NZNL - Race 5 - The Inspectors 121 at Chicagoland

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:22 pm

Biteme wrote:
The NZNL commitee wish to advise the following members - FLYBOY and STORM that their written comments in this forum last week overstepped the boundarys of what is permissable. Abusive flaming, and derogatory comments against other members or this commitee are not in the best interests or spirit of the league and are not permitted, similar comments in the future will result in league penaltys. This is not open for public discussion.
Woz it a Fly in the ointment, or a Storm in a teacup? ;p
As stated this is not open for public discussion. Any post concerning this will be deleted without warning, since this is your warning.
Odie

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:03 am

all these rules will take the fun out of the game if not careful....

Also I don't really see how the NZNL committee can stop people saying/typing anything in the forum.

I know this will be deleted, but at least i feel better for typing it.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:57 am

I agree, you can't stop people from discussing what they want, it is a forum after all. What the committee don't want tho is people complaining to the committee about desicions made by the committee like penalties and warnings given out because of cracked off faces about the nascar races :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Jun 07, 2005 9:12 am

Surely the NZNL committee did not think that no one would bitch about there desicions.

That is a fact of life in any committee really. You can not please everyone and people will bitch..

you best defence in my mind is just make no comment on the bitching. if you reply thats what they want you do...
Mikool...

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:00 am

You can wind people up, poke fun at them and tell people you disagree. But out right abuse of people and calling them lazy f....s is not acceptable.

The GP Sim Forum at least had a reputation as a place to go to have fun and a decent discussion without any childish abuse and CS mentality "You suck, I'm better than you" talk. Agent made it well known how to behave and the forum members understood that and there was no problem.

So during discussions about the league in this forum it falls upon the committee to set some standards rather than a forum moderator because any abuse of people and the rules tends to overflow onto the track and that effects everyone. As drivers ourselves the committee do not want to be bogged down by rules, we spend all this time putting together the rules so we can compete in a league without stupid arguments and stupid drivers. The rules control that side of things and also give the league some structure.

If you want the right to ridicule the committee and the rules they make and enforce then I'll step down and you take my place then you can run things how you see fit. If you think CS Kiddie talk and flaming of other members in this forum is fine, then I'll step down and you let them act that way.

I don't know about the rest of the committee, but personally I am sick to death of being abused for volunteering to set up and run a league. I can go to work and get abused, I get paid for that, but I don't have to listen to the crap some of you guys throw at us week after week.
Inspector

---

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:16 am

Right on Inspector....

Ye olde walk mile in the other guys shoes saying springs to mind. Just trying to give away a prize has given me some small insight of the sorta frak you guys put up with, I do not envy you the job and think you dont get the respect your due.

People will crack their face off at times and say things they should regret, this will happen, I know, but the big difference is if they have the stones to front up and apologise for crossing the line.

Some of the old hands are not exactly setting a great example for our newer members. I do not want to see another round of name calling and all that crap. I would hope the majority are big enough and mature enough to just cool it and get back to having fun and giving a little.

Extreme points of view or personal attacks should be handled offline between individuals or follow due process not insight public wars, these go beyond debate into war.

Keep up the good work Inspector and the committee _b _b _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:16 am

like I have said in the past.. I think the committee are doing a good job.

Just don't take the bitching that gets aimed at you to heart. One saying i like and live by is "water off a ducks back". In other words.. "So what you like cos I don't give a f...K"
Mikool...

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:19 am

Inspector wrote: I can go to work and get abused, I get paid for that
Sounds like you work for my ex wife :D

On a serious note, the abuse, swearing and yelling at the committe has got to stop guys.

We're not 12 year old l33t kiddies, the league has expanded to over 40 drivers on a regular basis now, looked after by volunteers.

There's now more sponsors donating real $$$ prizes, and while we're all a very competitive group of geeks, do we want to sink to name calling and taunts ?

If people don't like the decisions made by the volunteers, then leave. It's pretty simple. But the complaints about the committe taking too long or being too harsh on protests, or forum posts ? I mean really, c'mon guys.

This is a fun league to race in. There will always be upset people, and there will always be some people having a good day, and having a bad day. But there needs to be rules set, and while people like to 'wind up' some, either on Ventrillo or via posting, I think people need to calm down and ask themselves why they bother to join this group.

If you've got something worthwhile to post about, then do so. Want to do a abuse, or flame someone, or just add a O_o or a :Puke: for a post, then do a PM.

.end rant
.goto 1
YouTube videos

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:40 am

mikool wrote:Just don't take the bitching that gets aimed at you to heart. One saying i like and live by is "water off a ducks back". In other words.. "So what you like cos I don't give a f...K"
Yes you can live by that, and if we were getting paid to be on the committee we would probably live by that too,

but when you do it for nothing and you do it for the members of this forum and the members of the league and someone bitches at you it's a bit hard not to take it to heart.

It's the same reason why the US pits closed down, they put alot of work into the community, mostly for nothing, and to have the community moan at them , how is that water off a ducks back ?

I think a few people are viewing the committee like
'they chose to be on the committee so they should put up with the bullshit' rather than
'good on them for helping out our community and helping run the nascar league, we shall support them as much as we can'

I know this isn't perhaps what your original post was about Mikool but the thread has tuned this way lol :P but basicaly it's the moaning posts (as far as the nascar league is concerned) we want to get rid of, anything else is pretty much apples ;p.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.