Nascar CTS League - Race 8 Papyrus Motor Sports Park

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:27 pm

chronic wrote:When putting in a protest do I have to provide a replay or do the officials look at the server one?
read the fckn rules u muppet

[Edited by the forum moderator] - Not being very helpful here Ron!

bman

Post by bman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:30 pm

Heh - You're NUMBER ONE red valiant!

[Edited by the forum moderator] - In other circumstances this would have been very amusing. Right through this series and others we have had fun posting amusing pics to wind each other up, all good fun. The reason behind this pic steps over the line.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:30 pm

chronic wrote:When putting in a protest do I have to provide a replay or do the officials look at the server one?
You should supply a cut from the Offical Server replay, with about 30 seconds before the incident.
Last edited by Flyboy69 on Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 pm

I was tapped from behind by Matty- who I'd been having a good battle with for several laps. We caught Ron, he balked, and I went highish which Matty took as an invitation...fair enough, but I held the line; he did too and I went into the wall. Boohoo, racing incident. As for the other childish bawling from his teammate...no bloody idea. As I was spinning near the line I had no chance of orientation and I was just a target for whom ever was behind. Don't need a lecture, or sour grapes from little people...it's racing.

[Edited by the forum moderator] - You are trying to make a point about the incident as you saw it. That is very good. You have made valid points so don't ruin your credibilty the calling people names and using abusive language.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:31 pm

http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/?area=rules&series=15
:>

M

Post by M » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:32 pm

Since it was mentioned, I should say Red has done that (driven from pits or side of track to middle of the track) in the previous two races as well and caused accidents doing so.
Last edited by M on Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:33 pm

ewwww Red, youve done it now...... Youve gone and erked Team Scrumpy..... I dont envy you at all.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

RedValiant wrote:I was tapped from behind by Matty- who I'd been having a good battle with for several laps. We caught Ron, he balked, and I went highish which Matty took as an invitation...fair enough, but I held the line; he did too and I went into the wall. Boohoo, racing incident. As for the other childish bawling from his teammate...no bloody idea. As I was spinning near the line I had no chance of orientation and I was just a target for whom ever was behind. Don't need a lecture, or sour grapes from little people...it's racing.
Hey dude, i wasn't anywhere near you on the last lap, get your facts right.
O_o

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

bman wrote:Heh - You're NUMBER ONE red valiant!

what a charmer _b

Sorry Matty, thought it was you. It was another of the Green trucks - Liquid maybe... anyho no big deal at this end

[Edited by the forum moderator] - You made a mistake and apologised for it. Good attitude and how I expect the adults in this forum to behave.
Last edited by RedValiant on Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

UnbounD wrote:ewwww Red, youve done it now...... Youve gone and erked Team Scrumpy..... I dont envy you at all.
Ya and he got the wrong scrumpy driver, should really look at the replay Red

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

You should stick that pic on the back of ya car Bman :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Prometheus wrote:Cronic.

View the replay of the crash, available here to view the two incidents I was involved in.

It's utterly pointless trying to promote the league to get more people into racing when your childish rants make the whole league look like a bunch of nerdy schoolboys.
Your point?

The replay shows you driving into the back of me as I slowed slightly for the obvious incident ahead while still holding a steady line.

YOUR mistake, at least be man enough to admit it.

...haha bman that made me laugh. :D
Last edited by chronic on Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bman

Post by bman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:35 pm

Sir Girly man to you...RV

[Edited by the forum moderator] - Sigh.

wtf inspector?? Please enlighten me to how this post is in any way 'abusive'.
Last edited by bman on Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:37 pm

RedValiant wrote:I was tapped from behind by Matty- who I'd been having a good battle with for several laps. We caught Ron, he balked, and I went highish which Matty took as an invitation...fair enough, but I held the line; he did too and I went into the wall. Boohoo, racing incident. As for the other childish bawling from his teammate...no bloody idea. As I was spinning near the line I had no chance of orientation and I was just a target for whom ever was behind. Don't need a lecture, or sour grapes from little people...it's racing.
Ah i didnt balk, i slowed deliberately so you and liquid would fight for position and give me the gap i needed to stay ahead.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:41 pm

chronic wrote:

View the replay of the crash, available here to view the two incidents I was involved in.

It's utterly pointless trying to promote the league to get more people into racing when your childish rants make the whole league look like a bunch of nerdy schoolboys.
Your point?

The replay shows you driving into the back of me as I slowed slightly for the obvious incident ahead while still holding a steady line.

Without getting in between this fight, to me it looks like Prom wouldnt have had enough time to react to the crash. I mean at a 160mph and with the crash happening so close it would have been had to hit the brakes in time.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:47 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Without getting in between this fight, to me it looks like Prom wouldnt have had enough time to react to the crash. I mean at a 160mph and with the crash happening so close it would have been had to hit the brakes in time.
Really?

I was closer and was able to get on the brakes in time, he seemed more concerned with trying to get past with no where to go than getting on the brakes.

Be good to get back to some tracks that require a bit of skill so I won't have to worry about him on my tail.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:50 pm

RedValiant wrote:As I was spinning near the line I had no chance of orientation and I was just a target for whom ever was behind. Don't need a lecture, or sour grapes from little people...it's racing.
I don't think your talking about the same thing, at least as far as Bman is concerned.

You have an accident that I can't see all of in my replay so won't comment on (with Liquid). This is in the last corner.

It spins you down the straight. You hold position till 3 cars approaching you have passed _b .

You then recover by turning round across the track and turn yourself back in the right direction which is fine.

You then recover and start heading back down the straight which is fine except for some reason you drive across the track down the straight so you are back over on the racing line at a crawl. It would have been much more sensible to stay over the left off the racing line until you were up to speed.

This is when Bman hits you as him and I are dragging down the straight to the line. Yay position for me :D but #cry for Bman ;(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

bman

Post by bman » Wed Mar 16, 2005 11:58 pm

ELEMENTARY Dr Watson!

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:00 am

I was gonna complain about a certain green guy with a liking for self-portraits but I think I keep my trap shut, or else he may post the bottom half of the photo.... :D

Anyway it was probably a racing incident just cheesed me off, working hard all race, close running near finish and then what appeared to getting backed into the corner with obvious result, up into barrier and goodbye fight for the position, bummer ah well at least I was in the running for awhile.

I was probably too close on corner entry, mind you I had been trying to find a way around for awhile and was hoping my teammate would pick up on the move and help push me thru, hard to ask him for help when the opponent is listening, not mapped channels so I relied on mind reading...dumbass...

Ah well all fun, lot better than I've gone there before so I'm happy, shame the fight ahead was apparently decided by outside forces.

Dodgems next week lol :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

bman

Post by bman » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:05 am

Hmmm post a time frame so I can check it out - I know I worked a pass when Eagle started to catch up on us... Was it round that tight right hander?

You were running a wee bit slow and I didnt want to end up in a monster sandwich. Felt I had a clean race so it'd be educational to be proven wrong!

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:09 am

Enjoyed tonights race although i made a couple of mistakes which cost me dearly but i will learn from them, pity about all the bitchiness over a couple of incidents as tonights race was the cleanest all season.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:12 am

I'd have to wait to review replay mate, but it was after you passed me an i was chasing you for few and then got to close when I tried for the final time to pull past, the tight left hander, cant remember lap no..

Yes I was slow at times in right hander, as I couldn't get line right consistently there, your pass on me was fine as I recall. Will look at reply, not sure anything much in it either way, the full on racing was cool, just annoyed it ended the way it did.

Anyway no biggie as I said overall happy here and its late so gotta hit the sack, no pun intended MLC's....
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

JBR

Post by JBR » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:16 am

Flyboy69 wrote:
chronic wrote:

Your point?

had a good race untill i earned myself a black flag for speeding down pit lane just happy to keep out of trouble

oh yes x-rays have come back and show no concrete or very much else either

just glad it's not me getting the pasting this week lol _b :D

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:22 am

Lewl JBR :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:18 pm

Did I mention........

RACE RESULTS (After 43 laps)

Pos No Driver Laps Race Time

1 321 Z Happy 43 59m45.401s
2 717 Jetboy 43 59m45.471s
3 444 Inspector 43 59m56.028s

ON TRACK LAPS

Driver Laps/Total Percent
Inspector (43/43) 100.00
Z Happy (43/43) 100.00
TheBoldOne (43/43) 100.00

RACE LAPTIME CONSISTENCY
(first lap excluded)

Driver Avg Deviation Std Deviation Avg Laptime Laps
Riven 4.833 6.466 1m23.571s 43
Inspector 4.840 6.578 1m23.517s 43
Jetboy 4.880 6.083 1m23.325s 43
Z BAZZIL 4.898 7.106 1m23.865s 43
Z Happy 4.920 5.886 1m23.341s 43
TheBoldOne 4.944 6.769 1m23.952s 43
Odie 5.011 6.324 1m23.839s 43

Most interesting result for me was the last pit stop which I made right behind TonyG and UnbounD. I drove out of the pits, rejoined and got up to race speed and then discovered that my 7th spot behind them entering the pits had turned into 5th place 4 seconds ahead of them. Pit stops certainly make a difference especially when you get to the business end of the race.

It is also interesting to note the difference between this leagues points table, especially in that top ten group, and previous leagues points table at a similar time. There is a really great battle raging for the top spots with gaps of only 2 points in some cases, so absolutely no one can afford to cruise to the end.

The rookie battle is just as full on and it is also shaping up to be a fight down to the wire in the last race. Some of the new guys have really stepped up to the mark and are handling the pressure very well, others have taken set backs on the chin and got straight back in there, still doing well even after losing points, CTD's etc and others are taking what they learn each week and putting it into practice for the next week and the results of this is really starting to show. Keep up the good work and great attitudes guys.

Bring on Dover, another test for everyones skills, patience and attitudes.
Inspector

---