Nascar CTS League - Race 5 Hillside International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
chronic

Post by chronic » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:54 pm

rob_c57 wrote: Speaking of speed differences, what are your thoughts on situations where a lapped driver is faster than a lead car/group that he encounters ? . . . it usually happens when a lapped car has pitted and the lead lap cars haven't yet . . . If I'm ever in the lead lap car's situation, I will always call thru the lapped (faster) car, so that I can maybe get a draft from him . . . but several times at Hillside, I caught up with a car/s that had a lap up on me, and I was getting frustrated as I was obviously faster than them . . . and I could see a car "For Position" that was one or two cars away . . . but I could never get the chance to give chase to them. ;(
I always let lapped cars through that are faster whenever I can as I think that's just common courtesy.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:53 am

Race report posted at SimRacerHQ. Sorry to take so long about getting the news up on the site. Have been a bit busy lately.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:17 am

And speaking of busy . . . I've only just finished recording clips of sports car race at Daytona RC, haven't even had a look at the CTS replay for Hillside.

Add a Trans Tasman race and work committments with CampbellLive = SimTV coverage will get there, but it'll be a bit slow.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:58 pm

Happy wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote:For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you. Bully boy drivers are out there. It can be hard to pick them from those that make genuine errors though.
It may have seemed like I was a bully to you at hillside skuzzlebut after passing you twice where you bounced off me.

You were racing the track like it was a road course, where you would cut a cross the apex (watch the replay)

I had my nose up the inside and you turned in on me. Whether or not I should not have passed you is not the point, you didn't hold your line, so I hope you don't think those 2 dings were me 'bullying' you ;p
I was holding my f--king line and whether or not you should have passed me is completely the point.

The 2nd one, rightly or wrongly, I was deliberately trying to cut you off because of the first incident. Completely my fault and I was seeing red at the time.

If you consider that (the first ding) having your nose up the inside then you, my friend, are a bullying driver whether you know it or not. I wasn't driving the track like a road course, I was taking a fast, comfortable line. I may not have been hugging the yellow line but that doen't give you the right to drive into the back of me. Given the fact you were too far back to make a legitimate pass and that I stupidly thought you may have wanted to race with me for a while, I continued to do so. The fact you jammed yourself into the back of me the first chance you got makes a complete mockery of the "sensible" or "considerate" driving we're always touting round here. If you'd not been so eager to pass you'd have found I'd let you through soon enough, it was after all only halfway through the damn race, far too early to be pushing so hard.
Don't make me destroy you.

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:19 pm

Perfect song for ya Prom,

Black Eyed Peas - Where is the Love

:grouphug:
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:52 am

I got ripped 3 ways from sunday, you don't hear me moaning...

The track should be sponsored by Lotto.... :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:37 am

Sulley wrote:I got ripped 3 ways from sunday, you don't hear me moaning...

You want a medal or something?

It's not about being ripped. It's about patience. I got ripped numerous times that race and I'm not complaining any of that shite.
Don't make me destroy you.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:49 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Sulley wrote:I got ripped 3 ways from sunday, you don't hear me moaning...

You want a medal or something?

It's not about being ripped. It's about patience. I got ripped numerous times that race and I'm not complaining any of that shite.
Yes Platinum Medal thanks.... :D

Err sorry if I appeared to be having a go at you, was a general statement that I probably shoulda considered more carefully before posting.

I agree patience is key...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"