New Zealand Racing League - Race 3 - VRConcepts 182 Kansas

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Wraith

Post by Wraith » Wed May 18, 2005 10:57 pm

Well I dont think I could have had a worse race if I tried, looking good till lap 60 odd then everything went tits up.

My apologies to any (i cant remember off hand) that I may have got tangled up with, at one stage got taken out lost my right rear and then spun out the once every lap for the next 3 laps all by my lonesome.

Also managed to get a black flag in there to top off my night.

Oh and got taken out in the rookie race when in 2nd again, one day I'll manage to give Gregory a full race.

Now wheres my bourbon.....

Gratz to Odie for the win _b

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Wed May 18, 2005 10:58 pm

Victim of my own advice.....

Lap slightly off pace, conserve tires and avoid the 4th pit.

Turned into lap slow, slow for a crash from 1/2 a straight away and get piled up the rear by someone looking out his window at the postman for all I know.

Fast forward to next wednesday please, have to catch Viking :)
Skelo
V Racing

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed May 18, 2005 11:05 pm

Great race guys. Thanks for everyone that gave way for the leaders and if I hit anyone I'm sorry. I don't believe I did, but I'm going to watch my replay. If I did get into someone I'm sorry. Great win Odie, I thought I had my first pole but you beat me by just a little. Maybe next race!\

It must be the wheel (TSW2 Cup)!!!!!

Go Team Marine

Happy great run at the end I wanted to run you down faster but knew if I tried to hard I wouldn't have any tires left at the end. Really good run Happy.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed May 18, 2005 11:05 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Apologies to Ron and Inspector for the taps, had nowhere to go both times.
Yes not your fault at all, car came off the wall and both Famin and I had to brake hard. I blew both my front tyres and took a tow to get back to the pits because I had just past pit entrance and would have had to do 1 whole lap on both front rims. I was pleseantly suprised to find I only had a 14 second tow. :)
Inspector

---

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed May 18, 2005 11:07 pm

It was quite obviously a mistake you made when you spun out next to me Famin, you didn't hit me o_O.
:>

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed May 18, 2005 11:08 pm

Jay wrote:at run at the end I wanted to run you down faster but knew if I tried to hard I wouldn't have any tires left at the end. Really good run Happy.
I thought you were going to blow your tires out driving to try and pass me >8p.
:>

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 11:09 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Apologies to Ron and Inspector for the taps, had nowhere to go both times.
Couldnt expect much less, and the excuse is scripted as always q-

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:11 pm

Bad pit strategy for me and Typhoon. I had it in my head that it was a four stop no matter what, Typhoon jsut likes crazy pit strategies :p

That'll teach me to try and figure out my pit strategy 10 laps into the race :rolleyes:
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm

ronwest wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:Couldnt expect much less, and the excuse is scripted as always q-
Expected a dig Ron. ;p

Anyway it did appear you was losing control of your vehicle in front of me and as I said, I apologise for the unavoidable contact. :)

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed May 18, 2005 11:12 pm

Wood wrote:Well it looks like the pathetic sadsacks lifted there game O_o

Apologies to Flyboy, I didn't even know you were there, I moved up the track to take a better line for the turn and she went to poos >_<

That little episopde possably cost me the race d'oh :mad:
Cost me a 6 places in the standings that little incident, i'm not to sure what to do about it, but apology excepted.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 18, 2005 11:22 pm

What a banger.. come lap 8 after 3 crashes & 1 pitstop I was in 36th place I think, and 3 laps down. How the hell i managed to lap the entire field twice to end up in 9th and only 1 lap down, i'll never know.

Personally, I think there was a few to many new drivers tonight, especially on this track >_<

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 11:22 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
ronwest wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote:Couldnt expect much less, and the excuse is scripted as always q-
Expected a dig Ron. ;p

Anyway it did appear you was losing control of your vehicle in front of me and as I said, I apologise for the unavoidable contact. :)

ya i was, so no biggie had it gathered and was about to get it off the track out of your way when pow. should know to stay the frack away from ya by know :D

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed May 18, 2005 11:25 pm

Well everything was going great for me, up untill the last stint. I looked at the laps to go and thought, "yeah Ill pit a little early and that should easily carry me through to the end".. Big mistake that one. Tyres were wearing quite a bit with 10 laps to go, and Happy and Jay send me back to 4th.. then with two laps to go I hit a spinning car in turn one and pop the front right :( ended up dropping back to 10th ;(

There were a couple of drivers tonight who didnt seem to be able to drive straight at all.. I hope there will be a whole lot more practice before the next race for them. Other than that I think most people drove fairly well tonight.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed May 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Enjoyed tonights race, went with the strategy of slow laps and conserve tyres but i wish i had pushed it just a little bit harder as i still had tyres to do it. disappointed to lose 3 placings on the last lap when i got caught in an accident at turn 4 with the finish line in sight :(

overall gained a placing on the points table so got to be happy :)

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed May 18, 2005 11:30 pm

Woot Monsters still lead the teams placings even after dropping about 100pts to the DuDs... AND I get to qual next week.. hurrah!

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed May 18, 2005 11:31 pm

I think new drivers should be posting driver profiles at least before joining the wednesday night racing,

given they havn't visited our forums before, it'd be good to know a bit about them :)

and to any current driver not in the driver profiles thread, chop chop :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu May 19, 2005 9:02 am

There were a couple of new drivers who I've never seen their name before.

If people sign up at simracerhq, perhaps there should be a compulsory joining here for communication purposes ? I was wondering at one stage if one of the rookies was racing with keys rather than a wheel as everytime someone went past him, he kinda violently swerved around the place.

Race wise, yeah I sucked again, just couldn't get turn 1 sorted out nicely. So followed the usual '"racing for the sponsors" :D approach, and tried to stay high and stay out of peoples' way.

I seem to be the complete opposite each week - one week good, one week bad. I guess I was getting punished for my 2nd in NZ v Aus on Sat ! har har.

Indy next week _b

Still working on SimTV's Odie 180 at Michigan race, been busy with work stuff so if my hangover on Saturday from Fridays Qantas Media Awards isn't too bad, should get it finished. Yeah right.
YouTube videos

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu May 19, 2005 9:27 am

Congrats Odie _b

I had a good start, then got caught in the first lap bingle, then the second lap one and ended up in about 25th, after that it was just a matter of trying to be consistent :)

I didn't have too much trouble with the new guys, whenever I was near one I tried to make room, .......pretty tricky track, was a good test, I expected an uproar in the forums like we had at previous shorter track races but maybe the league is growing past that _b _b _b ....or is it too early to say :p

monsters hanging onto the lead :D

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 19, 2005 10:19 am

Wait for the protests and then decide whether this was a gooden or not ;)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu May 19, 2005 10:39 am

Was a bit disappointed with my final position because I felt I had a top 5 car out there, but I went with a 4 stop strategy because I wasn't sure if I could make the tires last 30 laps.

Looking at the guys who finished ahead of me a 3 stopper was probably the way to go.

A tough track with tire management playing a key part.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu May 19, 2005 11:07 am

Yes, 3 stopping may have been the way to go if you were confident on tire management, I had enough trouble at 25 laps so 30 was gonna be bad, all in all not bad, I didn't finish last at least, therefore heading right direction :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu May 19, 2005 2:01 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Was a bit disappointed with my final position because I felt I had a top 5 car out there, but I went with a 4 stop strategy because I wasn't sure if I could make the tires last 30 laps.

Looking at the guys who finished ahead of me a 3 stopper was probably the way to go.

A tough track with tire management playing a key part.
most unfortunate ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu May 19, 2005 3:19 pm

famin wrote: . . . so I leaned over to tap the 2 key to say pass low, and I compensated to the right and the car went up and hit the wall and then bounced back..
It's for THIS reason, that I always encourage guys to put PASSING autochats on their wheel buttons . . . things that you need INSTANT access to without taking your eyes off the screen.

Some guys have voice activation software for commands as well . . . tho how successful that is, depends on how CALMLY you give those commands in the heat of racing. :D

Post by Guest » Thu May 19, 2005 3:22 pm

rob_c wrote:
famin wrote: . . . so I leaned over to tap the 2 key to say pass low, and I compensated to the right and the car went up and hit the wall and then bounced back..
It's for THIS reason, that I always encourage guys to put PASSING autochats on their wheel buttons . . . things that you need INSTANT access to without taking your eyes off the screen.

Some guys have voice activation software for commands as well . . . tho how successful that is, depends on how CALMLY you give those commands in the heat of racing. :D

just moving over and holding your line works too

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu May 19, 2005 3:56 pm

rob_c wrote:

What I find works even better, is using ventrilo to chat during the race. I have a button on my wheel for ventrilo so dont need to take a hand off the wheel to let my intentions known to other drivers around me. But generally just moving over and taking the high line is enought to let someone know you want them to pass.