Nascar CTS League - Race 5 Hillside International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:35 am

Boy that was a tough track. I did ok for a while dodging dings but then the race went to crap for me :)
That track is a nasty place to wreck as there is no runoff anywhere, and I know I caused a few dings as I got stuck at the bottom of a turn facing the wrong way or on the wall at the top of a turn. The banking is so steep sometimes its impossible to stop yourself sliding down the track after a crash.
Anyway sorry to anyone caught up in dings caused by me trying to right myself.

And yes lets lose Dover :D

Noon416

Post by Noon416 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:47 am

Have to offer full credit to Arran Foster for his patience, waiting 4-5 laps worth of time for a safe opportunity to come down off turn2, instead of doing what too many other racers did (moving straight back into traffic and causing another accident).

Have to say lap 58 will be a favourite among the 'crash-a-holics". Every point on the race track had tyre smoke on that lap. Very messy. ;)

And my apologies for the Ventrilo "open mic" incident after the race. Hadn't plugged my mic in and hadn't configured ventrilo properly. :crazy:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:55 am

RedValiant wrote:Ummm, i guess you're not meaning me when you are talking of protests, but why protest the worst offenders and not the consistent offenders and the aggro, skill-challenged guys who fly past you when you slow for bings, or decide their is agap there and you will yield?
I didn't have any problem with your driving Red, infact I believe you were involved in a 2 wide passing move with me and someone else that took us past 5 cars that were on the low-line without any inccident. I also didn't hear anyone else say anything bad about your driving on Ventrilo.

The problem in the protests is that half of us are either to lazy or forget to submit them as I said. You also only get half of a lot of conversations when your not on Ventrilo because there is a lot of talk between guys in there after inccidents. Drivers will frequently apologise for a bad decision and the other driver will agree "shit happens" and that is quite frequently the end of it Especially between the drivers that have been around for a while and know that that person doesn't make a habit of it.
RedValiant wrote:Truck 105 is as bad as the others week in and no one says boo
No one said "boo" but if you were listening to Ventrilo during the race you wold have heard cursing from several people regarding his driving. I personally didn't have an issue but words were certainly said.

Did I mention Ventrilo? :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:59 am

Come on Pat pick up ya form...I was following you for a number of laps and trying to get past ya but every time i tried you just came down on me even on the straights O_o

First half of the race was awesome for me. I just slowed right down for every crash weaved my way thru and got to the lead. But after my first pitstop it all turned to crap, even slowing down you end up hitting someone when there are so many trucks zig zagging everywhere...lol

I won't mention Cronik's name at all tho ;p ...ya sack ;p

Red Valiant you drove really well so keep up the good work laddy (what i saw of ya anyways) :)
Wah Wah Wah

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:39 am

k . . . well . . . I've watched the replay . . . and I have to apolgize for two incidents :

1) (my) lap 54 : I glanced off the outside wall, over-compensated and spun . . . causing several cars behind me to collide in trying to avoid me . . . I ended up wrong way round on the outside of the pit wall at T1 . . . I couldn't go forward to turn around (as I couldn't see round the corner), so I had to reverse along the length of the pit wall till I was past it, so I could do a 180 on the pit exit . . . unfortunately, several guys ended up behind me (nose into wall) while I was reversing . . . and probably didn't realize what I was doing.

2) (my) lap 130 : I was attempting a pass on 313 into a turn . . . I put a wheel on the apron which spat me towards the outside . . . to avoid hitting 313 on my outside, I veered left . . . which put me on the apron . . . then on the grass . . . from then on I was a passenger as I slid back onto the track . . . nailing 313 (who had just been hit by another car) and then 909 couldn't avoid us.

As far as Ventrillo goes, I have always hated voice during a race when you only hear every second or third word sometimes . . . or when guys talk over each other . . . I've always preferred Paltalk for a Post-race meeting . . . only one person can talk at a time . . . and those who don't have mics can type . . . . besides, as I don't know your voices yet (and your ACCENTS) I wouldn't know who was saying what. :D

But on a positive note : I don't think anyone had any dramas with my driving on my first time with your guys ? . . . I always called thru cars who were a lap up on me . . . and I threaded my way carefully thru accidents . . . if anyone does have any problems with me, feel free to message me.

bman

Post by bman » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:44 am

What accents???!

Hahahaaaa!

I thought you went really well judging by the fact that you fit right in to the action no problems at all!

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:19 pm

Snake Rogers wrote: I won't mention Cronik's name at all tho ;p ...ya sack ;p
Apologies once again snake. ;p

I must admit normally in that situation I might have backed off a little and allowed you some room, however I had just rejoined the track after yet another ding I wasn't able to avoid and was getting a little heated at losing positions so I guess my mindset at the time was I wasn't giving an inch.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:28 pm

rob_c57 wrote: But on a positive note : I don't think anyone had any dramas with my driving on my first time with your guys ? . . . I always called thru cars who were a lap up on me . . . and I threaded my way carefully thru accidents . . . if anyone does have any problems with me, feel free to message me.
Welcome aboard, it was a tough track to race for the 1st time with this mad bunch of people in this league :D What's with the Easter Bunny paint theme ? :D

Well done on the racing though, it was manic and fun of sorts. Superspeedways do have a higher element of teamwork and timing for overtaking, last night was just a slaughterhouse, survival of the fittest and luckiest.

limbo

Post by limbo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:38 pm

ignorant drivers, arrogant drivers, selfish drivers.
drivers who dont care. drivers who re-enter the track without concern.
drivers who cant find the f2 key. drivers who think a win is good at any cost.
drivers who dont know how to share the track.
(drivers who would be BANNED in a REAL race car series)
now i remember why i dont race CTS.

every race in sportscar i lose laps because of these bustids,
funnily though, it didnt happen so much last season.
(consider the influx of CTS drivers)
(and i would be curious asto the AGES of the offenders)
(patience comes wth maturity)
and thats not a dig at the lad either, he has better race craft than most
and is willing/WANTING to learn

funny thing... the names all seem to be the same in both series.
ahh! karma will get them (i hope)
Wood Challis and the other hotshoes win because they are fast
not because they push and force their way through the traffic.

its thursday v8's tonight
where the drivers are polite (usually)
the racing is hard and the complaints are few.

just my two cents worth.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:52 pm

A stinging attack from the Limbster :) Since you're not holding back why don't ya name names then?

In case I'm one of them (I hope not)...I'm 30.

:D :cool: _b
Don't make me destroy you.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:07 pm

Spit it out limbo who are you talking about?

Anyway you will fit right in with comments like that ;p
Wah Wah Wah

limbo

Post by limbo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:40 pm

haahaa, yeah i fit right in. LOL nice to be recognised.

i dont want to mention names.... cos its not nice.
(but re-reading old threads may help.)
and to be honest i have missed to many races in the last to few weeks to
make a legitamate comment on anybodies driving.

but i have noticed that the complaints in both apre race threads
(CTS and SportsCar)
are always about the same drivers... week in week out.
it is my opinion that the major problem is lack of
courtesy and consideration for fellow drivers...
patience also seems to be lacking...
i am among the slower drivers out there, i expect to be
lapped, overtaken and occasionaly tagged under brakes,
shit happens!
but... wood slows down until i can find a safe place to lift off
and let him pass, as do most of the TOP drivers.
(dont read top as meaning fast.)
but the not quite as 'top' drivers force the pass at inconvenient times
and in 'dangerous' situations. they will duck under at the entrance to a turn, only to be in the way at the exit. needing evasive driving and hard braking to avoid them. we all use different lines into a corner, different brake markers and different styles of driving...
it is up to the following driver to make allowances for this.

A SLOWER DRIVER DOES NOT HAVE TO GIVE THE ROAD TO ANYBODY ON THE SAME LAP.

a few of the drivers seem to think that IT IS THE SLOWER DRIVER'S responsibility to give way.. and they drive accordingly.

perhaps 'Flatout' may be a better series for them ;)

look to the final turn at limerock. and watch every car past that point....
most are trying to get under the driver in front IN THE TURN.
the corner has a long sweep with multiple lines through it...
why not lift off a little then get past a slower driver under brakes at the end of the straight. you would be surprised, he may even give you the turn.

at times it is like a desert scramble out there.
or maybe just the rush for the canteen at school recess.
(pushing shoving tripping)
other times it is immense fun.

the above diatribe is a personal opinion and does not reflect the
board or admins position in any way..
(legal rider)

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:56 pm

For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you. Bully boy drivers are out there. It can be hard to pick them from those that make genuine errors though.
Don't make me destroy you.

limbo

Post by limbo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:06 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you. Bully boy drivers are out there. It can be hard to pick them from those that make genuine errors though.

the main reason I -:

havent named names,
made a protest or
complained too much.

but i was gunna get ventrilo, only to see you everybody was saying about
my driving. then i thought... can i handle the raw truth...?

(you dont see me on ventrilo do you)

limbo

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:34 pm

Replay up

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:36 pm

Prom...The easter bunny truck was being ran by Ron Westland I believe. He was promoting the Easter Lan that will be going on.
Odie

famin

Post by famin » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:54 pm

FWiW I 100% agree with limbo. Its why I dont run ovals.

and I DO admit to falling into doing the same back which is ALSO and in addition why I dont run ovals.

I also agree re the TOP drivers... imho thats one reason why Wood, Inspector and Odie consistently get to the top, they THINK about their driving and thelimitations of the sim.

Maybe those 'other' bully drivers are just trying a wee bit too hard in order to keep up with Wood? Its the pressure to perform.

I DO remember having fast drivers come up behind me in oval racing and expect them to draft for a while until I made a mistake but they immediately start poking their nose down the inside looking for that pass. I couldnt trust them at all.

Sorry, shouldnt have posted in here as Im not running ovals but limbos post rang a loud chord with me.

Its the top 2 inches innit?

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm not the "wascally wabbit" . . . you would have only seen me in a Generic 757 . . . as I haven't uploaded a carfile yet.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:07 pm

famin wrote:FWiW I 100% agree with limbo. Its why I dont run ovals.

and I DO admit to falling into doing the same back which is ALSO and in addition why I dont run ovals.

I also agree re the TOP drivers... imho thats one reason why Wood, Inspector and Odie consistently get to the top, they THINK about their driving and thelimitations of the sim.

Maybe those 'other' bully drivers are just trying a wee bit too hard in order to keep up with Wood? Its the pressure to perform.

I DO remember having fast drivers come up behind me in oval racing and expect them to draft for a while until I made a mistake but they immediately start poking their nose down the inside looking for that pass. I couldnt trust them at all.

Sorry, shouldnt have posted in here as Im not running ovals but limbos post rang a loud chord with me.

Its the top 2 inches innit?
Why is Limbo posting here anyway...are you racing with us in cts?
Wah Wah Wah

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:16 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:A stinging attack from the Limbster :) Since you're not holding back why don't ya name names then?

In case I'm one of them (I hope not)...I'm 30.

:D :cool: _b
Shit thats old.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:42 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:

Tis a public forum, tis it not ???

as far as sports car goes, i dont of any compliants regarding drivers of late, my email inbox is pretty quiet there.

To Little Red, ya there are lots of guys that ciuld be named, but the worst 2 from last night need to looked at, as they do cause issues every week, and where the only two i can protest about as they where the two that used my for target practice.

if anyone had an issue with the bunny last ight, please let me know.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:44 pm

rob_c57 wrote:I'm not the "wascally wabbit" . . . you would have only seen me in a Generic 757 . . . as I haven't uploaded a carfile yet.
My bad. Sorry. Hope you enjoyed the racing anyway :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:05 pm

I don't know why you guys bother to complain about people and then fail to say who they are, how are those that you are complaining about meant to lift their game if you don't say who it is ?

It's almost like you're throwing tantrums for a bit of sympathy.

when Doug (soz doug ;p) wasn't doing so great around others in CTS, we all made well sure he knew we weren't happy with the way he was driving, he came and discussed it, and look at him now !
He's been cranking along in the current CTS league quite nicely.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:23 pm

BAZZIL wrote:I don't know why you guys bother to complain about people and then fail to say who they are, how are those that you are complaining about meant to lift their game if you don't say who it is ?

It's almost like you're throwing tantrums for a bit of sympathy.

when Doug (soz doug ;p) wasn't doing so great around others in CTS, we all made well sure he knew we weren't happy with the way he was driving, he came and discussed it, and look at him now !
He's been cranking along in the current CTS league quite nicely.
totally agree. If you dont want to name people in the forum then at least PM that person and advise what you think would help to make the racing more enjoyable for all involved, for all i know it could me people are not happy with but as i have not been named or approached i will assume im doing ok...... apart from one or two incidents :cute:

please feel free to name me in the open forum if you have any concerns with me, i will not take it personally and will most likely thank you for pointing out the error of my ways.
Last edited by Big Al on Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:24 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
I see famin couldn't resist chiming in either. ;p

I agree about naming people though, I usually don't hold back naming someone I'm unhappy with so when I'm at fault I don't mind being on the receiving end either.