Nascar CTS League - Race 5 Hillside International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Jay

TEAM MARVEL?????? WHAT TEAM????

Post by Jay » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:18 pm

Looks like you are first in line behind RedValiant.[/quote]

I hate it guys that I couldn't connect to the server on Weds for some reason. Still haven't figure that one out? I was in the race for practice and went to options to fix some settings and was booted to the main screen and had to try and re-connect and with no success. Looks like I missed a fun one. After looking at the little clip of my own teammate hitting another old teammate that recommended him to the team, I'm glad I wasn't in the race, I would have to be second in line behind Red and Ron. Ron was clearly ahead of Pat as the wreck occurred going into the corner. Pat what were you thinking????

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:22 pm

Danman wrote:Who would be in for league with both damage and yellows on?
has been mentioned, perheps a select few(20) could give it a test season

tracks other than superspeedways would be good, if we can learn to control and race cars on 1 mile tracks, we should see an improvement in the bigger tracks.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

famin

Post by famin » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:24 pm

cup cars and no superspeedways Ron?

Id be back!

(be afraid... be very afraid!) :cute:

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:32 pm

famin wrote:cup cars and no superspeedways Ron?

Id be back!

possibily consider a fixed-open setup too ie everyone starts with the same setup, this allows tweaking and adjusting to be done during the practice and race sessions

truck or car is up to the masses, cars are more stable, but have more oopph, which makes them unstable.

it's really up to the masses, and would have to be in the interest of the surrent community, last thing we need is a rival league.

is something i had planned too chat about at easter along with the discussion about long term plans for a proper pallnng committee for online racing.

last nights r factor session, also highlighted that there will be new options this year for newer and better games to be used for racing, again something else that needs to be discussed or the easter weekend.

gonna be a busy few days :D

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:52 pm

I'd try anything :)

But I can see it now, the comments in the forum .....

this is the third race I've been tapped into the wall and my engine has blown, I give up, have fun i'm off

While it's fun to have damage and yellows, it's not fun when you're no longer racing cause your car is toast.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:09 pm

BAZZIL wrote:I'd try anything :)

this is the third race I've been tapped into the wall and my engine has blown, I give up, have fun i'm off

While it's fun to have damage and yellows, it's not fun when you're no longer racing cause your car is toast.
bingles will still happen, the idea is to analyze the outcome. final race results wouldnt be as important as the post race discussion, with the incidents being looked at and suggestion's via vids showing where and why it happened, how it could be avoided.

if someones getting taken out everyweek, then maybe there needs to be some education for them, as they maybe putting themselves into a situation that they could best avoid, might mean giving up a spot, but they get to race on, and they might just get that spot and a few more back later into the race.

there was some good racing going on last night, when certain people where not in traffic, which i think shows how far the wednesday night series has come over the last 3 seasons.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:10 pm

BAZZIL wrote:I'd try anything :)

Yeah the end result is ppl dont want to put as much effort in on the practise side of it as its a waste of time when you get ripped.
Less practise.... more chance of getting ripppered.

Catch 22
"Run Yasmine Run"

Danman

Post by Danman » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:18 pm

Id be back!

Actually I was thinking it is superspeedways that you need yellows on, so that there is allways the chance to stay on the lead lap. I just thought it would be fun to go into full sim mode, and where crashes have real conseqences - just look at how everyone (usually) drives much more carefully in the road leagues because there is damage on and therefore you cant afford to have a ding.

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:25 pm

Danman wrote:

Id be back!

Actually I was thinking it is superspeedways that you need yellows on, so that there is allways the chance to stay on the lead lap. I just thought it would be fun to go into full sim mode, and where crashes have real conseqences - just look at how everyone (usually) drives much more carefully in the road leagues because there is damage on and therefore you cant afford to have a ding.
superspeedways have one disadvantage, you drive with your right foot flat to the floor and in general chase the guy in front.

smaller tracks require you to think about the correct line, the setting up of a pass, the correct completion of the pass, tire and fuel stratergy etc

once you learn it on small tracks, it translates quite nicely to superspeedways

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:26 pm

We've tried yellows before, and all you do is go round in a pack at pace car speed the whole race. Every yellow bunches the field up, every time ze field gets bunched up there are dings. Yellows = more dings.
:>

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:30 pm

Happy wrote:We've tried yellows before, and all you do is go round in a pack at pace car speed the whole race. Every yellow bunches the field up, every time ze field gets bunched up there are dings. Yellows = more dings.
not in the last 3 years happy :D

this wouldnt be a full blown league, just a few guys that want to try yellows on. those that get sick of them or get ripped would be welcome to leave, those that are hard enough will suck it up, and work at it to make it work.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:30 pm

Maybe some ppl need to troll round a bit at 55-70mph. It might help their drafting skills.

Maybe U Hippy !

Maybe me 2
"Run Yasmine Run"

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:52 pm

lewl >8p

Well I dont know about you lot but Im not racing in a yellow flag race >8p

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:10 pm

Sounds a bit like VSK when you put it that way :D
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:37 pm

UnbounD wrote:

Yeah the end result is ppl dont want to put as much effort in on the practise side of it as its a waste of time when you get ripped.
Less practise.... more chance of getting ripppered.

Catch 22
Personnally i race in the CTS league because i'm not prepared nor have the time to devote to much practise. Some drivers are just there for abit of fun and some are using what little time they have been given away from family duties. One thing is for sure, CTS has the strongest following of any of the leagues and it's not cause we are Nascar Truck fans (can you even watch it on TV?)

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:46 pm

being the only nascar league available, it should have the strongest following.

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:52 pm

I agree with Mattly there, even with the dings CTS is great fun.

It's a fairly level playing field and time commitment needed is not huge even if you want to be competitive.

mikool

Post by mikool » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:53 pm

Happy wrote:lewl >8p

Why don't we give yellows a go? maybe on the tuesday night practice.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:16 pm

mikool wrote:
Happy wrote:lewl >8p

Why don't we give yellows a go? maybe on the tuesday night practice.
Yus I think we should give it a bit of a test, so you can all see how it goes >8D

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 6:17 pm

I know yellows have been tried in the past so I expect a fair few people will already have there mind made up about them. The rest of us are going to keep being annoying because we have yet to feel the pain :p

I'd certainly be interested in joining a mini testing series with damage and yellows on. I'm sure it will be chaotic to start with, with few people having had to line backup at low speed during a race before but I would expect that part would settle down with some practice.

As Mikool says maybe just those that want to run 20% on a Monday or Tuesday? Some degree of brutal beating would obviously have to be imposed on anyone intentionally ferking it up in an effort to make things seem worse than they are. :p But no one would go around intentionally running there teammates off the track during a practice race would they Inspector? :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:04 pm

I run in another league on Saturday's and we ran at Daytona with Full damage and yellows. We ran 70 laps, we ran the side by side for about 5 laps until an enhgine popped. Here are the stats:

Name: Flordia Dodge Dealers 250 Track: Daytona International Speedway
Division: 2005 LFRS Truck Series Status: Completed
Sponsor: Cautions: 4 (12 laps)
Lead Changes: 11 (4 drivers) Weather: Clear, 48 °F, Northwest 5 mph
Pitstop Frequency: 2x
Odie

M

Post by M » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:27 pm

I'd be keen on damage and yellows. Count me in for testing.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:01 pm

Every league that I've ever run in over here in Oz, has always been Yellows and Damage On . . . and the reason that the admins always give for running them that way is because they want their racing to be "As Real As Possible" . . .and that guys take too many chances if the settings are turned OFF.

That's all well and good if you have a group of guys who are all super keen (who Practice a lot) and super polite (who always give room) and who trust each either 100%.

Only problem is : it's really hard to get a large number of like-minded drivers together.

I love having Yellows and Damage OFF . . . because far too many times (as I'm usually in the back half of the pack) I get caught up in other drivers' incidents . . . and either suffer damage that makes me even SLOWER, or I have to retire . . . at least with these settings OFF, you get to keep going and all you've lost is time.

Sure, it still really annoys you when you get involved in others' wrecks and on the smaller tracks, the lead pack catches those slow cars up again too soon, and that can lead to more incidents and/or frustration.

But I do enjoy at least finishing a race under full power . . . even tho I may be several laps down. :D

Speaking of speed differences, what are your thoughts on situations where a lapped driver is faster than a lead car/group that he encounters ? . . . it usually happens when a lapped car has pitted and the lead lap cars haven't yet . . . If I'm ever in the lead lap car's situation, I will always call thru the lapped (faster) car, so that I can maybe get a draft from him . . . but several times at Hillside, I caught up with a car/s that had a lap up on me, and I was getting frustrated as I was obviously faster than them . . . and I could see a car "For Position" that was one or two cars away . . . but I could never get the chance to give chase to them. ;(

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:19 pm

Quite right Rob :)

With drivers that are a lap down but going faster, you let them through if you're a lap up, why race a car that you are not racing for position ? you let them by :)

If you watch nascar on TV and listen to the commentators, they are always saying "don't race someone who's not for position" and lapped cars have come out of the pits with adjustments made making their cars faster than the leaders, The leaders gladly let them by, why hold them up and get your car dinged by a tap from the back ?
Boom Boom !

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:22 pm

I'd be keen for a yellows test race (we may need a few test races also, just one I don't think will give us a good enough idea, we need to try it on different tracks)

Yellows i'd probably vote yes, because I think we can actualy (almost) race long enough without dings, but damage, i'd vote No, mainly because in an online situation you get Lag, cars move sideways with lag sometimes and if your car ends up dinged you're race is screwed, and you're racing to have fun right ?, lag is not as realistic as possible because in real life there is no lag, so having damage on and getting ripped because of lag is not realistic :)
Boom Boom !