HIGHEST CLIMBER
Driver Start Finish Change
Skuzzlebutt 13 34 -21

:ffs:
Don't make me destroy you.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:36 pm

Inspector wrote:

Most interesting result for me was the last pit stop which I made right behind TonyG and UnbounD. I drove out of the pits, rejoined and got up to race speed and then discovered that my 7th spot behind them entering the pits had turned into 5th place 4 seconds ahead of them. Pit stops certainly make a difference especially when you get to the business end of the race.
Yep, that was a bad pitstop for me, Inspector was behind me, hit 72mph in the pitllane then slowed too much to compensate, then saw Inspector going past while the pitcrew were still changing the lefts :( couldn't catch up but had a good tussle with UnBound to finish 5th............did you (Inspector) just change one side or get less fuel, or was I just too bloody slow? I took one and a half cans

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:10 pm

TonyG wrote: Yep, that was a bad pitstop for me, Inspector was behind me, hit 72mph in the pitllane then slowed too much to compensate, then saw Inspector going past while the pitcrew were still changing the lefts :( couldn't catch up but had a good tussle with UnBound to finish 5th............did you (Inspector) just change one side or get less fuel, or was I just too bloody slow? I took one and a half cans

Yea I wondered what happened as I nearly ran into you in pit lane, but it worked alright for me because I was just about to brake for my pit stall anyway.

I took the default 1 & 1/2 cans of fuel as well but took no tyres. I believe 1 1/2 cans is about 1 set of tyres anyway but I felt comfortable on the tyres I had and I also wonder if going out with 1 side fresh tyres and 1 side slightly worn doesn't unbalance you a little, especially for that last sprint to the line?

Anyway I should also note that Riven & I are well used to racing with each other and we drafted well over those last few laps, with Riven keeping me far enough ahead of you two so my spot was secure.
Inspector

---

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:46 pm

I took tires on the last stop and was very slow on all of my pit entries.... Thats what lost me positions.
Could not get past Tony at the end. Didnt really want to do the bingle and couldnt really get enough st8 line speed to blast past. Was fun tho.

RedValient you need to watch your F2 screen. And I mean the second one (hit space............) You almost took me out so many times over the space of a couple of laps. Granted I was pushing up the inside of you, but you were near the back of the pack and I in 6th chasing Riven for 5th place. I know your not supposed to just stop dead and let faster ppl through, but a slight lift on a long straight will be enough to do it. Then you can slot in behind the faster car/truck and let them draft you up to your next victem, and probably take you past and up spots.

Your driving has improved, but youre methodology could use a little room for improvement (hense the title Rookie :) ).
"Run Yasmine Run"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:29 pm

UnbounD wrote:I took tires on the last stop and was very slow on all of my pit entries.... Thats what lost me positions.
Could not get past Tony at the end. Didnt really want to do the bingle and couldnt really get enough st8 line speed to blast past. Was fun tho.

RedValient you need to watch your F2 screen. And I mean the second one (hit space............) You almost took me out so many times over the space of a couple of laps. Granted I was pushing up the inside of you, but you were near the back of the pack and I in 6th chasing Riven for 5th place. I know your not supposed to just stop dead and let faster ppl through, but a slight lift on a long straight will be enough to do it. Then you can slot in behind the faster car/truck and let them draft you up to your next victem, and probably take you past and up spots.

Your driving has improved, but youre methodology could use a little room for improvement (hense the title Rookie :) ).
:D Had to laugh, it was almost like the practice race on Tuesday when I knocked you out on the last corner chasing for second, I was thinking shit, I hope he's not looking for payback ;) Seriously, I thought it would be tight as you had your teammate behind you to give you a push until the last lap I think, when he lost time _b

I had no problems with red, but I was only behind for a short time, big ups to Ron as he was giving plenty of room and doing what UnBounD suggests in his post :)

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:45 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Did I mention my engine blew up?

HIGHEST CLIMBER
Driver Start Finish Change
Skuzzlebutt 13 34 -21

:ffs:
You are a bloody legend Scuzz, that's why you race for Team Scrumpy. _b

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:44 pm

replay up

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:07 pm

Inspector.....FYI...The on track laps, really don't meant much. It only means that you kept more than 2 wheels on the track the whole time. :)
Odie

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:10 pm

which, it appears some ppl are unable to do on a regular basis.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:15 pm

UnbounD wrote:which, it appears some ppl are unable to do on a regular basis.
True Unbound O_o
Wah Wah Wah

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:20 pm

Mate...... I nearly shat when you went Bang :(

Car did a massive wobble then shot crap all over for a sec or two, then nothing.

Dam Banger Game :rolleyes:
"Run Yasmine Run"

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:40 pm

Unbound, what do you want beyond a ''pass left" call. It's up to you to effect the pass, knowing i've called you through. I'm watching my f2 screen and my mirrors and looking to lose the least in letting you pass. Most people just get it done, but for some reason you need me to slow for you. It's tough enough just keeping the flow going with out doing your driving for you too. I'll call you through when I can and then it's up to you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:26 am

[Post by the forum moderator] - I have edited a number of posts in the thread. I have not deleted any except the spammed ones, although I have left the original.

None of the posts I have commented on are over the top or exccessively abusive but it is time that we stop and look at the attitude we are creating with these posts. We are supposed to be an adult group of people with a similar interest and we need to make allowances for each others ideas, personalities, faults and opinions. Please take these comments as they are intended, encouragement to be more positive and I'm sure we can forget all this and get on with enjoying our gaming.

Thank you.
Inspector

---

chronic

Post by chronic » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:28 am

Apologies for the spam.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:07 am

RedValiant wrote:Unbound, what do you want beyond a ''pass left" call. It's up to you to effect the pass, knowing i've called you through. I'm watching my f2 screen and my mirrors and looking to lose the least in letting you pass. Most people just get it done, but for some reason you need me to slow for you. It's tough enough just keeping the flow going with out doing your driving for you too. I'll call you through when I can and then it's up to you.
Because I tryed to effect the pass on multiple occacions and you came down on me causing me to have to BRAKE .

Also......

It was a couple of laps before you gave me a "Pass left"
You only gave me this AFTER I typed red *******.
Then you kept your line and I was able to pass SAFELY. Typing and driving is NOT SAFE.

Is any of this getting through or do we have to go through this every week with you.

I dont really need for you to slow for me (have a look at lap times.....dah), but you could hold your dam line.
Im now through being nice to you also. Go back to hotlapping if you cant drive with others.
"Run Yasmine Run"

limbo

Post by limbo » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:59 am

UnbounD wrote:.......Go back to hotlapping..........

heehee :D
that must be the worst insult i have seen
posted on this forum. ;p

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:32 pm

Well...called you through when i saw you sub 2sec behind and...nothing. waited abit ,, wobbled around looking in mirror and, nothing. Then decided to get on with it and leave it to you. A few laps later called you through again - twice. Never saw your #### message, glad i didn't, or I might stop making an effort. see you next week.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:49 pm

Can you use Ventrillo Red...... I makes all this a lot easier during the Racing? Most of these errrrrr problems are communication break downs.
Even if your just listening?
"Run Yasmine Run"