Nascar CTS League - Race 6 California Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:44 am

it's cause he's not in a wheelie bin anymore ;p he's cast MLC aside and has upgraded his life :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:54 am

Well I managed to rip myself last night. Firstly coming out of turn 2 on lap 2 I was accelerating a bit hard on cold tyres and around I went, spinning out of 10th place q-

Next as I exited pitlane I wobbled over the yellow line and must have caught a black flag. Unfortunately I didn't hear the spotter call it and I didn't see it in the cockpit, or hear any warnings, then suddenly 3 laps later bam I'm out of the game. Very dissapointing.

Methinks I'm aiming for the wrong end of the points table :D

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:13 am

Typhoon wrote:
RedValiant wrote:Yes Wood, I hit u as u slowed and jinked on the opening lap. One of those things I reckon. Typhoon, no foul when we contacted - I spun, we both wanted the same bit of road. Could not get a rhythm at this track at all: good on new tyres - hopeless on worn ones. It is a totally different track if you even begin to understeer...it's never the same again. Onward to next week.
Sorry Red, I saw it as being completely MY fault. I started to get understeer and didn't back off fast enough. I am more than happy to give up 25 points if you want to protest. Hell, I feel like protesting against myself.
yes Typhoon protest against yourself :D then i will be second on the rookies table :)

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:42 am

Do you guys see me warping ?

I don't know if it was me or the cars I had incidents with.

On (my) lap 54, as I was passing car 667 (Manzio) on the outside, he spears to the outside and we hit and I then slide out into 336 (Wood), and the three of us spin.

On (my) lap 57, as I was passing 747 (Unbound) on the outside, he flashes, then he jinx high and we hit . . . this was DEFINITELY a warp . . . coz in the next frame, he's back where he was and is still on his line whereas I'm spinning.

If I'M the one who's warping coz I'm in Sydney, then please tell me and I won't come anymore . . . I shouldn't be warping as I'm on cable and have a low ping to your server . . . and my quality has been high.

I'd like to exchange replays with those two drivers . . . but I don't have your email addresses.

But I have to say that my last 10 laps were very "white-knuckle", as I was racing with 747 (Unbound) and 121 (Big Al) . . . sure we were 2 laps down, and it was only for 16th, 17th and 18th, but that's beside the point . . . . we were running close and battling and giving each other room . . . well JUST ENOUGH room . . . and I enjoyed every minute of it. :D

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:53 am

rob_c57 wrote: But I have to say that my last 10 laps were very "white-knuckle", as I was racing with 747 (Unbound) and 121 (Big Al) . . . sure we were 2 laps down, and it was only for 16th, 17th and 18th, but that's beside the point . . . . we were running close and battling and giving each other room . . . well JUST ENOUGH room . . . and I enjoyed every minute of it. :D
Only 16th position , that would have been my best finish :) you are right it was pretty white knuckle stuff and i enjoyed every minute of it especially with Mikool not far behind me and we were racing for the final spot in the NZ Team. California _b _b

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:06 pm

Rob, I went past you several times and you weren't lagging at all.

It was probably just a one off bit of lag, that you get sometimes, maybe Bmans connection lagged for a bit.

I can't think it's your cable connection from Aussie that's the problem, if it is then we have a rather large problem for this weeks NZ vs Aus race :)
Boom Boom !

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:17 pm

i noticed bman was a bit jittery when following him last night, nothing major

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:15 pm

ronwest wrote:
hmmm looking at the replay, i didnt get loose after all, i didnt straighten the wheel for some reason coming out of the corner, think i was looking at the f2 screen at the time.

Penelty for me please
Ron i don't believe you intentionally take people out, but of all teams to be careless around MLC would have to be your worst choice. I think that you should be pretty mindful that you have caused alot of grief for MLC and you should just get out of there way for a while. O_o

bman

Post by bman » Thu Mar 03, 2005 2:20 pm

Jittery? mmm hope not, normally my connect is solid!

And many apologies for that hit Rob (and the others) - that was on the lap I was leaving the pits on cold tires and did a rather violent 'tank-slapper' move that speared me out into traffic! I couldnt believe it...

All Icould think at the time was 'Man - I bet that looked like I did it on purpose...' - I assure you it was an accident!

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:26 pm

BAZZIL wrote:Rob, I went past you several times and you weren't lagging at all.
You couldn't just say "I was near you" ? . . . you HAD to say "I past you" ? ? ? ? :rolleyes: :D

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:13 pm

rob_c57 wrote: But I have to say that my last 10 laps were very "white-knuckle", as I was racing with 747 (Unbound) and 121 (Big Al) . . . sure we were 2 laps down, and it was only for 16th, 17th and 18th, but that's beside the point . . . . we were running close and battling and giving each other room . . . well JUST ENOUGH room . . . and I enjoyed every minute of it. :D
She was on for young and old at the end there Rob. I want every point I can get :)
You looked rock solid to me, and the driving was pretty intense. Thanks for using your head, I will race with you anytime!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:28 pm

bman wrote:And many apologies for that hit Rob (and the others) - that was on the lap I was leaving the pits on cold tires and did a rather violent 'tank-slapper' move that speared me out into traffic! I couldnt believe it...
I wondered what happened there, but going three wide was a bit of sillyness on my part, so I kept my mouth shut. :)

Edit: Oh and it has come to my attention that the DuD's are receiving a bit of a whipping in the team standings. :>
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

JBR

Post by JBR » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:45 pm

Well i hope i pleased everyone on wednesday night with my driving at one stage i was in 8th until i got punted into the wall on lap37 (will not name names) but would like to think it will get looked at as i was heavily slapped on the wrists and got a hammering in here

Yes this is a formal protest as i unable to do it by the out-look express link because of an error my end (tring to sort it)

Every week i get taken out as much as the next guy but now i'll piss and moan like everyone.

If u would watch my racing over all the leagues i run in my lines are good fair and stable If your faster than me i'll let u though when i feel save but if it's for position i will not make it easy (If i'm safely on the racing line)

Still enjoy racing with u all but what's good for me should be good for others

:D

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:56 pm

Wood wrote:Edit: Oh and it has come to my attention that the DuD's are receiving a bit of a whipping in the team standings. :>
Common DuD's lift yer game. ;p

M

Post by M » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:11 pm

If didn't get disqualified last night SimTV might have been in first place. ;(

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:33 pm

JBR wrote:Well i hope i pleased everyone on wednesday night with my driving at one stage i was in 8th until i got punted into the wall on lap37 (will not name names) but would like to think it will get looked at as i was heavily slapped on the wrists and got a hammering in here
That would have involved me.. I wouldnt exactly call it punted. Ive just checked the replay. You could have given more room, you certainly should have known I was up the inside. But I also could have made my line tighter. I had half worn tyres and was trying hard to keep it right behind Odie. Id call it an unfortunate raicing incident, but feel free to put it to the judges.

Other than that was a good race from my angle :) Your racing is certainly improving :)

The last 20 laps were certainly interesting. I was racing as hard as I could to try and catch the group in front of me with 4th and 5th place in it, but ended up blowing my tyres out too much and eagle slipped past me. Cant complain about 6th though when starting from the back :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:41 pm

JBR = Jason Dellaway I take it ? :)

It would be nice if you posted more often, I'd have to say your driving over the last few races has been a tad erratic, we got about 6 protests against you, and you have seen how many of them were upheld.

I havn't watched the replay yet of you (as you were on watch for calafornia) so I can't comment on your racing.

Your lines might be good and stable but safe, they are not (when other cars are around)

Also, be sure to check the server replay when it is released J, it may have been lag causing the incident.
Boom Boom !

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:42 pm

rob_c57 wrote:
BAZZIL wrote:Rob, I went past you several times and you weren't lagging at all.
You couldn't just say "I was near you" ? . . . you HAD to say "I past you" ? ? ? ? :rolleyes: :D
;p
Boom Boom !

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:58 pm

Wood wrote:
Edit: Oh and it has come to my attention that the DuD's are receiving a bit of a whipping in the team standings. :>

Apart from the fact that Happy had one of those random engine failures, our bad form last night could possibly be put down to.........

Note the sparks out the back indicating the car is trying to tunnel into the tarmac as it buries itself under the back of my car!

Which resulted in this.......

Which resulted in a 2 minute tow and another full pit stop just after I had recently pitted. That on top of my pedals not giving me full acceleration meant a very sad night for this DuD.

Riven is coming round on Saturday to help me make some adjustments to resolve the problem before the big one on Saturday night.

I would not have posted these shots normally but think they should serve as a fitting warning to all the New Zealand team drivers, especially the less experienced ones........

Stay focused for the whole race and do not take out your team mates!
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:45 pm

Sparks ? What graphics settings do you have the see those ? Or is that off your personal replay rather than the server replay ?

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:49 pm

Yea that comes from my replay.
Inspector

---

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:23 pm

Some observations from my race.

It's a bit eyrie racing and hearing, via ventrillo, people discussing what you are doing and your race position especially when you are being 'observed'.
With a bit of luck that little carry-on is now behind me.

One of the 'sage pieces of advice' that I received during the bagging I got last week was to slow down when approaching a multi-car wreck and not go charging through the melee.
Well, silly old me, I followed that advice. I even set up a new autochat message which said WARNING I AM SLOWING TO AVOID AN INCIDENT which I posted when the spotter warned me of a wreck.
Guess what happened? On 3 of 4 occasions when I slowed because of multi-car incident that I could see might be messy I was passed by drivers who were competing with me for my race position. I wouldn't like to think that there is one rule for me and a different rule for everyone else. :p
I can tell you I won't be giving up my race position quite so easily in the future.

Otherwise I had fairly quiet race. I don't think that I caused anybody any grief. I did have a bit of trouble trying to make one of my pitstops. I put up the autochat message PITTING THIS LAP. PASS HIGH but a succession of drivers decided to force their way through on the inside and it was a near thing with the last of them as I desparately turned into pit lane with just a sniff of fuel left in the tank, certainly not enough to do another lap on.
I should have finished 10th or 11th (rather than 14th) had it not been for a black flag for doing about 57 in the pit lane on the entrance referred to above.

Anyway, last night's effort was rewarded with a spot on the Test Team- Yeeeah :D

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:28 pm

Chequers wrote: Anyway, last night's effort was rewarded with a spot on the Test Team- Yeeeah :D
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but ya didnt make the cut q-

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:35 pm

Chequers wrote:.
Anyway, last night's effort was rewarded with a spot on the Test Team- Yeeeah :D
Hmmm check the team list, everyone was told to put your skin up by the start of tonights practice or you wouldnt be racing, urrmmm your skin is still not there and the practice started 34 minutes ago, and worst till you need the practice and your still not there.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:13 pm

No server replay this week....or was Riven a bit busy at work today.
Odie