Nascar CTS League - Race 5 Hillside International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Nascar CTS League - Race 5 Hillside International Speedway

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:52 am

Welcome to the beautiful surroundings and well presented track that is Hillside International Speedway!

Will the surrounding be so pleasing and the track retain any appeal after tonights race? More than 30 trucks going hell for leather around this unique oval will be a sight to behold and the thunder from that many trucks in such a confined space will be a sound worth hearing!

The possibile scenarios are endless tonight with every single driver having an opportunity to snatch a podium spot if they can grab the tiger by the tail and control it. This track will forgive no one and with this many trucks screaming around you can expect no mercy if you lose the back end or bounce off that wall. As always the top 5 will be hunting you down from the back, ready to pounce on the slightest mistake bought about by the pressure you know they will be applying.

The advice for tonight will be the same as always with even more care to take. Drafting will only play a small part in the race, and it will be the driver who holds a straight and fast line that will succeed. Avoiding the accidents that WILL happen will come not only from a bit of luck, but from the driver who looks ahead and does not follow quite as closely as normal. When you get caught, and you will, be patient and be quiet and get on with the race and smile as you drive past the others as they get caught.

Keep in the back of your mind that anything can happen in any of those 160 laps and you always have a chance! Good luck to everyone.

Those not qualifying tonight are:

Daniel Wood

Ze Bazzil

Happy

TheBoldOne

Inspector

Last edited by Inspector on Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:32 pm

Ummm...passing will be tight or impossible...seems the racing line is fine solo but hard to use in a que. Will be interesting to see how 30 trucks can fit into such a small space :eek:

chronic

Post by chronic » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:36 pm

Well, it will be an interesting race for sure but Bristol is a lot smaller which this track is really just a larger version of.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Feb 22, 2005 10:41 pm

twas hard tonight...could get into a zen-like groove where the low 21s were falling from the sky like fat, happy puppies, and then another truck would loom up or back and the racing line ran off and hid in one of the walls.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:16 am

mmmm yes she will be dodgy, and there WILL be dings :), but you can avoid them by making sure you lift off in the corner if you need to, it's very easy to take a high line and floor it out of the corner thinking you will get a good run onto the straight, only to find you clip the wall on the outside and bounce off,

What happens to the driver behind you when you bounce off the wall ? they go straight up the back of u and the carnage ensues.

In the practice race I was drafting behind someone (forget now) and they hit the wall on corner exit, no time to react and you take them out.

Drive to survive will be the key on this track ;p

if you want a good qual lap, turn in early and keep your car on the bottom :) I found an ideal line into the corners to be your left wheels just off and to the left of the black racing line, you can keep your foot down thru the corner easily if you hug the bottom

careful for tire wear as the race progresses, you will need to begin lifting in the corners, they are very dodgy corners :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:19 am

If you dont want to get ripped, slow down for all ze dings >8p

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:31 am

Yep, secret to a good qual lap is early turn in ,hugging the inside line and keeping tire slide to a minimum.

Danman

Post by Danman » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:49 am

Looking forward to the carnage :D
I did quite well when we ran this track in the 1st season, but I've got the panel beaters and punching bag standing by :D

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:39 pm

I bet if damage was on, it would be a very careful race, and people would slow down while passing accidents :p

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:46 pm

Just wanted to say hi.

I signed up for your Truck League . . . please don't hold against me the fact that I'm in Sydney. O_o

I watched the replay of your Taladega race . . . was great viewing.

I'm no "Speed Racer" . . . I just hope to have some fun. :>

Tho maybe a short track won't be the best way of introduction. :eek:

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:22 pm

Hi Rob ! ;p

Yep, she's a dodgy one this track lol :)

Typhoon, we had damage on last night for a race, moderate only, and still .. the carnage ensued :) my fault it was but the engine went pop :D
Boom Boom !

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:43 pm

rob_c57 wrote:Just wanted to say hi.

I signed up for your Truck League . . . please don't hold against me the fact that I'm in Sydney. O_o

I watched the replay of your Taladega race . . . was great viewing.

I'm no "Speed Racer" . . . I just hope to have some fun. :>

Tho maybe a short track won't be the best way of introduction. :eek:
Sydney rocks mate. _b Welcome to the league :)
Don't make me destroy you.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:28 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote: Sydney rocks mate. _b Welcome to the league :)
ha, welcome to the jungle :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:44 pm

WEDNESDAY

Yay.

Im looking forward to this one. Will be hard going tho!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Have to be careful around the pit exit. Going to be a lot of slow cars going round turn 1/2 after exiting the pits. They will have to make sure they hold the low line and the cars that are at speed are gonig to have to go high around them. It's really not an option on this track to try and stay below the yellow till it's clear or all we will have is cars loosing it trying to go round below the yellow to fast and sliding up the track.

Tire wear is also an issue so everyone needs to be careful of cars easing off in the turns conserving tires because they won't necessarily do it at the same point you would do it.

RACE DAY BABY! :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:25 pm

:eek: Just had my 1st run on this track. OMG no where to pass, dodgy pit entrance and exit, and 30 cars are going to be running this with a variety of tyre wear. This IS gonna be carnage. :crazy:
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:09 pm

O_o

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:49 pm

I expect we shall see some upturned wheelie bins >8D

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:27 pm

Biteme wrote::eek: Just had my 1st run on this track. OMG no where to pass, dodgy pit entrance and exit, and 30 cars are going to be running this with a variety of tyre wear. This IS gonna be carnage. :crazy:
Alot of you know Biteme's driving style by now and i just want to let you know that it's a genetic thing. I manged to get hold of this photo of his grandfathers car after his first race at manfield in 46'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:50 pm

apologies to skuzzle, i missed your pit in call and went up the inside when you slowed

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:51 pm

Im so sorry I dinged you when i join the track at the start of the race Wood.
i misjudged it ever so slightly and joint the track a spot early. Sowwy. You can protest if you want :crazy:
Last edited by Happy on Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:51 pm

well we knew it was going to be dodge, and it was :)

I must say though there were a notable few barelling into accidents repeatedly, I took note and noticed that those few ended up in the crash themselves, and near the end of the race it was those same few at the rear of the field.

Too many ppl driving to win rather than survive :)

But all in all it wasn't too bad I thought :) there were quite a few runs that went on without any dings.

My engine blew a piston so I was out on lap 77, but Spectating was rather interesting :) and listening to the spewing on ventrilo _b always a treat lol ;p
Boom Boom !

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:54 pm

Well it wasn't much of a race, I got a bit unlucky at the start, caught in a large number of dings but it balanced out at the end. 8th place ain't bad it could have been slightly better as I got ripped out of 5th with about 5 to go, but I could have been a lot worse.

Just ask Bazz ;(

Does anyone think that it might be worth giving dover a miss for somthing a bit bigger?
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:56 pm

not wanting to name names or point the finger at anyones driving .... but ...

Grant Davey and Jason Dellaway seem to be using bricks on their accelerators and have their left foot resting on the dashboard.

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:58 pm

Happy wrote:Im so sorry I dinged you when i join the track at the start of the race Wood.
i misjudged it ever so slightly and joint the track a spot early. Sowwy. You can protest if you want :p
No problem, I was stoked I got all the way through the ding, home and hosed, but your yellow and black DuDmobile appeared out of nowhere and around she went. Ah well everyone fcks it up. :)
Brake on the straight before it's too late.