New Zealand Racing League - Race 3 - VRConcepts 182 Kansas

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu May 19, 2005 4:12 pm

Bold wrote:What I find works even better, is using ventrilo to chat during the race.
Only if the driver(s) behind you are USING Ventrillo tho. :D

I know, I know . . . you'll say that we should all be on it . . . but I can't handle the distortion from some guys (and the broadcast car noise from guys who use standalone mics and speakers) and the "overlapping messages" that simply become unintelligible . . . and also, just because guys are ON Ventrillo, it doesn't mean that your broadcast message is always heard by everyone . . . or that it's even been TRANSMITTED clearly if someone else is talking at the same time.

Don't get me wrong . . . I think the idea of Voice comm is great . . . when it works properly . . . I just find it more annoying than useful . . . maybe it's the distance to Oz.

At least text is reliable . . . . tho you have to allow time for lag, in case several messages have been queued from other drivers.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu May 19, 2005 4:45 pm

It was a fun race and I thought most of the "veterans" handle themselves well. Wood had some bad luck with getting caught up in the dings, but I think the real problem was the racing seat. So Dan, feel free to send the seat my way and I will show you how you win with it. ;p
Odie

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu May 19, 2005 5:12 pm

Well I had a shocking start. Was suprised to qual (edited - not 4th) 5th. Went into 1 and lifted early knowing everyone would be slow into 1, then Eagle ahead slowed heaps to let someone ahead in. :eek: I braked, and just avoided punting him. But the guy behind had no chance and smacked me in the rear, I spun, lots of cars got involved. D:
Got going again and popped my left front in turn 3, to the outside wall, and missed the pit entrance.
Drove the lap against the wall and spun onto grass entering pits. Held 30 seconds for bad pit entry, left pits, black flag for speeding. Spun reentering pits but only killed tyres, no more penaltys, completed the drive through and rejoined the race in last, 4 laps down and bad tyres. :rolleyes: :ffs:

Got better from there, had good fun passing cars, and letting faster guys by. Thought everyone around me drove really well. Manage to avoid all the accidents for rest of race.
Kept finding that I was pitting at the same time as Odie in each of the three pitstops i did, so my time over the run was almost the same (think i made some time up entering pit road quicker tho). If only.

Finished the race still 4 laps down, but in 18th place. Had no tyres to race TonyG at the end so just let him go. This is one race that I wanna get the replay for, always something going on around ya. :cool:

Hope this was my bad race for the season.
Am enjoying the rookie race within a race with Skelo, and will have to keep on my game to stay ahead. And team Voda got a good result too.

Cant wait till Indy, is it Wednesday yet.
Last edited by Viking on Fri May 20, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu May 19, 2005 5:41 pm

odonohuesp wrote: Wood had some bad luck with getting caught up in the dings, but I think the real problem was the racing seat. So Dan, feel free to send the seat my way and I will show you how you win with it. ;p

Thats quite alright Odie, but here's a deal; if you'd like to jet yourself over here I'll let you have a little go when it arrives ;p
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu May 19, 2005 5:55 pm

Wood wrote:
odonohuesp wrote: Wood had some bad luck with getting caught up in the dings, but I think the real problem was the racing seat. So Dan, feel free to send the seat my way and I will show you how you win with it. ;p

Thats quite alright Odie, but here's a deal; if you'd like to jet yourself over here I'll let you have a little go when it arrives ;p
See I was giving you an out for the lack of luck you experienced last night, but you raced in your lawn chair again. Glad I got the win when I could, who knows what you will be like in a racing seat.

I still think the seat should have gone to the Season 3 Champion :D
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri May 20, 2005 6:15 pm

Any word on the server replay?
Odie

Wood

Post by Wood » Sat May 21, 2005 1:01 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Any word on the server replay?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue May 24, 2005 10:40 pm

Kansas Penalty results are up
here
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 25, 2005 12:06 am

How does a tie result in loss of points, in court it would be a hung jury therefore null result..weird.

As its now Wednesday as I finish this..wahoo let the games begin. :cool:

NOTE:Thread severally pruned for offending comments that where both uncalled for and unfair.
Last edited by Sulley on Wed May 25, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 8:56 am

Sulley wrote:
If that gets me censured or whatever tough bickies, I may not do much on the track but I support my drivers to the hilt.

I cant see how accusing the committee of being rigged is supporting your drivers, or the league for that matter.

You have been a great advocate of the league racing accross all the series, and to see you accusing the committee of rigging the penelties to suit the duds is disappointing, and somewhat bazzar considering 2 monsters drivers are on the committee as well.

Some could consider, using your logic, being that the top 4 teams in points are represented on the committee, that the entire league is rigged in their favor.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed May 25, 2005 9:33 am

ronwest wrote:
Sulley wrote:
If that gets me censured or whatever tough bickies, I may not do much on the track but I support my drivers to the hilt.

I cant see how accusing the committee of being rigged is supporting your drivers, or the league for that matter.

You have been a great advocate of the league racing accross all the series, and to see you accusing the committee of rigging the penelties to suit the duds is disappointing, and somewhat bazzar considering 2 monsters drivers are on the committee as well.

Some could consider, using your logic, being that the top 4 teams in points are represented on the committee, that the entire league is rigged in their favor.
And so it begins....

Rigged...I didn't mean to to give that impression, for that I apologise.

I do not apologise for being vocal about my displeasure about the results however, and as to having 2 Monsters on the commitee, they would not be part of the analysis of an incident involving a Monster anyway.

I intended to demonstrate that I was backing my drivers, obviously I failed to differentiate that from apparent attacking of the committee.

I still have a query in regard to the tied result of one protest still resulting in points loss.

I will consult with my team and see if I have over steps my bounds from their perspective, if so then changes will be made accordingly.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 25, 2005 10:39 am

[edit] This post is now irrelevant as the whole thing was a mis-communication
Last edited by Eagle32 on Wed May 25, 2005 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 25, 2005 10:51 am

How many are on the commitee? We should ensure it's an odd number to make all decisions majority decisions.

Personally, if half the commitee think Wood did something worthy of a penalty then he should count himself lucky he only lost 6 points or whatever it was. The penaltys are there to make us all think before we jink.

That is all.

Carry on.

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

Post by Guest » Wed May 25, 2005 10:57 am

5 however, yet again one decided not to vote, hurts his image i think

but your right, half the committee that voted, saw him guilty, i guess thats why he got half the penelty.
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 25, 2005 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 25, 2005 10:59 am

ronwest wrote:5 however, yet again one decided not to vote, hurts his image i think
One decided not to vote? Why?

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 25, 2005 11:27 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Personally, if half the commitee think Wood did something worthy of a penalty then he should count himself lucky he only lost 6 points or whatever it was.
But then half of them agreed I did nothing wrong. It's a totally redundant point.

I believe that before penalties are dished out that It needs to be conclusively proven that the driver was in the wrong.

Would you like to be hung on that decision?

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed May 25, 2005 11:41 am

[edit] This post is now irrelevant as the whole thing was a mis-communication
Last edited by Eagle32 on Wed May 25, 2005 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed May 25, 2005 12:15 pm

Sulley,

All committee members are asked to vote on every protest, whether a member of their team was involved or not. We feel that a decision can be made without the consideration of who the drivers are. If your theory would have been used then only 1 committee members vote would have counted and we can have 1 person making the call of penalties or how the league is ran.

Nothing against Pat here, but he ran the Wednesday league before we came to what we are today and he made the decisions for the league. I had no problems with this; they were the rules and I lived by them. Now we have a committee of veteran drivers and we use the input from the league to try and come up with the best possible solution for the league.

The penalty points are decided by the average of the penalties to be issued.
Odie

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 25, 2005 12:27 pm

Wood wrote:
But then half of them agreed I did nothing wrong. It's a totally redundant point.

I believe that before penalties are dished out that It needs to be conclusively proven that the driver was in the wrong.

Would you like to be hung on that decision?
I said I think you were damn lucky to only lose 6 points when quite obviously half the commitee thought what you'd done was avoidable.

Whether or not you actually should have been penalised is another matter and one that probably should be clarified in our (increasingly detailed) rules.

Bottom line is dude...pay more attention to what you're doing next time. If I'd cut someone off during pitting or knocked someone off the track because I didn't look where I was driving then I'd fully expect to be protested against.

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 25, 2005 12:29 pm

I take it you have seen the incident at hand then?

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 25, 2005 12:34 pm

Wood wrote:I take it you have seen the incident at hand then?
No. Does it matter? I read the judgements, that's good enough for me.

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 25, 2005 12:36 pm

An informed oppinion always helps skuzz.

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed May 25, 2005 12:41 pm

odonohuesp wrote:There will be no requirement to pit on the back stretch, just remember you are responsible to make a safe pit entrance.
Nothing wrong with pitting on the corner, but when it is coming from the high line and making another driver back off to miss you it can not be called a safe pit entrance.

As it was a tied result why was the 5th person not asked to vote on it to decide the outcome. We are not little school kids that are going to cheat and make decisions on whether it will hurt my team or not. And if that is the case you are cheating your team aswell as the others.
Last edited by wide load on Wed May 25, 2005 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed May 25, 2005 12:43 pm

Wood wrote:An informed oppinion always helps skuzz.
The commitee have found you guilty have they not?

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed May 25, 2005 12:47 pm

wide load wrote:
odonohuesp wrote:There will be no requirement to pit on the back stretch, just remember you are responsible to make a safe pit entrance.
Nothing wrong with pitting on the corner, but when it is coming from the high line and making another driver back off to miss you it can not be called a safe pit entrance.
I agree with you Big Al, but as I outlined in my defence (not sure if you've seen it) I was not on the high line by choice. If the actions of a third party were removed from the equation this would be an open and shut case, but its not, hence the TIED result.