Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:47 pm

Come out and say it Limbo who is it?

It's not like an aussie to hold back is it O_o
Wah Wah Wah

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:47 pm

First off thanks to everyone for not beating the hell out of my truck and giving me the luck to make it through the dings to become this seasons first 2 time winner. I would also like to thank my sponsors Wolverine, Team Marvel and TonyG Designs. Without them this win would not have been possible.

Now some serious comments and a few jokes.

The only problem I had with the wabbit, was the color of his truck.

Red, I felt you ran a fine race. I followed behind you for quite a bit and you did well. I waited for a mistake on your part to get by.

BMAN - I hope you didn't take my comment the wrong way last night. I was following you when the 2 Monster truck were in the middle of the track and you slowed to split the 2 of them and I followed.

Unbound, Snake and Cronic - Tough break for the 3 of you. I know at one time I was at least a lap down to all of you, but through bad luck on your parts, I manage to get back on the lead lap and then into the lead. I know at one point I was up to 2nd place when I was trying to avoid the dings and Flyboy was doing the same, but I applied to much brake one time and Flyboy had no choice, but to hit me, but he did try to slow and avoid me. Tough break there.

As Cronic has stated this was a very tough track to run with such a larger group, but it is good experience. I believe we as a league need to get use to running on a smaller track, so we can throw some new tracks into the mix...similar to what the RL CTS drivers are running.
Odie

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:56 pm

Please excuse me if I'm butting in (being a newbie to your Group), but . . . .

I've never been a fan of naming people in Public Forums.

Which is why I think it's a much better idea to have a Post-Race meeting where people can discuss incidents . . . and at least hear the other side of any driver(s) who are involved.

But yeah . . . I really did enjoy my first run with you guys . . . as I said . . . I found it really intense, concentrating for the whole run without a break for Yellows . . . and I was a lather of sweat by the end . . . even tho I was only a midfielder. :>

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:08 pm

Don't feel you can't speak out Rob just cause you havn't been in our League for long :)

We do have a post race meeting on ventrilo :)
and this thread here is our post race meeting too :D

but how does one hear the other side of the story when one does not know who the other side is :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:10 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:For what it's worth, I tend to agree with you. Bully boy drivers are out there. It can be hard to pick them from those that make genuine errors though.
It may have seemed like I was a bully to you at hillside skuzzlebut after passing you twice where you bounced off me.

You were racing the track like it was a road course, where you would cut a cross the apex (watch the replay)

I had my nose up the inside and you turned in on me. Whether or not I should not have passed you is not the point, you didn't hold your line, so I hope you don't think those 2 dings were me 'bullying' you ;p
:>

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:36 pm

It was good. I liked it. Bring on Bristol!
"Run Yasmine Run"

limbo

Post by limbo » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:06 pm

limbo posted here cos limbo is an opiniated, boorish, middle-aged man who cant mind his own business.
(and as Ron pointed out it is a public forum....)

limbo was PROMPTED to post here cos the type of incidents and names seem to be repeated in SportsCar threads.

limbo does not race CTS but he does race Oceanic Sports Cars (formerly SportsCarPro) therefore can comment on the racecraft and racemanners
of those who race the sportscars. a lot of those names appear on the CTS roster also.

i cant name names, i havent raced for two meets... any thing i say would be history, not current and therefore subject to the vagaries of failing memory.
But I dont wanna 'name names', it wont do much good.
consider this though...

if you are worried that you may be a 'name' than you yourself hold your driving suspect....

i was not compaining about anyone in particular.
I dont have incedents with the same people every week.
there is no one in particular to name
i was just trying to point out an 'interesting' trend on a statiscal curve

;)

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:20 pm

;)
Wah Wah Wah

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:58 pm

Noon416 wrote:Have to offer full credit to Arran Foster for his patience, waiting 4-5 laps worth of time for a safe opportunity to come down off turn2, instead of doing what too many other racers did (moving straight back into traffic and causing another accident).
Thanks mate, combination of self-preservation, and not wanting to cause a protest worthy incident, lose 4 laps better than 25 points. :rolleyes:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Good on ya arran, was wondering what that truck was doing up on the track there for so long lol.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:50 pm

me too ;p
Boom Boom !

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:51 pm

RedValiant wrote: Truck 105 is as bad as the others week in and no one says boo, ( proof that there is a God is on Lap 155-odd when , after barging his way through a pack a lap earlier and getting crossed up, he barrels into a multi-car brawl in an attempt to pass the entire field and gets nailed).
I absolutely reject RedValiant's inference that I drove badly at Hillside. I have just spent 2 hours watching the replay and making notes.

Only three people have cause to question my driving as follows:
Lap 53 G Davey. I got loose while passing him on the inside and tapped him into the outer wall. My error.

Lap 127 Snake. I'm racing in front of Snake, I get loose and Snake tags me and he spins. Not his fault. I'm in 22nd place and he is in 7th place. I should not have been racing him. My error.

and
Lap150 Live M. I'm passing Live M on the inside, get loose and tap him and the accident unwittingly involves Unbound. I see this one as a racing incident.

At no time did I come in 'contact' with RedValiant. In fact I had to take avoiding action to prevent hitting him on lap 157 as he attempted to regain the track from the apron.

I WAS involved in many incidents and crashes but I didn't cause any of the many multi-car pileups which happened throughout the race. In some cases I went high, some I went low and others I backed off. Not all of those decisions were good ones in the particular circumstance and so I got away with some and didn't get away with others.

I raced the whole night on the low to middle 'groove'. My lines were regular and straight except for the occasions where I made turning in errors and was quite pleased with my racing conduct. I was making up places after each bingle and got as high as 9th place. My race pace was easily in the top third of the field. I made mistakes, sure, but who among us doesn't. (All please line up behind RedValiant :D )

I consider that to be singled out amongst all of the posts is grossly unfair and I challenge anyone who still feels that they have a bitch about my driving on the night (besides the 3 I have already mentioned) to bring the 'incident' to my attention.
Last edited by Chequers on Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:56 pm

:grouphug:
Boom Boom !

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:59 pm

what replay did you watch pat, and did you have both eyes open

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:04 pm

ronwest wrote:what replay did you watch pat, and did you have both eyes open
If you want to kick my arse Ron BE SPECIFIC. I know I hit you a couple of times but they were unavoidable pileups started by others and not caused by me.
Looks like you are first in line behind RedValiant.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:25 pm

Chequers wrote:
If you want to kick my arse Ron BE SPECIFIC. I know I hit you a couple of times but they were unavoidable pileups started by others and not caused by me.
Its not up to Ron, anyway, do you read the rules, know who are the organisers etc..doesn't look like it, the protests lodged will be judged and you will be notified accordingly I'm sure.

I have a challenge for YOU dude...run a race and not feature so badly in the commentary during and after the race. If you fell badly done by in comments in your driving, the best way for you to show em is just that show them, ON THE TRACK.

Take a leaf from Doug's book, he took a bit of pasting, not all justified maybe, fronted up took some advice and has shown ON THE TRACK that he need not fear post-race commentary, he's been going good lately.

Motto for the day: Put up or shut up.

Ciao
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 pm

Chequers wrote:

the incident triggering you change of line, was clearly visble from the your cockpit in the replay, the entire length of the straight, yet you failed to slow and then knock my off the track to avoid the incident.

had you simply lifted and slowed behind me we would have both cleared the incident and we could have carried on.

instead i was lapped by the lead pack, and was not able to recover the lap i lost

specific enough.

i cant be bothered kicking your ass pat, cause it still wont sink in, will it.

http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/unavoidablemyass.wmv

and yes this is just one incident where you plowed on through, you may have seemed to have made it aok, but the wreckage left behind just caused grief for everyone else

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:45 am

ronwest wrote:the incident triggering you change of line, was clearly visble from the your cockpit in the replay, the entire length of the straight, yet you failed to slow and then knock my off the track to avoid the incident.

had you simply lifted and slowed behind me we would have both cleared the incident and we could have carried on.

instead i was lapped by the lead pack, and was not able to recover the lap i lost

specific enough.
I think the video says it all!!! Good Driving Ron, your correct, you would of cleared that accident if it wasn't for someones reckless driving.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:46 am

Chequers wrote:In some cases I went high, some I went low and others I backed off.
Anyone else notice that sentence O_o

With any accident up ahead you should back off, not sometimes but always.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:10 am

I'd have moved up a wee tad higher than what you did Ron, but Chequers still went into it way to fast.
Boom Boom !

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:30 am

BAZZIL wrote:I'd have moved up a wee tad higher than what you did Ron, but Chequers still went into it way to fast.
No way Bazz, Ron would of seen the accident, and released he was high enough to go around the outside of it, why adjust his line while he is slowing down, the car would have stepped out on him, and put him in the wall. Ron would have had no idea that Chequers was about to do that.

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:53 am

From what I saw Chequers was driving way over aggressively for the track and situation, he plowed into the back of me on one occaision when I slowed for an accident ahead sending me spinning out of control.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:28 pm

Sorry to bring this Sh##storm down on you Chequers, but your driving is always fast and aggressive and others usually bear the brunt of it. My mentioning you was for a few reasons:
1. I have been on the receiving end of your moves before, to the point now where I'll let you past rather than have you millimetres from my bumper. You are a fast driver - no question, faster than me for sure - but I get nervous when you are closing in on me and, for the last two races, are 20 odd places behind me.
2: # 17 comes in for a lot of stick and I can't speak for him, but a lot of his incidents are people going low on him and his not yielding, and contact ensues. Most of the incidents you recall here are forcing the pass when it really is not on - into cnrs and tagging and spinning the car ahead/above.
This is the stuff that makes this form of racing a lottery: aggressive passes meeting the refusal to adjust for people coming through. Last week( Talledega), near the end of the race, you hit 3 cars in the space of as many cnrs - spinning two. One of these was #17 where you went below the yellow lines and came back up and put him in the wall, continuing on your merry way. I feel if I have been bawled out for reckless driving (I have) and modified my driving then it's only fair that we all play on the same level field - conduct wise. #17 may come round , he may not, but at least I and others, have attempted to tell him of how the game is played. My purpose in posting thrsday, was to highlight that more experienced and faster drivers were equally at fault, race after race. Sorry to do this in public, but that's what these forums are for. We are all here for the same reason after all: good, clean, yet tough competition. :grouphug:

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:40 pm

Chequers wrote: I absolutely reject RedValiant's inference that I drove badly at Hillside. I have just spent 2 hours watching the replay and making notes.
You drove your normal race...... loose and scarey. Feel free to drop the notes on us.......
Chequers wrote:
Only three people have cause to question my driving as follows:
Lap 53 G Davey. I got loose while passing him on the inside and tapped him into the outer wall. My error.
your error, you said it.......
Chequers wrote:
Lap 127 Snake. I'm racing in front of Snake, I get loose and Snake tags me and he spins. Not his fault. I'm in 22nd place and he is in 7th place. I should not have been racing him. My error.
you should not have been racing him......very well said, you did very similar things to me while I was in P1 and P2..... while i did not expect you to yeld and was in no rush to pass..... It was not pleasant to follow you....
Chequers wrote: and
Lap150 Live M. I'm passing Live M on the inside, get loose and tap him and the accident unwittingly involves Unbound. I see this one as a racing incident.

yip .... saw this one coming..... only knew there was going to be a ding because youre driving was wide and loose..... I was the one who made the mistake and was probably following a little close...... say 3 or 4 car lengths :rolleyes:
Chequers wrote:

I WAS involved in many incidents and crashes but I didn't cause any of the many multi-car pileups which happened throughout the race. In some cases I went high, some I went low and others I backed off. Not all of those decisions were good ones in the particular circumstance and so I got away with some and didn't get away with others.
Please say you learnt something from this, If there is going to be a ding, roll out of the throttle a little. If not for the sake of everybody else, do if for yourself. Any impact will be less of a problem with less speed.

Chequers wrote:
I raced the whole night on the low to middle 'groove'. My lines were regular and straight except for the occasions where I made turning in errors and was quite pleased with my racing conduct. I was making up places after each bingle and got as high as 9th place. My race pace was easily in the top third of the field. I made mistakes, sure, but who among us doesn't. (All please line up behind RedValiant :D )
I will line up behind Red..... and hes a rookie...... I have more trust in him.
There is no Middle groove at hillside....... you are either in the bottom groove or high. You were wide and slow to follow behind.

Your race pace was in the middle of the pack. Learn how to read the analisis.(I will learn to spell it).

The laps you were quicker than other ppl were probably the laps where you where full throttle threw dings.
Chequers wrote:
I consider that to be singled out amongst all of the posts is grossly unfair and I challenge anyone who still feels that they have a bitch about my driving on the night (besides the 3 I have already mentioned) to bring the 'incident' to my attention.
Cant be arsed bringing out the whole race..... or the last one or the last one.

Right Rant over.

Hes what I would like to see happen.

You leave..... (I AM KIDDING)

It would be cool if you can get on Ventrillo. If you have some physical disability that stops you using it, let us know.
There may be something in your setup that stops your running as low and fast as the rest of us.
We need to be able to have comms with you "during" practise and the race. This will allow us to point out your "incidents" as they happen and during practise we can help you out.
We dont want you to leave, as the more the merrier, but we do want to have confidence in your Driving so we can draft with you and you with us.

I really hope you can see what we are getting at.

To mention the Mighty Doug again (sorry Doug, but you are/were the test case and we like driving behind you now, but prefer to be infront ;) ), it did take stuff like this before we helped him sort out some little issues he was having.

We are here to have fun, and being at the end of everyones frustration and having ppl not want to play with you cant be much fun and will affect your concentration no end.

Let us know how we can help you!!!

[edit] = Inspector - fixed incorrect quote formatting :)

Thank you Inspector Editor........ I was at work and typing inbetween Bursts of work :)
Last edited by UnbounD on Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Danman

Post by Danman » Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:41 pm

Who would be in for league with both damage and yellows on?