Nascar CTS League - Race 7 Lowe’s Motor Speedway (Night)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:40 am

Yes famin, as skuzzlebutt said, - what a banger track to come back to CTS and try your luck on, everyone got dinged - it was just a shitter of a track, and with 40 racers, it was always going to be a big ding fest.

But interestingly enough I tried to pass you about 3 times and all 3 times you changed your line to stop me passing. 1 block is ok, but any more than that and you're just asking to be taken out, and that's what happened isnt it ;p ?
:>

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:57 am

What really annoyed me last night was only about 2 laps after I had managed to gain the lead through cautious driving someone piled into the back of me when I slowed for yet another wreck causing all sorts of carnage.

I'll be having a look at the replay to see who it was.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:09 pm

This makes great thursday reading ;p

Btw team MLC are now ahead of team Scrumpy....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :>
Wah Wah Wah

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:21 pm

M wrote:
Mattly wrote:Well good race for me, but lets not kid ourselves that was a pure luck track. I want to say a big :darky: to Live M who blocked me for several laps and allowed the guy behind me to gain 10 sec's and put me under real pressure on the last lap. If you don't stand to gain M get the F@%% out the way ya :evil: ker
Mattly, I invite you to create a clip of me blocking you. I never blocked you, and you were going well wide on the turns and into the walls whereas I was able to hug the inside and pull you along on the straights. And you stood to gain no positions and you lost none. Send me a video and we'll see what you're on about. Getting out of the way was not something I was good at on that track, but the only time you were in a position to go past me I let you go and stayed behind you.
Sticking to the racing line is effectively blocking M. I was going wide into the corner in the hope you would let me go through on the next corner as i came up on you. As to wall bouncing, that was on your PC not mine. You are correct i had nothing to gain, but i had everything to lose. If you had been holding me due to your teammate gaining i would have understood, but this was not the case. You weren't pulling me along, look at the lap times. O_o

Regards PC Chump

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:22 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:I agree with you Cronik, as i always let the people on the lead lap go by!!!
so come on people if you are not on the lead lap or are a number of laps down let the FECKIN guy go by!!!!!!!!

i had a very enjoyable race until Big Al lost it infront of me and put me on my roof, cost me 2 min penatly, was in 8th or 9th place.
Don't worry Al as i know you just lost your rear of your truck, i've done that many times myself...lol

GREAT WIN E
and bad luck to you cronik....ask wood how it feels to ctd when you are in the lead :>
Sorry about that Snake, not sure if you heard but i did apologise over vent at the time. Problem was i had just come out of the pits and my tires were cold and as you have seen i just lost it around the turn. Had a crap of a night and just sorry it affected others.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:23 pm

First off....I love that track...it is actual my favorite on the whole NASCAR circuit. Its fast and if you enter the turns right, you can get a hell of a run of 2 and 4. Anyway some thoughts:

Keep the fields full, I remember the times when we were just hoping 20 drivers would show up for every race. I say the only time we should break up the league is if we start to have more than 43 guys show up every week.

The finishing places of everyone was based on pure luck. If you were not involved in at least 3 dings; then you were lucky.

I know I scared the hell out of Happy when I started to break loose trying to pass Flyboy who didn't want to give up the space. :D (Fly, you had a right to try and keep me behind you; it was for position) No worries there.

I have to apologize to Skuzz, I'm not sure what lap it was on, but I had a run off of turn 2 and I was going low and then all of a sudden you went low. I noticed you entered the pits after that, so I think you intention may have been to pit. Did you auto chat that you were pitting, because I didn't see it come across. Anyway, I did see you allow fast trucks, including myself by on numerous occasions.

I was plowed one time by a monster truck earlier in the race, not sure who, but don't really care, since there was so much carnage on that ding that it was close to impossible to stop.

I believe it was Eagle to nailed me too, but we talked about that already on ventrillo or was it Tony. I know it was one of you. You stated that you were plowed, which forced you into me. No worries.

The replay committee will be busy this week.

P.S. Bold make sure you leave the mirror at home. You will not have to worry about the way you look on TV, because no one likes a 1st place loser. ;p
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:24 pm

Big Al wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:I agree with you Cronik, as i always let the people on the lead lap go by!!!
so come on people if you are not on the lead lap or are a number of laps down let the FECKIN guy go by!!!!!!!!

i had a very enjoyable race until Big Al lost it infront of me and put me on my roof, cost me 2 min penatly, was in 8th or 9th place.
Don't worry Al as i know you just lost your rear of your truck, i've done that many times myself...lol

GREAT WIN E
and bad luck to you cronik....ask wood how it feels to ctd when you are in the lead :>
Sorry about that Snake, not sure if you heard but i did apologise over vent at the time. Problem was i had just come out of the pits and my tires were cold and as you have seen i just lost it around the turn. Had a crap of a night and just sorry it affected others.

No worries Big Al :) like i said i've done that many times before :)
Wah Wah Wah

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:27 pm

chronic wrote:
Prometheus wrote:
I'm not even going to dignify that with a reponse.
Go on have a giggle when you take everybody out, I suppose you were having a good old laugh when you took me out last season...
Chronic get over yourself, Prom is doing his best and he's doesn't quit the league when he has a bad night. :mad:

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:30 pm

Biteme wrote:I hated that race! Would've left early if it wasn't for the team points.
I have never (hard to believe I know) been caught in so many crashes.
I know I caused 1 or two by either loosing the tail and once popping an STV (apologies) in the bumper mid corner, but was certainly the victim in many many more.
There was some very ordinary driving out there, not sure if it was the track or the limited practice some folks had, possibly a bit of both.

Do you think there is any merit in limiting the race to 30 starters, with auto entry to the top 20 on the table and the rest having to qualify for the remaining 10 spots? This would also be useful if our numbers continue to grow. Your thoughts?
Reading the other posts here Biteme it appears that lots of good drivers caused dings so i'm not sure if your qualifying would work?

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:31 pm

Every week we get comments about people not slowing for crashes, I think we have to realise that these constant offenders are not paying attention to these posts and all we can do is get those protests in. I know if i was losing 25 points each week i would soon adjust my racing style.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:23 pm

Awesome result Eagle, bloody fantastic reward for perserverance, skill, good karma ..all that jazz. _b _b _b _b _b _b _b _b

It don't hurt that your timing was primo, Wood had what can only be described as a nightmare, and LOL another Monster steps up to the plate, absolutely wicked.

Your turn next TonyG. ;)

Me I'm still happy with first Top Ten ever, at tally.... :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:38 pm

Mattly wrote: Chronic get over yourself, Prom is doing his best and he's doesn't quit the league when he has a bad night. :mad:
I have never quit any league because I was having a bad night.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:44 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:This makes great thursday reading ;p

Btw team MLC are now ahead of team Scrumpy....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :>
How embarrasing.

Anyone know why Scrumpy only has three drivers listed in the teams table all of a sudden?

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:52 pm

odonohuesp wrote:First off....I love that track...it is actual my favorite on the whole NASCAR circuit. Its fast and if you enter the turns right, you can get a hell of a run of 2 and 4.
Too right!

I have to apologize to Skuzz, I'm not sure what lap it was on, but I had a run off of turn 2 and I was going low and then all of a sudden you went low. I noticed you entered the pits after that, so I think you intention may have been to pit. Did you auto chat that you were pitting, because I didn't see it come across. Anyway, I did see you allow fast trucks, including myself by on numerous occasions.
No no soldier, that one was a 100% Skuzz-special. I was trying to get over to pit from the outside after letting a couple of guys through. I checked my mirror, saw nothing and dived across. Sadly, poor old Odie came up on me rather quickly and said hello in the most intimate way (up the ass). Didn't cause me any trouble since the pits were right there, I just toddled straight in without much fuss really.

Hope I didn't cause you too much bother?

Either way...so sorry.

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

famin

Post by famin » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:46 pm

Happy wrote:But interestingly enough I tried to pass you about 3 times and all 3 times you changed your line to stop me passing. 1 block is ok, but any more than that and you're just asking to be taken out, and that's what happened isnt it ;p ?
aaah so that WAS deliberate was it? I wondered about that after I tried to get a draft from you and was spun out.

hmmm... so youre saying that if a slower car holds his line and slows a faster car up then after a suitable amount of time its OK for the faster car to punt the slower one out of the way!!!

id say that was what the other guys are all complaining about IMHO.

You have to remember that getting out of the way is a consideration and a risk to the slower cars. in real NASCAR they are told to NOT move off line ever!!! its entirely up to the passing car to pass.

but dont worry I wont be back for a loooong time if ever.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:59 pm

Full of contradictions arn't you Hippy. ;p

I'm sure famin was just defending his right not to be lapped like you earlier suggested he is entitled to do.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:17 pm

famin wrote:
Happy wrote:But interestingly enough I tried to pass you about 3 times and all 3 times you changed your line to stop me passing. 1 block is ok, but any more than that and you're just asking to be taken out, and that's what happened isnt it ;p ?
aaah so that WAS deliberate was it? I wondered about that after I tried to get a draft from you and was spun out.

hmmm... so youre saying that if a slower car holds his line and slows a faster car up then after a suitable amount of time its OK for the faster car to punt the slower one out of the way!!!

id say that was what the other guys are all complaining about IMHO.

You have to remember that getting out of the way is a consideration and a risk to the slower cars. in real NASCAR they are told to NOT move off line ever!!! its entirely up to the passing car to pass.

but dont worry I wont be back for a loooong time if ever.
Eh Famin, like to give your 2cents whenever you can. All that negativity is not good for you. I suggest you sell your computer and go fishing. ;p

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:29 pm

replay up

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:40 pm

Mattly wrote: Eh Famin, like to give your 2cents whenever you can. All that negativity is not good for you. I suggest you sell your computer and go fishing. ;p
I can see it now ... "I got out in the stream .... held a tight line ... moaned like hell .. nothing took the bait .... maybe I should try macrame" ;p
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

M

Post by M » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:52 pm

Mattly wrote:Sticking to the racing line is effectively blocking M. I was going wide into the corner in the hope you would let me go through on the next corner as i came up on you. As to wall bouncing, that was on your PC not mine. You are correct i had nothing to gain, but i had everything to lose. If you had been holding me due to your teammate gaining i would have understood, but this was not the case. You weren't pulling me along, look at the lap times.
Look at the replay. You never caught up to me or got up speed to pass until the time I stayed wide to let you through. I don't look at lap times during the race as it has little to do with the race - when I see you hitting walls and generally going wide around corners, I see someone struggling whereas I was on good tyres. You never got up close to me, you were always more than a tenth of a second behind and showed no ability to make progress. Given that I had previously spun out going wide to let someone through on a corner, I didn't feel it would have been worth the risk taking you out even if you had caught up to me.

Look at the replay. Don't rely on your impression at the time looking from your own cockpit.

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:02 pm

Your grapes are sour Mattly. ;p

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:14 pm

Papyrus is nice and long, so hopefully we can get some proper racing in rather than weaving in(to) and out of the dings. :)
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:20 pm

Wood wrote:Papyrus is nice and long, so hopefully we can get some proper racing in rather than weaving in(to) and out of the dings. :)
Yeah, but the problem wont go away, as people have to brake into 2 of the corners, and so there will be many rear-enders.... oh and you have to turn right, so that will confuse at least half of the field.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:26 pm

M wrote:You never got up close to me, you were always more than a tenth of a second behind . . .
Um . . . please don't take this as having a go at you, M . . . this is afterall, just a comment in a thread to help us ALL have better racing, but I usually start to think about letting a guy pass me if he has caught me and is inside 0.5 seconds . . . but that's just me . . . I know I'm a WUSS.

If you leave it till a guy IS 0.1 seconds behind you before you decide to yield, then maybe that's why you find it hard to react in time ? . . . Give yourself time . . . autochat your intentions to the car behind . . . allowing for othe chats that may hold yours up . . . both hold your lines and give each other room during the pass.

In a different league race that I was in recently, I would go high, call the lead lap cars thru, but then they'd squeeze me out into the wall on their exit . . . which I wasn't happy with at all.

Respect is a two-way street.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:46 pm

Here's my thoughts about the passing thing......

If a car comes up behind you he is "generally" going faster than you. He may have used the draft to get there but you usually know if he is a faster driver than you or if not you can tell if he is on a "fresh tyres" charge.

So you must decide by his actions whether he wants to pass.

1. He is sitting up my arse but not make any foolish moves = he wants to draft with me.

2. He is ducking and diving all over the place = I think he wants to pass me.

Do you then let him past and why?

1. Yes he is obviously going faster than me and I will benifit more by chasing him and using his draft = move over and give him "passing" room

2. No he is normally slower than me and appears to be out driving himself = Let him past anyway, he will probably take me out by hitting me and when he has gone past you can trail him till he blows it and takes someone else out ahead of you maybe gaining you another place in the standings - bonus!

3. Both of the above are irrelevant, I want to draft with someone and he will do so I'll just keep him behind me until he makes a mistake and ends up hitting me = we will give this action a new name, we shall call it......

Block Drafting
Inspector

---