Nascar CTS League - Race 7 Lowe’s Motor Speedway (Night)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:36 pm

Riven wrote:I see that Bazzil has been caught again.. tut tut ;p

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/manawatust ... 03,00.html
Well it could be Happy as they are identical twins :p
And from memory, he did leave work early.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:40 pm

rob_c57 wrote:
Jay#224 wrote: . . . I believe that we should stay along the lines of NASCAR since that is what we are trying to simulate. I think with the growing amount of drivers showing up for the race, drivers should have to earn there way into race just like real NASCAR . . .

Um . . . then if it's to be "Real", shouldn't there also be a Feeder league ? . . . if drivers aren't fast enough to make the Qualifying cut, then they won't even GET any Online experience ? . . . and won't that be counter productive if and when they DO get faster and enter the "Real" League without knowing what it's like to race online ?

And as I've said earlier . . . "Fast Lappers" are not not necessarily "Good Racers".
If the Numbers grow, a second Rookie night should start, say from 7:30-8:30 on a Wendesday night, before the main feature.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:40 pm

RACE LENGTHS

I heard some guys say that they thought the race length of Lowes was too long . . . I wasn't expecting it to be THAT long, but it didn't worry me.

Maybe it might be an idea (for the next series) to adjust the percentage of each race so that the overall length (and therefore time) of all races are roughly the same ? . . . and perhaps throw in one longer enduro either in the middle or at the end ?

At 40%, Lowes was 83 minutes . . . Papyrus will be 58 minutes.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:43 pm

Yer, night races are a tad different sometimes
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:10 pm

Typhoon wrote:
rob_c57 wrote:
Jay#224 wrote: . . . I believe that we should stay along the lines of NASCAR since that is what we are trying to simulate. I think with the growing amount of drivers showing up for the race, drivers should have to earn there way into race just like real NASCAR . . .

Um . . . then if it's to be "Real", shouldn't there also be a Feeder league ? . . . if drivers aren't fast enough to make the Qualifying cut, then they won't even GET any Online experience ? . . . and won't that be counter productive if and when they DO get faster and enter the "Real" League without knowing what it's like to race online ?

And as I've said earlier . . . "Fast Lappers" are not not necessarily "Good Racers".
If the Numbers grow, a second Rookie night should start, say from 7:30-8:30 on a Wendesday night, before the main feature.
Maybe have the top ~20 automatically qualify for the main race, and have those not in the top ~20 have a 20min prac/qual/~30min qualifying race, with the top ~10 go through, and those not qualifying geting points as if they finished 31st, 32nd etc.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:04 pm

That being the case should the feeder league not be run on a Thursday as they wont get to run on the Wed night and will be a bit bummed about it. Knowing they get to run the next night will make up for it!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:09 pm

That being the case should the feeder league not be run on a Thursday as they wont get to run on the Wed night and will be a bit bummed about it. Knowing they get to run the next night will make up for it!!
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:11 pm

rob_c57 wrote:RACE LENGTHS

I heard some guys say that they thought the race length of Lowes was too long . . . I wasn't expecting it to be THAT long, but it didn't worry me.

Maybe it might be an idea (for the next series) to adjust the percentage of each race so that the overall length (and therefore time) of all races are roughly the same ? . . . and perhaps throw in one longer enduro either in the middle or at the end ?

At 40%, Lowes was 83 minutes . . . Papyrus will be 58 minutes.
Lowes was only that long because because its the track that runs the Coco-Cola 600. 600 miles, so take 40 percent of that and it works out. We could have shortened the race, but what fun is it when you don't have to use pit stragedy?
Odie

Jay

Post by Jay » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:13 pm

O.K. lets say we stick to your idea Rob, I have a question, how do you break up the field now with the drivers we have on who is staying in the big league and who is going into the rookie league? I would like to see that list complied. Also who would be the judge on who went where?

M

Post by M » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:15 pm

Couple of other things to consider:

Since there is so much rippage and also people get disconnected and sometimes can't avoid absence from a race, especially if you are going to look at a feeder league, which I support, then we need a lucky dog rule where say the best ten results out of 12 races available in the season count towards the final results for the league. This is common in other sports.

Also I think the feeder should be incorporated into the teams structure as in real life, where, say, you have five teams of four drivers in the main league and the teams can select who they want to race, but only those in the feeder league that they "sign up" due to perceived potential or whatever can race for that team. You could have a sign-up window of each driver's first three races for teams to get people on board, perhaps with a maximum of six people in total in each team. In the main league there could be an additional space for, say, six drivers to race as indies regardless of whether they have signed with anyone without contributing to team points based purely on their ranking in the feeder league.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:22 pm

I think we need to move all of this to its own thread _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

M

Post by M » Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:25 pm

Clearly there are enough teams to run teams comps in each league, so it would be like reserve grade and you can have team sizes based around that. Perhaps it would mean three drivers in each league, or two or four. The drivers themselves move around but for example the top two individually-ranked drivers in the current table can't race in the lower team more than twice, no exceptions. This allows for covering of absences, and is also balanced by a restriction like not being able to race in both leagues in the same week. And once you race three times in the top league you are not allowed to race any more in the bottom league for the rest of the season.

Then you submit team drivers lists at the beginning of each season and the committee approves the drivers' list ranking based on performance and other factors as the committee may need to consider or as submitted by the team. So for the first four races the top two as appeared on the list can't drop down to the bottom team, and they can only drop down later if their ranking on the league table means they are no longer in the top two on their team.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:30 pm

[Edit : moved to "CTS EXPANSION" thread]

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:02 am

M wrote:
Mattly wrote:Sticking to the racing line is effectively blocking M. I was going wide into the corner in the hope you would let me go through on the next corner as i came up on you. As to wall bouncing, that was on your PC not mine. You are correct i had nothing to gain, but i had everything to lose. If you had been holding me due to your teammate gaining i would have understood, but this was not the case. You weren't pulling me along, look at the lap times.
Look at the replay. You never caught up to me or got up speed to pass until the time I stayed wide to let you through. I don't look at lap times during the race as it has little to do with the race - when I see you hitting walls and generally going wide around corners, I see someone struggling whereas I was on good tyres. You never got up close to me, you were always more than a tenth of a second behind and showed no ability to make progress. Given that I had previously spun out going wide to let someone through on a corner, I didn't feel it would have been worth the risk taking you out even if you had caught up to me.

Look at the replay. Don't rely on your impression at the time looking from your own cockpit.
Do you ever conceed anything M?

The replay doesn't do me much good because by then the race is over. If im sitting in 20th position 5 laps from the end of the race and a front runner comes up on me (how do you think i got behind you?) i will go wide and let him through, you do what you like.

Facts:
Mattly =finished 4th
Live M =finished 20th

Mattly = 24th fastest lapper
Live M = 35th fastest lapper

Mattly = 2nd most consistant lapper
Live M = 26th most consistant lapper

Mattly = 7th overall
Live M = 24th overall

Mattly = training in Nascar 2003 atleast 2 hours before each race
Live M = training with GT4 and thinks we are all PC Chumps :birdies:

chronic

Post by chronic » Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:43 am

O_o

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:13 pm

I see mattly is quite fond of how he did in CTS ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

M

Post by M » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:19 pm

LOL. You really, really need to look at the replay. Arguing after the race doesn't do you much good either but you still want to do it.

Arguments and replays go hand in hand.

M

Post by M » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:38 pm

BTW, coming 20th had a little to do with idiots going full tit into crash zones and taking me out like you did half way through the race.