Migrain for last three days don't help either.

Enough excuses and you don't wanna hear them anyway, surfice to say sorry to all for losing the plot. :(

If I'm more all over the road tonite than normal its cause I cracked open the bottle of Beam under the sink when I got home. ;)

Good luck at the soapdish tonite :p

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 18, 2005 8:01 pm

Sulley wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:Ya and if you apply that rule how's Wood gonna hax his way to the front? ;p
And you as an unregistered driver have an opinion worth what exactly?

Wood may have thick skin but I'm getting sick and tired of this Wood and Hax crapola.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP :ffs:
It's allright sulley, I'm confident this issue was put to rest a year or so ago. :)

It's how it works - I call them a pathetic group of sadsacks that need to lift their game, and there only response is to call me a 'hax' ;p
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Wed May 18, 2005 8:40 pm

If it's worth anything coming from me i'm not sure.

The track tonight with the wear setup is Tricky. Be aware, those who choose to run a "fast" race and do the extra 0.8s per lap are going to have trouble. Whether it be from running up the rear of a steady slower car conserving tyres or spining out due to wear from pushing too hard.
0.8s or up to 3+ minutes recovering, pitting and getting back out on pace with cold tyres.

Slower runs costing ~ 30 seconds over the night or the extra pit/s ;)

See you on the track, good luck :)
Skelo
V Racing

JBR

Post by JBR » Wed May 18, 2005 10:30 pm

Well can't say sorry to u all enough tonight for my crap racing

Qualifing went very well (6th whoo) just after that my wheel thought it would stuff any chance of a good race.

Wheel will be shot, dropped, run over and finally burt the stake (only thing left to do with a momo).
Shortly after that i will take myself out to the garage and squeeze my fingers in the vice.

D: :Puke: :o

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed May 18, 2005 10:53 pm

wait for it ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed May 18, 2005 10:54 pm

yes... mind you vent is not to bad ;p
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 18, 2005 10:54 pm

Well it looks like the pathetic sadsacks lifted there game O_o

Apologies to Flyboy, I didn't even know you were there, I moved up the track to take a better line for the turn and she went to poos >_<

That little episopde possably cost me the race d'oh :mad:
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

famin

Post by famin » Wed May 18, 2005 10:55 pm

better explain the last few laps..

Id held my line pretty assiduously all night conserving fuel then in the last 4 or so laps I was in front of Happy and I thought, "better not cause what could be trouble " so I leaned over to tap the 2 key to say pass low, and I compensated to the right and the car went up and hit the wall and then bounced back. I think that may have hit Happy then? but it was NOt in any way deliberate! Im sure that the replay will show me twitching right first into the damn wall.
Then I couldnt change the hud details and I saw the Pass Low command was still waiting for an enter key (I havnt $ signed the pass keys yet), so I cleared it, hence the very late "pass low" message.

and I have NO idea what happened to cause the massive spin in the last 2 laps... I spose the replay will show all..
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed May 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Apologies to Ron and Inspector for the taps, had nowhere to go both times.