Nascar CTS League - Race 7 Lowe’s Motor Speedway (Night)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
storm

Post by storm » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:33 pm

mikool wrote:
Man - somebody would think you have a problem with team MLC. I guess we will find out tonight.

Just look out. there is 4 of us and only 3 of you.... ;p

i guess we found out

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:14 pm

storm wrote:
mikool wrote:
Man - somebody would think you have a problem with team MLC. I guess we will find out tonight.

Just look out. there is 4 of us and only 3 of you.... ;p
i guess we found out
Sorry storm.. When i started the turn it told me there where no cars behind me. once I started 4 cars popped up and nonthing I could do
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:16 pm

Well that was nasty. ;p

Anyone had problems with ctds?

They are a big problem all of a sudden.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:18 pm

well well, that race will make points a bit tighter at the top i think ;p. Especially between 1st and 2nd.
:>

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:20 pm

chronic wrote:Well that was nasty. ;p

Anyone had problems with ctds?

They are a big problem all of a sudden.
I had one at the point of a big accident, not if it was game or my end with underpowred graphics card i'm running at moment.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:22 pm

it was expected that there were to be dings, yes and there were :)

but I think we still have a problem with one or two drivers just not bothering to slow down even when they see the driver infront slow down alot.

JBR, you almost took me out three times because you came straight up the back of me cause I was slowing for accidents, is your head full of concrete or something? cause it's something we have been trying to drill into you for several races now and you just don't seem to take notice.

on a better note, that race has certainly evened out the field in terms of points :)

I'm happy with 10th after being on my roof and getting a tow on lap 2 ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:28 pm

Well good race for me, but lets not kid ourselves that was a pure luck track. I want to say a big :darky: to Live M who blocked me for several laps and allowed the guy behind me to gain 10 sec's and put me under real pressure on the last lap. If you don't stand to gain M get the F@%% out the way ya :evil: ker

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm

Because of the lack of cars being rendered behind you, when looking to get across the track, your F@-Space is the best option to guage when its clear.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:34 pm

Mattly wrote:Well good race for me, but lets not kid ourselves that was a pure luck track. I want to say a big :darky: to Live M who blocked me for several laps and allowed the guy behind me to gain 10 sec's and put me under real pressure on the last lap. If you don't stand to gain M get the F@%% out the way ya :evil: ker
I agree with you Matt.

And sorry to Typhoon for punting ya, I had my brakes on, but you slowed alot more than I thought you would.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:42 pm

After tonight I think I can begin to understand some of the bad luck you have sulley. ;p

Might try a reinstall of nascar and see if that helps...

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:45 pm

apologies to Bman for the early ding :(
Caught out with the speed drop on the back straight and think I caused a right ding on lap 2 :rolleyes:

bman

Post by bman » Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:54 pm

NP man - shit happens doesnt it - lol I punted Bazz up the ass later on ( apologies! didnt see those guys slowing!)

I wouldve continued to the end but was DQ'd while in 19th trying to reverse off the track =/

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:07 am

Hey guys nice race. It was really fun. I haven't looked at my replay yet, but I know I hit someone slowing down for a wreck faster than I thought you would. I think it was Big Al or Live M. If I hit someone else during the race, I'm sorry. I was a very challenging race for everyone. I probably would have finished better if I didn't get a black flag for speeding into the pits. But it was very fast and fun. I can't wait until next week.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:29 am

Highlight of my race was qualifying :) , was a little nervous being a rookie up near the front and first 1 1/2 laps was going fine and then Bman started to lose it in front of me and instead of trying to go on the outside of him like any sensible person would i try and take the inside :eek: and end up losing it myself so sorry to all the guys i took out with me. Was that pi$$ed off with myself i never really got my mind back into the race and just went through the motions.

Well done to Mikool for taking the lead in the rookies points but dont relax too much i'm not that far away :D

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:33 am

I know I've said this before, but after listening to the Ventrillo Post Race Chat, I have to ask again :

Why do lapped cars fight if they are obviously slower ? Is it because of :

1) Inexperience ;

2) Not being situationally aware by having their F2 on ?

3) Simply not caring ?

If a car catches you and is all over your bumper, then he's obviously faster and you know that he intends to pass you . . . and that can happen even if you are on the lead lap and the car behind is lapped but may have pitted more recently.

So why fight ? . . . call them thru and drop in behind.

I was only a midfielder and a few laps down, but several times, cars who were laps behind me, made it very difficult to pass . . . and I usually only got past because they made a mistake by pushing themselves too hard . . . or worse still, as I couldn't trust them, I spun if I saw them appearing to shut the door on me.

I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for lead lap cars to be fighting with slower, lapped cars while having cars for position close behind them . . . especially in the closing stages.

But I must also say that the majority of drivers in your league DO do the right thing.

I could be accused of doing the same thing in the closing stages I guess, as I was laps down, and behind the pack of top 5 cars, and at that stage I was a little bit faster . . . I guess I shouldn't have been heckling them, but by the same token, if they'd let me go, then I wouldn't have been a problem to them.

Basically, if it isn't for position, then I've never seen any reason not to let a faster car pass.

M

Post by M » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:38 am

Mattly wrote:Well good race for me, but lets not kid ourselves that was a pure luck track. I want to say a big :darky: to Live M who blocked me for several laps and allowed the guy behind me to gain 10 sec's and put me under real pressure on the last lap. If you don't stand to gain M get the F@%% out the way ya :evil: ker
Mattly, I invite you to create a clip of me blocking you. I never blocked you, and you were going well wide on the turns and into the walls whereas I was able to hug the inside and pull you along on the straights. And you stood to gain no positions and you lost none. Send me a video and we'll see what you're on about. Getting out of the way was not something I was good at on that track, but the only time you were in a position to go past me I let you go and stayed behind you.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:38 am

Looks like the Monsters race was like the DuD's last week. One guy wins it while the others have a disaster (though not quite as bad as the DuD's ;)).

Had a speed look through the replay. Flyboy, lap 82 for your car, turn 4. WTF, seriously. :p

Bad luck for Chronic with that disco in the last few laps but I'll take it :)

Points have tightened up a lot after that in both the Team and Individual standings. There is still everything to race for with 5 more races to go!
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

M

Post by M » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:39 am

Flyboy69 wrote: I agree with you Matt.
And you agree because why?

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:45 am

I also couldn't really understand why drivers that were laps down were not making it easier to let the faster lead cars through, there was quite a few people holding up faster cars they weren't racing for position.

Thought that race was a bit long at 90min+ especially considering the difficulty of the track, was about 20 laps longer than I needed it to be. :>

But fine win Eagle you were certainly driving well enough to win from what I could see. :)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:55 am

chronic wrote:I also couldn't really understand why drivers that were laps down were not making it easier to let the faster lead cars through, there was quite a few people holding up faster cars they weren't racing for position.

Thought that race was a bit long at 90min+ especially considering the difficulty of the track, was about 20 laps longer than I needed it to be. :>

But fine win Eagle you were certainly driving well enough to win from what I could see. :)
You have to remember that people that are laps down have to catch back up, and that will never happen if they are always slowing down to let the leaders through. Its really up to the leaders to make the pass, as long as the player, x laps down in front isnt blocking then I dont see a problem with them not getting out of the way. If they are considerably slower than you then it should be easy enough to pass them.
:>

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:00 am

I think thats bollocks quite frankly.

You are basically saying it is ok for slower cars that a lap or more down to BLOCK the lead cars for many laps so they don't lose another lap, I don't understand the logic.

I always make an effort let the faster lead cars through if they come up on me but maybe I'm too nice. ;p

I think rob could also see what was happening and he speaks a lot of sense.
Last edited by chronic on Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

M

Post by M » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:01 am

It's absolutely right. Too many people think they have right of way when in fact it's their responsibility to go around. It's also dangerous and you get some people in particular that are gung-ho in pushing up the inside and the only way they get away with it is when the other driver relents to avoid an accident.

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:42 am

Here is a rule on lapped traffic from another league and it falls in line with my thoughts on the subject...

We all have bad days and there will be times when you go down a lap or more for whatever reason. When this happens please give way to those drivers that are on the lead lap. Give them plenty of room to get by you. It's okay to fight to get your lap back or to fight to stay on the lead lap, but if you just can't do it please give way. Do not race people that are not on the same lap as you. Use your auto chat to let the leaders know where to pass you (i.e. high or low) then give way. The favor will be returned to you some day.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:34 am

chronic wrote:After tonight I think I can begin to understand some of the bad luck you have sulley. ;p

Might try a reinstall of nascar and see if that helps...
Yes well, I'm a lot more relaxed about it these days, shit happens, probably inherited the "Miggles Trouble Magnet". As to the CTD, was first one since new install on Wife's new machine, in two weeks, chnaged graphics card to slow one, that could be it. Will be reinstalling a fresh copy on new pC soon, fingers crossed.

At least my luck or lack of it isn't translated to TPTCC as much as it used to be. Still there is the basic problem of I don't handle tight little tracks well, lose the groove, take took long to get back into it etc etc. I need a good setup on a track with a margin of error then I go ok, like some of the TPTCC tracks I can just do, others no chance.

Ah well, will just keep at it as usual, medicine still working great.

Sorry once again to all for the incidents I contributed too, at least the hazard wasn't there for the entire race... :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:02 am

Riven wrote:Because of the lack of cars being rendered behind you, when looking to get across the track, your F@-Space is the best option to guage when its clear.
Thats what I was looking at. I let a few cars go pass then f2 said it was clear... it was not once i was commited to the turn
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -