Nascar CTS League - Race 9 Dover International Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
chronic

Post by chronic » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:40 pm

Happy wrote:How old are you cronic ;p ?
Old enough and I lift weights, and if Ron wants in my mix thats fine by me.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:45 pm

chronic wrote:
Happy wrote:How old are you cronic ;p ?
Old enough and I lift weights, and if Ron wants in my mix thats fine by me.
FFS
Don't make me destroy you.

M

Post by M » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:46 pm

Try lifting me.

Good luck. And bring a pulley. ;p

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:53 pm

I think i either got hit or did some hitting myself with everyone on the track tonight, also got up and personal with the wall at turn 1/2 a few times. everytime i came out of pits i was involved in a ding within a few laps and there went my fresh tyres :( looking forward to next week and hopefully a bit more luck on my side.

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:00 am

Just looking at the replay of the incident I'm quite sure how Ron can even attribute the blame on me as I was a good half a car length ahead coming off the turn.

No intention of backing off a little, simply a case of him being racey with me.

Bear in mind Ron is the car on the outside being lapped here, should he yeild?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by chronic on Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:02 am

Team DuD look to have modified their trucks for next week with the hope they can get Bazzil to finish. ;p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:21 am

heh nice one Bite :D

was having a good race tonight....lots of drivers letting me through, just usually took a few laps for them to realise that I was there and running faster...patience wins the race (or in this case some hax called wood :p )

Unfortunately Nascar decided that a crash was in order for the first time ever that I've been using it and the time taken for me to get out of the race seat, over to the PC to manually restart it (crash was fairly terminal as didnt even go back to the desktop) and get back in the race pretty much saw it all over for me (was running happily in 4th...by the time I got back in was in about 28th spot

Going to miss the last 2 races of the season due to moving to Wellington on the 16th of April and imagine that Telecom wont have my connection up for at least a few weeks so a bit bummed as would have liked to have given Mikool a bit of a challenge in the rookie stakes :p

Till next week....IS IT WEDNESDAY YET????? ;p

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:45 am

Biteme wrote:Team DuD look to have modified their trucks for next week with the hope they can get Bazzil to finish. ;p
I bet that one goes :<
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:00 am

Well done to Mikool for only needing 2 pitstops in that race and with only 3 races to go has a handy lead in the Rookie league and should be hard to catch.

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:27 am

chronic wrote:Just looking at the replay of the incident I'm quite sure how Ron can even attribute the blame on me as I was a good half a car length ahead coming off the turn.

No intention of backing off a little, simply a case of him being racey with me.

Bear in mind Ron is the car on the outside being lapped here, should he yeild?

ah perhaps when submitting evidence you should tell the full story

i didn't block you you at any stage you where behind me, i worked you through traffic and then let you by.

you begin to pass me and then simply drive up the track, knocking me off the track and dropped me 5 spots.

for someone who bitches on a weekly basis that you get ripped, to the point you spam the forum, you seem to have a very different attitude to when it comes to having the roles reversed.

I got pissed at you on ventrillo cause i expected the guy that cries the most about getting ripped by some elses stupid driving, would be the last person to wreck me when i let ya by, being ya the perfect skilled racer.

ya like chequers used to be, as long ya get to the front, ya dont care whom ya knock out of the way.

I couldnt really care if you do show up this weekend to deck me, after the last two races i have been in with ya, i have neither the repsect for ya nor the time for ya, so you smacking me head in would just prove once and for all you really give a toss about the leagues you run in, you just wanna be number one.

<link removed>
Last edited by Guest on Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:00 am

Both lines are steady comming out of the corner then chronics car swerves/jumps suddenly across into yours Ron and chronics car keeps going as if nothing has happened... Smells like lag to me. Especially as chronics car took the impact to the side of the back, if it had registered for him I'd have expected him to go spinning.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:42 am

HAHA I love it, anyway as my screenshot shows I was ahead coming out of the corner and you weren't racing me for position, all you had to do was back off a little but you didn't and got shown the wall.

And any time you wanna be racey like that again expect to be shown the wall.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:41 am

All in all it was not a bad race, except for the disco that I experienced. Went from 3rd to 18th 6 laps down. Anyway, I did come up on slower traffic, some drivers let me by, while some made me work for it or make a pass on the outside. I have no problems with slower traffic maintaining a line. Yes it is frustrating when I am losing a car for position, but that slower truck has every right to be on the track as I do. I remember seeing in the forums that it is the responsibilty of the faster truck to get around the slower truck. The slower truck just needs to maintain a certain line and have control of their truck.

Disco sucks. q-
Odie

Sulley

To Mark and Ron

Post by Sulley » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:23 am

Enough already guys...lol

I expect my 'soft' approach is not appreciated or understood by some, but please give it a go.

Yes it was it appears a bad incident or a 50/50, let the protest process resolve it and/or put it to a poll, I don't care what either course you take but this flexing of muscles and baiting each other is not getting anyone anywhere.

I'm not advocating you guys kiss and make up or group hug, just act like grownups huh....Mark I find your attitude frankly embarrasing as former/current team/racing stable partner and Ron, yes defend yourself of course but escalating it just makes it worse. If you gotta have a b..ch fight, do it offline by email or something just don't hose it all over here.

I had a bad wrangle with John 'Storm' a year ago, we exchanged PM's, some of which where not too nice but we buried the hatchet, privately.

As far at the incident itself goes all I can say is I had a similar incident with Jay at one point I went under and pushed him up into wall, I realised my mistake, apologised at the time and after.

I hope that in the light of day, you guys have cooled off a bit, tell me to pull my head in you like, but that will only serve to lower my respect for both of you further, that may not matter to you but means something to me...so give it some thought wouldya and have a great easter break.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Re: To Mark and Ron

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:43 am

Sulley wrote:Enough already guys...lol

I expect my 'soft' approach is not appreciated or understood by some, but please give it a go.

Yes it was it appears a bad incident or a 50/50, let the protest process resolve it and/or put it to a poll, I don't care what either course you take but this flexing of muscles and baiting each other is not getting anyone anywhere.

I'm not advocating you guys kiss and make up or group hug, just act like grownups huh....Mark I find your attitude frankly embarrasing as former/current team/racing stable partner and Ron, yes defend yourself of course but escalating it just makes it worse. If you gotta have a b..ch fight, do it offline by email or something just don't hose it all over here.

I had a bad wrangle with John 'Storm' a year ago, we exchanged PM's, some of which where not too nice but we buried the hatchet, privately.

As far at the incident itself goes all I can say is I had a similar incident with Jay at one point I went under and pushed him up into wall, I realised my mistake, apologised at the time and after.

I hope that in the light of day, you guys have cooled off a bit, tell me to pull my head in you like, but that will only serve to lower my respect for both of you further, that may not matter to you but means something to me...so give it some thought wouldya and have a great easter break.

Nice one Sully:)

Just have to say thank you to Unbound for being so slow after my last pitstop and giving way so i could take his 3rd position ;p

I found Pat hard to pass only because everytime i would try and get past him he would drop down on the low line and that was on the straight after exiting out of the corners...why do you do that mate?
i think you need not race like that considering you where not even racing me for position!

Btw Sully great to hear you crack your face off on ventrilo last night ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Re: To Mark and Ron

Post by Guest » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:45 am

Sulley wrote:
I am cool with it all, i had my vent on ventrillo, and will put in a protest.

Like you, I am just disappointed with Marks on going attitude.
Mark you wont have a chance to wall me again, I will let you through eveytime, simply cause i have no dersire to be anywhere near you on any track.

apologies to all for being invovled in another b^&ch fight in the forum, but it is where cronik likes to stroke his ego

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:10 am

I had a tough race. I deliberately went on the track with the intention of keeping a low profile. I tried to keep my lap times in the mid to high 24s and, most times, yeilded to the faster drivers. If I was on new tyres and came up to someone a lap or more ahead of me I checked to see if I had more grip (i.e. his tyres were older) before I attempted a pass, and if I was on old tyres myself I yeilded to trucks lapping me.
BUT I STILL GOT CAUGHT UP IN TOO MANY ACCIDENTS

Something that concerns me is the lack of respect shown by some of the faster drivers towards those they are passing. Some seem to think that it is a god given right to pass slower traffic exactly were they come upon them. No hesitation at all. Just dive straight under or around the outside without any consideration for the fact that the truck they are lapping may well be dealing with a race situation of his own.
There are also the cases where two of the faster drivers racing together in intense competition come up to a truck to be lapped and one goes diving under and the other charges around the outside. They have got to know that in most cases this is going to end in tears.
This happened to me a couple of times during the race. I was watching F2, saw someone coming, moved up the track to give them the inside line and made contact with the bonehead who changed his line and tried to drive in a (sic) 3rd groove.

What I saying here is that it isn't just the back half of the field who have temper their driving, IT'S ALL OF US!
We have all got a right to be there, and it's only going to be fun if arrogance and bullying are not part of things.

I think that it is quite sad to see such intense vitriolic personal attacks after the races.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:24 am

Points are pretty tight, pending any replays.

1 Happy 1308
2 Odie 1305
3 Daniel Wood 1303
4 TheBoldOne 1277
5 Inspector 1256
6 Tony Greenheld 1247
7 Ze Bazzil 1197
8 Eagle32 1195
9 Mattly 1193
10 UnbounD 1186
Odie

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:41 am

odonohuesp wrote:Points are pretty tight, pending any replays.

7 Ze Bazzil 1197

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 am

Monsters Inc 4644
DuD 4630
Sim TV 4343
MLC 3898

Getting closer for the teams too, with 3 to go it's anyones bet :)

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:46 am

Ripped Bazz. ;p

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:03 am

Looks like I missed another great race fellas.

The weeks of double shifts and no life finally caught up with me last night, and I had to give up something - and the racing came 2nd ;)

But it was a very nice bottle of wine !

And so bring on Wednesday please.
YouTube videos

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:21 am

You put in a protest if it makes you feel better Ron, we'll see how one-eyed the judging panel is.

I was about to apologise for the incident which I considered 50-50 but when I get laid into like that over ventrillo I'm inclined to give the same back.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 am

chronic wrote:You put in a protest if it makes you feel better Ron, we'll see how one-eyed the judging panel is.

I was about to apologise for the incident which I considered 50-50 but when I get laid into like that over ventrillo I'm inclined to give the same back.

Now thats unfair on the panel there Cronik!

As i believe we are doing a great job and are quite fair to everyone including sad sacks :)
Wah Wah Wah

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:39 am

ronwest wrote:ya like chequers used to be, as long ya get to the front, ya dont care whom ya knock out of the way.
All class that is. _b

Go review the replay and tell me how many people I intentionally hit.