Nascar CTS League - Race 11 Chicagoland Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:37 am

Missed the race cos I was pssshed after a golf dinner and got home at 9:20.
Figured you'd not want me on the track in that state with only 5 minutes of practice. ;)
Sounds like it was a usual small track result though.
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:16 am

My night ended early as machine don't like soundcard and or game..lol.

So when I spun the second time machine locked, was so po'd I broke my own rules and gave in, which in turn po'd me even further...arrgh.

Gotta get to bottom of soundcard issue...other ppl have same BSOD issue with audigy 2 and NR2003 so I'm not alone, wonderful NOT without a reliable resolution.

Didn't like track much and vise versa, sorry for causing probs early on.

Well done Monsters for keeping on trucking, unless the DuD's are in a bus that goes over a cliff at the weekend, looks like they got inside track for the team title. Not that the Monsters would want to win in such a fashion, been a great comp to date regardless.

Off to Doctors for meds soon.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:59 am

Wood wrote:Because of Odie's sterling drive tonight, I barely make dent in his lead >_<

I have to apologise to Mikool for puting him into the wall, struggling with worn tires, usual excuses etc...... :o

Not much else to say other than it was nice to feel the pressure of qualifying again. :)
What pressure, you seemed to handle it quite qual by turn a lap 2 tenth faster than Chronic.

Surprising enough was did not get spun out once, there were numerous close calls with other drivers, but it seemed that everyone that I was around handled the accidents quite well and didn't go plowing through the carnage.
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:01 pm

mikool wrote:
Wood wrote:Because of Odie's sterling drive tonight, I barely make dent in his lead >_<

I have to apologise to Mikool for puting him into the wall, struggling with worn tires, usual excuses etc...... :o

Not much else to say other than it was nice to feel the pressure of qualifying again. :)
Its ok wood. I lost a few spots from that ding and not happy but no big deal. Made top 20 and thats my target for each race.

You would be surprised how many ppl want me to protest. But I am not going to. Ie. Bazz, Happy and Inspector to name a few… I wonder why??? Points maybe???
We as organizers would never look at a replay if we knew it was being submitted based off the gain of other drivers. ;p
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:08 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
mikool wrote:

Its ok wood. I lost a few spots from that ding and not happy but no big deal. Made top 20 and thats my target for each race.

You would be surprised how many ppl want me to protest. But I am not going to. Ie. Bazz, Happy and Inspector to name a few… I wonder why??? Points maybe???
We as organizers would never look at a replay if we knew it was being submitted based off the gain of other drivers. ;p
Good call Odie _b _b _b _b _b _b

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:21 pm

I loved the track, was great to get back to a stock track that wasn't a superspeedway and didn't have fps issues or severe surface glitches. :>

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:24 pm

chronic wrote:I loved the track, was great to get back to a stock track that wasn't a superspeedway and didn't have fps issues or severe surface glitches. :>
Good race Chronic

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:43 pm

The track was good, it's challenging enough to spread out the field while not too difficult that people start crashing by themselves.

I didn't get spun, but like Odie there were some close calls, the race was very clean from where I was sitting. :)
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:23 pm

Thank you Inspector. No probs with it after a night in my oxygen tent to recover. I respect you too much to bear any ill for too long. :grouphug:

Probably done my dash in CTS as I can't make next week. I don't have the skill to make my own luck as others seem to manage, and it all gets too much like a lottery and my poor ticker probably won't handle too much more over-stimulation. It's been, in a word, an education and, at the end a bloody good hoot for a confirmed Novice Oval racer.
Good luck to Typhoon, Mikool, AL and JBR for the Rookies table and see you all in the road racing or GTP series. Peace and goodwill fellows. _b

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:16 pm

Red i hope we will see you for the next series. Your driving skills have improved noticably over the last 4 events and i think that a fresh start will do you good. Just remember that there are 35 odd other humans out there racing and a top 10 finish is satisfying in it's self. Anyway enough blah blah and c u next season. :p

P.S when i said odd drivers, i mean't ODD drivers ;p

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:32 pm

Yeah man, stick around. I have almost no skill and Flyboy has none and we both hang around striving for that elusive top 10 finish.

(:
Don't make me destroy you.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:56 am

Sulley wrote:My night ended early as machine don't like soundcard and or game..lol.

So when I spun the second time machine locked, was so po'd I broke my own rules and gave in, which in turn po'd me even further...arrgh.

Gotta get to bottom of soundcard issue...other ppl have same BSOD issue with audigy 2 and NR2003 so I'm not alone, wonderful NOT without a reliable resolution.

Well done Monsters for keeping on trucking, unless the DuD's are in a bus that goes over a cliff at the weekend, looks like they got inside track for the team title. Not that the Monsters would want to win in such a fashion, been a great comp to date regardless.

OH you have an Audigy2 aswell and get teh mad Blue Screen :eek: ?
I got one aswell sully and had exactly the same problem

Except with mine I get a bit of a warning before it shits itself, my sound goes high pitched and >insert rude word here< and slows the game right down and then displays the lovely blue screen.

I have found a solution though Sully so all is not lost :),
It's called a Non-Creative solution because you see the problem with the standard drivers is that they are Creative which means they have got teh gay.
You can download The KX Drivers from here:
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

make sure you get 'Driver Cleaner Pro' (find in google) and use that to clean out your old creative drivers (as well as uninstalling them, but uninstall them first)
Then install the KX drivers and you're away, the interface is a bit ghey but you just have to get used to it, also it's quite the mission to get your Mic working properly with them without getting the line out sound going through it aswell but I can tell you how to sort it out anywho.

:)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:57 am

BAZZIL wrote:
Sulley wrote:My night ended early as machine don't like soundcard and or game..lol.

OH you have an Audigy2 aswell and get teh mad Blue Screen :eek: ?
I got one aswell sully and had exactly the same problem

Except with mine I get a bit of a warning before it shits itself, my sound goes high pitched and >insert rude word here< and slows the game right down and then displays the lovely blue screen.

I have found a solution though Sully so all is not lost :),
It's called a Non-Creative solution because you see the problem with the standard drivers is that they are Creative which means they have got teh gay.
You can download The KX Drivers from here:
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/down.php?language=en

make sure you get 'Driver Cleaner Pro' (find in google) and use that to clean out your old creative drivers (as well as uninstalling them, but uninstall them first)
Then install the KX drivers and you're away, the interface is a bit ghey but you just have to get used to it, also it's quite the mission to get your Mic working properly with them without getting the line out sound going through it aswell but I can tell you how to sort it out anywho.

:)
Awesome Bazz thanks dude.. so far I solved it (fingers crossed) by lowering Hardware Acceleration done to basic to allow non 3d sound to work. INstalled latest beta creative drivers and turned on 3d sound, seems ok. But I like your solution better so will have a look at it over the weekend, after I do a DVD rendering for Prom of the CTS race.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:49 am

Is there a replay file around ?
YouTube videos

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:12 pm

since Riven is away, I don't think we can access the server replay o_O. Mebbe inspector can though.
:>